Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #151
WendyMann
Game freak

Sorry, forgot to log in before posting the above!! Must be too excited re the game!!!
Regards
Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 14-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #152
Jasmin

Hey Sal and Wendy,
Well I didn´t kill the bear, it died itself and the fur and the gold nugget are lying on the stairs (when you go down where Prytwen is. You can´t see both things, it is lying on the upper part of the stairs. Hope you know what I mean. Alright, hope I helped you. Well I don´t think that the emerald and crystall ball are working together. I don´t know what else I could try. Hm, I thought, maybe Armaeth was cursed to. I mean if the bucket is the crown and the shovel was lying beside the bucket maybe the shovel is the cursed king. I know this sounds weird and rediculous, but WHO KNOWS. Sorry my fantasy :-)
Have fun girls.
Jasmin
Jasmin is offline                         Send a private message to Jasmin
Old 14-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #153
WendyMann
Game freak

Great work, Jasmin, k: I will go look for the fur and nugget!!! I do not know how you found them if they are out of sight (do tell us how?), but well done indeed!!!
Boy, I wish I had your imagination (einbildung-skraft ?), you think of great ideas!!!
I still have not given up on the emerald and the crystal ball, but need a break, my brain is overloaded!!!
Best wishes and thanks for your help.
Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 14-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #154
Jasmin

well i found the nugget while i was walking in every screen and wrote: look at the nugget or something like that and when it wasn´t there i got the message: "there is nothing like that in here" And suddenly i got the message that it weights about 90 pounds and though I knew it must have been in this screen somewhere. Then I wrote just for fun: look at the king and the answer was there is no king here or something like that. Well maybe Armaeth is somewhere. Okay I will try again. Jasmin
Old 14-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #155
WendyMann
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasmin @ Oct 14 2007, 03:54 PM) [snapback]316051[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
well i found the nugget while i was walking in every screen and wrote: look at the nugget or something like that and when it wasn´t there i got the message: "there is nothing like that in here" And suddenly i got the message that it weights about 90 pounds and though I knew it must have been in this screen somewhere. Then I wrote just for fun: look at the king and the answer was there is no king here or something like that. Well maybe Armaeth is somewhere. Okay I will try again. Jasmin
[/b]
Well done, Jasmin!! Thanks for the info.
I still think the emerald has something to do with the missing points, and maybe to do with the crystal ball - otherwise why, when you click on the emerald with the eye-icon, does it say it is magical, it was created by the elves, and it has an eerie green glow (or something like that).
Also, presumably Prytwen dropped the fur and nugget which you found, Jasmin (he was missing from the jail cell too so I presume he had escaped) so I wonder if he has got something further to do with it - why would he have dropped these on the stairs - it is not logical ???

Anyway, we have done well through our efforts and co-operation together, plus earlier info on this forum.
After fetching the missing items (except for the key to the chest in the hut), we ended up with the following final scores at the end of "our" game (i.e. as reflected on my final score-screen):-
665/725 (short of 60 game points)
18370/18720 (short of 350 treasure points)
29 merchandise points (maximum unknown).

I will probably have some more tries, and hope we find the missing points. However, the game was a lot of fun, anyway!!!

Thanks for all your help, Sal and Jasmin. I will update your info into the walkthrough, when I have finished trying some more to find the missing points.
Regards, Wendy

Old 14-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #156
Jasmin

Well if you have a look in the jail you can see two skeletons now. One is from Prytwen, the info says. Just wanted to tell you that. I will go and have a look for the key, but I don´t think that this will be of any further need. Regards, Jasmin
Old 14-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #157
WendyMann
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasmin @ Oct 14 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]316077[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well if you have a look in the jail you can see two skeletons now. One is from Prytwen, the info says. Just wanted to tell you that. I will go and have a look for the key, but I don´t think that this will be of any further need. Regards, Jasmin
[/b]
Hi Jasmin,
Thanks a lot for the info, I appreciate it. I unfortunatey got busy, so I did not go any further yet. However, I will go look at the skeletons. Another mystery : if Prytwen got the bear fur, then why did he drop it and the nugget, then go back to the jail and die. (He certainly was out of the jail, and the door was open, when I looked a bit earlier!!). Hmmm!!! Interesting!!!
I doubt if the key to the chest in the hut will help, as you say, and it probably is only worth one or two merchandise points - according to my earlier notes, its fortune and merchandise points were 0, but maybe it was worth some game points. If you find it, you can see how many points, by checking all 3 scores before and after picking it up (use the icon on the same row as the restore and save icons : it looks like a sort-of big money-bag, as you probably know). Otherwise, if you already have got the key, drop the keys one by one in different places on the screen until you drop that one for the huts chest. Then check all 3 scores. Then pick up that key and check the scores again - the difference in any score that changes, will be due to the key. Anyway, let us know, if you do fetch the key, re what it's score is.
Regards
Wendy

Old 14-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #158
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

I tried to made a more clearer Map. This one from http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com/walkth...level_0_map.jpg

is not beatiful or easy to understand. :tai:

i wouldn't say my Map is perfect but better than this *Dingbum* there.

If you want i can also do Map for Level 1-3.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 15-10-2007, 02:36 AM   #159
Sal
Game Wizzard

k: Hi Wendy & Jasmin.... I have just come in from work and dropped by the forum to check in..Gosh you girls have really been busy!! Wendy I remember locking Prytwen in the jail cell so his skeleton is there now. The big nugget I left there because I did not know how to carry it. The other nugget I left near thestairs leading down from the slab. It disappeared . I did not know how to carry it. I finally managed to get three sarhuls in to the cage and then tried and tried to get the emerald and crystal ball to work but so far no go..Jasmin your ideas about endings seem very good and a lot better than the endings so far. I must admit Jasmin I did wonder about the shovel..why did we need to get it..what purpose did it serve..If we get a perfect score does that mean EVERYONE dwarves elves etc will appear...Hmmm......SAL

:blink: Wendy & Jasmin......Just a quick note I did open the chest in the woodcutters hut right at the beginning of the game but there was nothing in there. I am sure I kept ALL the keys because I had no trouble opening anything..I had to repeat myself a couple of times until the right key came up but whatever I needed to open...opened.The last dwarf (in the mine) I did not kill on the replayed saved games mainly because I just wanted to get back to the magic kiosk with the bucket. This is where some of the gold coins would be...I was thinking of going back up to the throne room with the emerald, ball and talisman or even to the big dolmen again.. Jasmin has made me think again.. are we really finished or is there more...SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 15-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #160
WendyMann
Game freak

[quote]

Hello Paco
Thanks for your map. It is very elegant with the screendumps, but of course it also has its disadvantages (e.g. same screen repeated 3 times, and several repeated twice, etc).

I believe there is room for both styles of map - some people will prefer yours with pictures, and some will prefer mine where one can see all the paths at one glance leading into/out of a particular screen - without repeating the screen in more than one place.

So yes, go ahead and make maps for levels 1 to 3, they are in any event much more geographically-logical, which also makes it easier. I have not submitted the map for level 3 yet because we are still trying to see if we have missed an area or something (and in any event level 3 is very simple so no-one is likely to get lost in the meantime).

P.S. Rudeness was not necessary("this *Dingbum* there")!!!

Regards
Wendy.