Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #211
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 27 2007, 05:19 AM) [snapback]317402[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Paco and Wendy,

The ?s have disappeared without my having done anything. My website provider must be makig changes. I'll have to write them if it happens again.

Do either of you see the ?s now?

Cheers,

Mr. Bill
[/b]
hmm i didnt found any error like before now.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 27-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #212
Jasmin

Hey guys, thank you so much for being so concerned. I feel better. I hope I can re-play the game today and tomorrow. Hope you´re all well. Best wishes, Jasmin
P.S I know this has nothing to do with armaeth but I was wondering if you guys know some old adventure games kinda armaeth and kings quest. What are your fave adventure games (old and new)
Jasmin is offline                         Send a private message to Jasmin
Old 27-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #213
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you will definately like legend of kyrandia
then you may try fable, mixed up fairy tales, loom, monkey island and you can also try black cauldron if you dont mind worse graphics
Old 27-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #214
WendyMann
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 27 2007, 05:19 AM) [snapback]317402[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Paco and Wendy,

The ?s have disappeared without my having done anything. My website provider must be makig changes. I'll have to write them if it happens again.

Do either of you see the ?s now?

Cheers,

Mr. Bill
[/b]
Hi Mr Bill

Yep, they are still there, unfortunately!!!

Regards
Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 27-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #215
WendyMann
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasmin @ Oct 27 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]317424[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey guys, thank you so much for being so concerned. I feel better. I hope I can re-play the game today and tomorrow. Hope you´re all well. Best wishes, Jasmin
P.S I know this has nothing to do with armaeth but I was wondering if you guys know some old adventure games kinda armaeth and kings quest. What are your fave adventure games (old and new)
[/b]
Hi Jasmin
Welcome back!!! LOL Glad you are feeling better.
I have emailed you a list of recommended games you would probably like.
R.U.S.S. 's recommendations are excellent, I have played them all, except for Loom.
P.S. There are 3 Legend of Kyrandia games (Legend of Kyrandia 1, 2 and 3), they are all great.
Best regards
Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 27-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #216
Jasmin

Hey Wendy, I don´t know exactly your score list but i think you got 0 points for reviving the fire. Well I got 20 score points for reviving the fire (stand as close as you can and type "put wood in embers" and 5 points for lighting the torch. Well that´s all. Best wishes Jasmin
Jasmin is offline                         Send a private message to Jasmin
Old 28-10-2007, 02:58 AM   #217
Sal
Game Wizzard

:brain: Hi to Wendy, Jasmin, Paco and all,
Yay I got witchy AGAIN and I am on my way up to the dreaded sarhuls. I have 515 points so far. I need to get the knife (dagger) I hate these sarhuls and would love to send you the saved games before and after the STEEL DOOR so you can get them for me Wendy.. Will let you know how I get on.. Jasmin all the Kyrandia games are terrific to play..I can't get the "Malcom's revenge" to play on my computer even though I have the latest DOS BOX .. Best wishes SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 28-10-2007, 03:31 AM   #218
WendyMann
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasmin @ Oct 27 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]317424[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Best wishes, Jasmin
[/b]
Hello all
I have attached the list of games I recommend, including the ones r.u.s.s. recommended too.
Remember, these are personal preferences, so you might not agree. However, these are my fave adventure games. The ones without remarks are ones which I doubt are available for download or to buy, so maybe try to find them second-hand somewhere.
Regards
Wendy
Old 28-10-2007, 04:01 AM   #219
WendyMann
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Oct 28 2007, 04:58 AM) [snapback]317511[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:brain: Hi to Wendy, Jasmin, Paco and all,
Yay I got witchy AGAIN and I am on my way up to the dreaded sarhuls. I have 515 points so far. I need to get the knife (dagger) I hate these sarhuls and would love to send you the saved games before and after the STEEL DOOR so you can get them for me Wendy.. Will let you know how I get on.. Jasmin all the Kyrandia games are terrific to play..I can't get the "Malcom's revenge" to play on my computer even though I have the latest DOS BOX .. Best wishes SAL
[/b]
Hi Sal
Yes, I will trap the 4 Sarhuls for you with pleasure, if I am "lucky" again - it does seem easier each time because one remembers movement patterns better the more often one tries.

"Legend of Kyrandia Malcolm's Revenge" :
Here are my old notes, in case something in there could help you - I played a downloaded version ages ago on my Pentium 200 Win 95 PC (before I upgraded it to Win98 2nd edition, which would probably also work well for this game):

"No movies, no speech" (on my PC) - but not an issue because there are subtitles and the lack of movies was not too disconcerting.
Do NOT choose view intro, or the game will not play. N.B. N.B. maybe this was your problem, Sal?
Leave CD in drive N.B. N.B. maybe this was also your problem, Sal. (this was my downloaded game-CD I was referring to)
Run from file kyr3.exe"

Sal, try running it on Win XP with DOSBox again, if you do not have an old PC, and the above pointers are likely to get you past the problems, but I have not tested it on Win XP myself.
Hope the above helps.
Yes, I agree, I simply LOVED the Kyrandia games.
Best regards, Wendy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasmin @ Oct 27 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]317488[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey Wendy, I don´t know exactly your score list but i think you got 0 points for reviving the fire. Well I got 20 score points for reviving the fire (stand as close as you can and type "put wood in embers" and 5 points for lighting the torch. Well that´s all. Best wishes Jasmin
[/b]
Hi Jasmin
Great work!!! You are very observant! Thanks a million.
I gave up after dying many times trying to light the fire, but i did not use the word "embers" - you are very observant - the answer was there all the time, if only we had realised it!!!
Also what made me give up, was that the hints file itself said you could only light the fire by cheating - which put me off trying further.
Thanks so much for the info, I will try it myself for fun, and I will add it to the walkthrough in due course.
Best wishes, Wendy
Old 28-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #220
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wendy JM @ Oct 28 2007, 05:31 AM) [snapback]317515[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[attachmentid=4133]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasmin @ Oct 27 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]317424[/snapback]
Quote:
Best wishes, Jasmin
[/b]
Hello all
I have attached the list of games I recommend, including the ones r.u.s.s. recommended too.
Remember, these are personal preferences, so you might not agree. However, these are my fave adventure games. The ones without remarks are ones which I doubt are available for download or to buy, so maybe try to find them second-hand somewhere.
Regards
Wendy
[/b][/quote]
Hello Wendy. i request to edit the attachement (or delete and upload another one) where you REMOVE the site with a 'small fee'. cause the site is ignoring esa rules and offers protected games. then, it offers games for money, But, illegaly. they have absolutely no reason, game developers agreegement or moral rights to ask for money from you. they have just downloaded games from the internet like you do and offer them for money now. if you have already payed on the site, im sorry to say that you have been fcuked up and became a mass crowd puppet who gave them money for nothing. in addition, they steal reviews and screenshots from other abandonware sites like Abandonia and many others as well.

i have also reported the post to local forum moderator so he might remove it by himself

and once again, im sorry that if payed money on the site