Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #161
WendyMann
Game freak

Hello Sal
Thanks for clearing up the mysteries. I think I must have omitted to notice the extra skeleton the first time I went back to the jail (after using your saved-game for the Sarhul area), hence I thought Prytwen had escaped.
With regards to keys, it is not important at all, but there should be 5 keys altogether and you had only 4 in inventory, so I checked, and the missing one is the one for the chest in the hut, which it seems is not used anywhere else. The hut's chest-key is a single red-and-black key (whereas the jail keys are a "set of 2 red-and-black keys with keyring"). The chest key was in the chest itself - and I am still vaguely wondering why we did not need to use it, or the chest for that matter!! Hmmm, another mystery!!!.
I agree with you : "Jasmin has made me think again.. are we really finished or is there more..".
I am having a busy time, but will get back to the game soon, I hope!!! Lets hope one of us (or another forum contributor) can find out what we are missing!!
Regards
Wendy

Hello Paco (or anyone else),
Have you played Armaeth to the end of level 3? - if so, did you find a way to use the crystal ball to communicate, or did you maybe find something else to do after entering the kiosk/crystal ball room (other than crowning Killian)? If you did, please (a huge please!!!) post the info on this forum - we very much would like to finish this game properly.
Thanks a lot.
Regards
Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 15-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #162
Sal
Game Wizzard

:blink: Paco, what does this word "Dingbum" mean? I have never come across it before..Our fellow gamer Wendy has made a wonderful effort to help others playing this fascinating game "armaeth" I personally value the help she has given me...If this word is a rude one, then shame on you. If you have played the game through why not share your knowledge without resorting to illmannered remarks......SAL

Wendy.....I am sure I had that key BUT....I did replay quite a few games so could have omitted doing it again... I am starting to get the urge to go back to the beginning and replay the whole thing. I am becoming convinced that getting the whole number of points plus treasure MAY be the key..AAAh well its worth a try. By the way the game with the sarhuls (all 4 trapped) does not seem to have the emerald in it. Did you notice that the Talisman had writing on it but the blurb said no one can read it but a wise man. I tried with the emerald and the wand but either I am not getting the commands correct or it just doesn't work...Gotta Go ....Regards SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 16-10-2007, 04:33 AM   #163
WendyMann
Game freak

Hi Sal
Thanks a lot!!!.

I have just checked my saved-game (SAV160.AAA) and the emerald is there - stand where you can see what you are going to drop, face forwards (south), and type "drop emerald" and see if the green emerald appears at your feet. I have just done so, and it is there. If the emerald is not there when you try to drop it, then let me know and I will send you a copy of the correct save (but cannot understand what is wrong, in that case).
Yes, you are probably right re the full game points, and the talisman description also had me curious. I am also going to re-start the game, and will be alert to any clues we did not "resolve" in our previous passes-through the game.

Hey Jasmin, how about joining us in re-playing Armaeth, to see what we can find out re the missing points and the ending? We make a great team!!! Plus anyone else on the forum who wants to join our "team", of course.

P.S. I have just submitted the latest updates to the walkthrough and to the points-list, to mrbill, so he update them into the walkthrough on his website in due course.

Okay, gotta go to work.
Best wishes, Wendy :w00t:
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 16-10-2007, 07:01 AM   #164
Jasmin

Hey Sal and Wendy,
of course I wanna join your team and re-play armaeth. Well I started to make a score list but I am not quiet finished. Okay, I talk to you later
Jasmin
Jasmin is offline                         Send a private message to Jasmin
Old 16-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #165
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wendy JM @ Oct 15 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]316266[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello Paco
Thanks for your map. It is very elegant with the screendumps, but of course it also has its disadvantages (e.g. same screen repeated 3 times, and several repeated twice, etc).

I believe there is room for both styles of map - some people will prefer yours with pictures, and some will prefer mine where one can see all the paths at one glance leading into/out of a particular screen - without repeating the screen in more than one place.[/b]
I will try to make it better, but it is hard with the unlogical geographically.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wendy JM @ Oct 15 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]316266[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So yes, go ahead and make maps for levels 1 to 3, they are in any event much more geographically-logical, which also makes it easier. I have not submitted the map for level 3 yet because we are still trying to see if we have missed an area or something (and in any event level 3 is very simple so no-one is likely to get lost in the meantime).

P.S. Rudeness was not necessary("this *Dingbum* there")!!!

Regards
Wendy.
[/b]
This should be just a joke, but it seems i went overboard. I' sorry.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wendy JM @ Oct 15 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]316268[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello Paco (or anyone else),
Have you played Armaeth to the end of level 3? - if so, did you find a way to use the crystal ball to communicate, or did you maybe find something else to do after entering the kiosk/crystal ball room (other than crowning Killian)? If you did, please (a huge please!!!) post the info on this forum - we very much would like to finish this game properly.
Thanks a lot.[/b]
no need to tell me what i can do, because i read this thread what your Group do. I will help but the mapping has priority to me before the gameplay. You are not in a hurry or?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Oct 16 2007, 01:05 AM) [snapback]316358[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Paco, what does this word "Dingbum" mean? I have never come across it before..Our fellow gamer Wendy has made a wonderful effort to help others playing this fascinating game "armaeth" I personally value the help she has given me...If this word is a rude one, then shame on you. If you have played the game through why not share your knowledge without resorting to illmannered remarks......SAL[/b]
dingsbum is a german word, so Jasmin should know what it means. Yes it was rude from me. It should be a joke, but that didn't work.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 16-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #166
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

it did work, just some people are err.. well. take everything too seriously
Old 16-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #167
WendyMann
Game freak

[/quote]
This should be just a joke, but it seems i went overboard. I' sorry.

Hello Paco
Thanks for your explanation, and I appreciate your apology too - all is forgiven!!! We are all working together in one cause (and had put a huge amount of work into it), i.e. to enjoy our games, and to help each other and use "teamwork" when we are stuck!
Good luck with making the maps for the remaining levels : as I said, there is always room for different views, and in this case, your different maps, especially with the screenshots, which looks really elegant!
No need to re-do level 0 map, it serves an excellent purpose in its own right, and I doubt if it could be improved upon, with the illogical geography of the level.
You will find that levels 1 to 3 will be much easier to map with screenshots, because they are MUCH more logical. No, there is no hurry, so take your time as you gety a chance.
Best wishes, Wendy

Hey Paco

When you have time, I have a question for you, please : I would love to know how to take screenshots (I like learning new but non-complex PC skills). Do you need a special program/utility, or is there a simple way to do it?
I have occasionally done a screen-print, by using alt+printscreen to copy to clipboard, then going right out of the game, and calling up MS-Word, then doing Ctrl+V to paste it into MS-Word, but that is quite slow and does not always work.
If you are willing to disclose your "secret" please share it with us?
Regards
Wendy

Hi Jasmin
Thanks for agreeing to re-play with us! Great!!! Good luck with the scores-list. I will also tackle that on my side too. Have you seen the treasures-list and merchandise-list at the end of my walkthrough? - and when mrbill updates it with the latest info I sent him, you will see we are missing only 350 merchandise points (which could be one item, or several small-value items).
Hi Sal and Jasmin,
We were missing only 65 game-points - and I have suddenly realised what some of it will be : remember early in the game, we could not light the wood at the fire without using the cheat - well, I bet some of our missing points are to do with lighting the wood correctly (to get a burning/lit torch).
Regards
Wendy
Old 16-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #168
dosraider
Dismembered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wendy JM @ Oct 16 2007, 07:32 PM) [snapback]316435[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey Paco
When you have time, I have a question for you, please : I would love to know how to take screenshots (I like learning new but non-complex PC skills). Do you need a special program/utility, or is there a simple way to do it?[/b]
I'm not Paco but:
If you're on dosbox:
Hit CTRL+F5, screenshot is taken and stored in \dosbox\capture folder as *.PNG.
You can take as many as you want, they are 'auto' numbered.

If you want a winprog for screenies: Irfanview is pretty good and freeware.
http://www.irfanview.com/
You find the screenshot item under 'options'.
Setup as you wish. (it's self explaining).

Just want to add that your topic is fun to read, even if I prob never will play that game (not my kind of stuff) k: .

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 16-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #169
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wendy JM @ Oct 16 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]316433[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello Paco
Thanks for your explanation, and I appreciate your apology too - all is forgiven!!! We are all working together in one cause (and had put a huge amount of work into it), i.e. to enjoy our games, and to help each other and use "teamwork" when we are stuck!
Good luck with making the maps for the remaining levels : as I said, there is always room for different views, and in this case, your different maps, especially with the screenshots, which looks really elegant!
No need to re-do level 0 map, it serves an excellent purpose in its own right, and I doubt if it could be improved upon, with the illogical geography of the level.
You will find that levels 1 to 3 will be much easier to map with screenshots, because they are MUCH more logical. No, there is no hurry, so take your time as you gety a chance.
Best wishes, Wendy
[/b]
too late ^^

i am thinking to color some Path to make it less confussed. Or to use another Color as White for backcolor. criticism are welcome to improve the Map.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wendy JM @ Oct 16 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]316433[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
When you have time, I have a question for you, please : I would love to know how to take screenshots (I like learning new but non-complex PC skills). Do you need a special program/utility, or is there a simple way to do it?
I have occasionally done a screen-print, by using alt+printscreen to copy to clipboard, then going right out of the game, and calling up MS-Word, then doing Ctrl+V to paste it into MS-Word, but that is quite slow and does not always work.
If you are willing to disclose your "secret" please share it with us?
Regards
Wendy
[/b]
i made the Screenshots with Dosbox. With CRTL + F5 you create a pic with 320x200 pixel in Dosbox Folder capture. you can even record your play as a video. In this Case it is CRTL + F6.

I use Paint indead of Word.

Edit: *kicks Dosraider out of the Forum*

to see if there are any different in your/all Scorepoints-List.

Code:
What to do****************************Points********Coins********Merchandise

Level 0

take wood**************************** 0************ 0************ 0
take casket************************** 0************50************ 0
light torch with fire**************** 0************ 0************ 0
take steel bar************************5 ************0************ 1
take gold key ************************0 ******** 1000************ 0
take whip**************************** 0************ 0************ 2
take shovel************************** 0************ 0************ 1
take bucket************************** 0************ 0************ 0
take silver coins******************** 0************10************ 0
take red key ************************ 0************ 0************ 0
remove thorn ************************20************ 0************ 0
unlock lock with key**************** 20************ 0************ 0
push slab with lever**************** 30************ 0************ 0

possible Points?

*take fur********

End Level 0**************************75**********1060************ 4

Level 1

take key-ring************************ 0************ 0************ 2
open door with key********************0************ 0************ 0
take gold nugget**********************0**********4500************ 0
put nugget in casket******************5************ 0************ 0
remove mold************************** 5************ 0************ 0
read text**************************** 5************ 0************ 0
knock Prytwen out********************50************ 0************ 0
search Prytwen************************0************ 0************ 0
take bronze key********************** 0************ 0************ 1
take prytwen ************************10************ 0************ 0
close door************************** 10************ 0************ 0 ********?**
Prytwen wake up in Prison************30************ 0************ 0
open cabinet**************************0************ 0************ 0
look in Cabinet********************** 0************ 0************ 0
take hydromel************************ 0************ 0************ 2
open Chest with key****************** 0************ 0************ 0
take candlestick**********************0********** 100************ 0 
take chain ************************** 0********** 500************ 0
pull candelabrum******************** 40************ 0************ 0

End Level 1************************ 230**********6160************ 9
i dont know for sure if 10 points came from close the door after dropping Prytwen in Jail or something like that, because i dont always get it. so someone can test it out?

and Wendy dont try to make doublepost and such. the mods dont like it.

Edit 2:

Quote:
Originally posted by http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com/...W/armaethW.htm

To get to the secret garden, go up the centre of the “headland screen, kink left to avoid the two trees, go up and around behind them, and continue up slightly and then to the right between the smaller rocks and the big one at the edge. Work your way along the edge of the precipice (tricky!) going up, * along the north edge, down at the rock towards the slightly lower rock, along slightly, up to the precipice, then to the right along the edge * (the part between *’s is shaped like an old-fashioned crank to start a Model-T Ford car). Just past/behind the tree come down almost level with the same lower rock then go right – you will go off the screen at the top/right between rocks to the secret garden.
why so complicated when you can made yourself easy with the Walk-Button? with the Walk-Button you get automatically through the mini-maze.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 17-10-2007, 02:13 AM   #170
Sal
Game Wizzard

Wendy and Jasmin..... Yay Team!!I have started replaying the game ...just trying to get Prytwen again. Wendy did you know that you could get to the wood pile by climbing the big tree with the overhanging branch on the L side. It is quite easy, probably abit easier than the cliff. I am trying to get everything I can without using maps etc as I think (for me anyway) half the fun is in the exploration of the game...SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal