Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #171
WendyMann
Game freak

[quote]
Hi Dosraider
Thanks a stack for your "coaching" re screen-shots, I really appreciate it, and thanks for making it simple (for a technological-dodo like me)!
I have screen-printed your info, to refer back to whenever needed.
Thanks once again,
Regards, Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 17-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #172
Sal
Game Wizzard

Hello to the 5th Horseman......This is an SOS call from Wendy who has e-mailed me.. She is unable to log on to the forum due to a "SQL error" I have no idea what this is, but since you were so helpful and kind when I was having problems I thought you might be able to help Wendy.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...with thanks SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 17-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #173
dosraider
Dismembered.

NO PANIC.

See, Abandonia is already back.
Had also some probs to connect.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 18-10-2007, 06:37 AM   #174
Sal
Game Wizzard

[attachmentid=4126] Hello Dos Raider...... Thanks...yes I am getting in Ok but Wendy is still not having any success. I am attatching the page she sent me via e-mail so that you can see what she is receiving. Any help will be greatly appreciated....Regards SAL
Old 18-10-2007, 08:53 AM   #175
Jasmin

Hello everybody
well I had the same problem like Wendy this morning and I just disconnected my internet, waited about a minute and connected it again. When I tried to open the forum-page it worked. I just wrote an email to Wendy, so she knows, what I did to connect to the forum.
All the best,
Jasmin
Jasmin is offline                         Send a private message to Jasmin
Old 18-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #176
WendyMann
Game freak

Hello Paco
This is a "multiple-parts" reply to your long posting:

- your new map of level 0 looks very good, I have not checked all the connecting lines (had a rough day, so my brain is frazzled!), but will do so on the weekend. Thanks a lot!

- your map of level 1 is very smart and correct. Thanks a lot!

- I think the white background is fine, it makes the colours look fine (and also saves on printing-ink!).

- coloured paths might help, but are not essential.

- thanks a stack for the "screenshots" info, and between your info and Dosraiders, I have learned a lot. Much appreciated.

- your points listing:
I did not keep a points listing originally because I had not intended to do one at first (nor intended to write a a walkthrough either at first) and I have had very little time to re-start the game, so I cannot yet check the game-points (action-points). However, your treasure points (not coin points because it includes non-coins) and your merchandise points (levels 0 and 1) are spot-on!! Well done!!!

- just one thing re points list : for clarity, please specify which door you mean each time (like you specified which key each time). Thanks

- okay, I have noted your request to test re Prytwen jail points : ("i dont know for sure if 10 points came from close the door after dropping Prytwen in Jail or something like that, because i dont always get it. so someone can test it out?").
I will hopefully get to it on the weekend - but Jasmin and Sal will probably get there first, so maybe they can also check this out.

- yes, I was stupid re the double-post - thanks!

- "why so complicated when you can made yourself easy with the Walk-Button? with the Walk-Button you get automatically through the mini-maze".
Thanks, I was using the keyboard arrow-keys everywhere, because so many places need fine control in this game, so I had nopt realised the walk-button made it easier/automatic. I will try it out, thanks a lot.

Many thanks for all your efforts, Paco.
Regards, Wendy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Oct 17 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]316555[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello to the 5th Horseman......This is an SOS call from Wendy who has e-mailed me.. She is unable to log on to the forum due to a "SQL error" I have no idea what this is, but since you were so helpful and kind when I was having problems I thought you might be able to help Wendy.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...with thanks SAL
[/b]
Hello all,
Thanks for all your help, everyone!!!! I got into the website on first try this evening, and posted my reply on first try, also with no problems. Hooray, hooray.
I had showed one of our IM guys at work a screen-print of the SQL error message, and he said it was a "technical" problem with the website's server (or one of their servers). Anyway, now it is solved. Thanks a million, everyone!!!
Regards, Wendy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasmin @ Oct 18 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]316599[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello everybody
well I had the same problem like Wendy this morning and I just disconnected my internet, waited about a minute and connected it again. When I tried to open the forum-page it worked. I just wrote an email to Wendy, so she knows, what I did to connect to the forum.
All the best,
Jasmin
[/b]
Hi Jasmin, Thanks for your help and info. Unfortunately, disconnecting from the internet (and even restarting my PC) did not work for me, I still kept getting the error messages (even at 3 different times of day, on two different days, too). However, it seems the website guys(girls too?) have fixed the problem.
Regards
Wendy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Oct 17 2007, 04:13 AM) [snapback]316472[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Wendy and Jasmin..... Yay Team!!I have started replaying the game ...just trying to get Prytwen again. Wendy did you know that you could get to the wood pile by climbing the big tree with the overhanging branch on the L side. It is quite easy, probably abit easier than the cliff. I am trying to get everything I can without using maps etc as I think (for me anyway) half the fun is in the exploration of the game...SAL
[/b]
Hi Sal
Yes, thanks a lot. I had already submitted this info to mrbill in my last update, which he will put on his website in due course. Thanks for helping improve the walkthrough (and thanks to everyone else also!!).
Regards
Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 18-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #177
Sal
Game Wizzard

:brain: Hi Wendy...glad to see you back!!! I have got Prytwen locked up and have the nugget safely stashed in the casket. When I put Prytwen in Jail I had to leave the door open as each time I tried to lock it Igot locked in as well. I assumed that if I left the door open Prytwen would try to get out and trigger the secret panel on the floor and get locked in, which happened.Now there are only bones inside the cell. I am thinking of having a look for the bear skin up top . Then I am off to the second secret entrance...to battle the dwarves...Regards SAL
Old 19-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #178
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Oct 18 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]316653[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
When I put Prytwen in Jail I had to leave the door open as each time I tried to lock it Igot locked in as well. I assumed that if I left the door open Prytwen would try to get out and trigger the secret panel on the floor and get locked in, which happened.Now there are only bones inside the cell. I am thinking of having a look for the bear skin up top . Then I am off to the second secret entrance...to battle the dwarves...Regards SAL
[/b]
you can close the door. you just need to stand left to close the door outside of cell. i got 10 points for that, but not always (dont know why).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WendyJM @ Oct 18 2007, 06:33 PM) [snapback]316707[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
- just one thing re points list : for clarity, please specify which door you mean each time (like you specified which key each time). Thanks[/b]
Yes, sir.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 19-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #179
WendyMann
Game freak

Hi Sal
Yes, glad to be back, thanks a lot.
As Paco said, to lock the door behind you, just go slightly through the entrance/doorway, turn around and face south, then lock the door.
For anyone else reading this : after unlocking the jail to enter it, walk slightly in then turn around and "take" (pick-up icon) the keys on the right-hand wall just outside the jail - then if you get trapped inside, you can simply unlock from inside because you are carrying the keys.

Hi Paco
Thanks a stack for your "yes sir" response: I had a really good laugh
(but I must mention I did not mean it as an order - that is why I tried to ask nicely - seems I did not succeed!). Keep well!
Regards, Wendy
Old 19-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #180
Sal
Game Wizzard

k: Thankz Paco.....I must have tried to close that door twenty times before I gave up. Might go back and have another go and see how many more points I get.

By the way just out of curiosity can anyone tell me what the 5 little red squares with warn 0% down below my name mean? Haven't seen it on other members posts.. Can someone enlighten me?.....SAL