Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco
Default Tlon

Tlon

[APPROVED]

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 18-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
DiDaenskePyndt

Default Tlon

Hello all!

I'm looking for an adventure game from the late 90's, with what i remember as hand-painted graphics. It had a medieval/fantasy-ish style.
You started in an empty village, and could move through a forest, to a castle. The gameplay was very open for an adventure game (think sierra style, where you don't know which items you should/shouldn't have picked up earlier) mostly viewed from the side.
One event i remember is finding a water pouch, and filling it from a large wooden vat in the village.

I've tried to find this by posting on forums earlier without luck, but recently i've remembered that it was released on a certain budget label.
And finding the label might help me find the game.

The jewel case graphics, i think, was a background of brushed steel with a frame containing the original packaging graphics in the middle. In one of the lower corners, there was a brass-coloured round badge containing the label name, encirceled by a chrome line. I think that there were straight chrome lines somewhere on the graphics too. There might also have been a brass-coloured field somewhere on the top part.

If someone knows anything about this game, or anything that can help me find it, i'd be very thankful
DiDaenskePyndt is offline                         Send a private message to DiDaenskePyndt
Old 18-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Was fighting involved, or was it just inventory management? Did your character have stats?
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 20-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
DiDaenskePyndt

There was fighting involved, you could kill some slugs with a knife. Though i dont remember if it was only an event or if you could control it. And no stats that i can remember.
DiDaenskePyndt is offline                         Send a private message to DiDaenskePyndt
Old 24-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #5
gukan

Dragonsphere?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/dragonsphere
gukan is offline                         Send a private message to gukan
Old 25-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
DiDaenskePyndt

No, sorry. The game i'm thinking of looks to be 4-6 years younger than that one. Dragonsphere looks awesome too, though!
Old 25-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Fighting with knife in adventure game resembles of Volfsbane, but the village is surely not empty there.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 25-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Not many cartoonish adventures were released in 1998-2000. Maybe only European ones, which usually didn't get translated to English.
Old 27-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
DiDaenskePyndt

Oh, i see i might have been unclear. The game was not cartoonish, it was hand drawn in a realistic way in a fairly high resolution. I'll try to find something that looks similar.
Old 27-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Tlon?