Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #41

I love the africa and south america maps - not only because they add something new to tho original which i played endlessy, but also because it can be an advantage to have sparse population and little industry - it becomes more important to pick one of the few places with good potential to start!

Old 27-09-2007, 07:06 AM   #42
Chezza

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sven86 @ Jun 6 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]234699[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi, does anybody have the Player Aid Cards for both Railroad Tycoon and Railroad Tycoon Deluxe? I've been looking for them all over the internet.

thaks
[/b]
Did anyone find these cards. They are the ones referred to in the manual. They contain info on resource distribution for each continent as well as the resource conversion processes Coal > Steel > Mnfd. Goods etc.

Grateful for any help

Old 26-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #43
GirlConqueror

The most interesting challenge was trying to identify the train at the beginning... No, I'm just kidding. I loved the Africa map - I got a link going between Johannesburg and Mafikeng, and sometimes went as far south as Bloemfontein, laughing at the incorrect spelling all the way. Strange that there was no gold, or diamond deposit near Kimberley, but I soon got the hang of starting small and running just mail and passenger coaches, until I could get a copper line going. It even had my home town. I can't wait to get my computer fixed! Kudos to you, Abandonia, for being one of the best sites ever. :bleh:

Old 11-08-2008, 08:20 AM   #44
doridea

Default Ref cards in English

I am uploading the reference cards to this great game in English. These are the original cards. They are .jpegs (listed as QuickTime! [how olde canyou get, really!!]) but of course they can be accessed with any program and formatted to your particular tastes. I like .png myself.
Its been quite awhile since I logged on here and I was pleasantly surprised by your new appearance and the trove of "new" games. It's great. Keep up the fabulous work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ref Cards.zip (790.7 KB, 498 views)
doridea is offline                         Send a private message to doridea
Old 11-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #45
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

thank you for the cards!
somebody move the post to railroad tycoon topic please
Old 11-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #46
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

the first Reference Card url doesnt work. please fix it.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 25-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #47
pettybureaucrat

Unhappy Odd problems with RRT

I loved this game when it first came out and I was happy to find it here, but there are a couple of annoying problems I'm having with it.

1. It is so abominably slow. Is there a way to increase the speed in Dosbox?

2 When I do full screen in Dosbox, the page skews/shifts about a half inch to the left, cutting off some info. It's not a big problem on RRT but I'd like to know if there's a fix.

I was delighted to find this site. So many games I remember playing and enjoying.
pettybureaucrat is offline                         Send a private message to pettybureaucrat
Old 25-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #48
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

1- Nominal speed on DOSBox depend of your computer speed. If you have a multi-threaded core then DOSBox only use one of your cores. The best you can do to increase the speed is to play with the cycles a little and maybe with the other graphical options too.

2- That is most probably because either your screen can't take that resolution or because you simply need to adjust that particular resolution in your screen options. For a reason beyond myself, some screen have separate option setting for each resolution and sometimes the default setting is way off. If this is the case then moving the screen back in shape should not interfere with other kind of resolution.
Old 25-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #49
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
2 When I do full screen in Dosbox, the page skews/shifts about a half inch to the left, cutting off some info. It's not a big problem on RRT but I'd like to know if there's a fix.
In DOSBox.conf
fullresolution=set this to your desktop resolution
output=ddraw

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 25-01-2009 at 07:57 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #50
Elena
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettybureaucrat View Post
Try to press Autoconfig button on your monitor. I had the same problem while running dosbox for the first time.

PS. Where is my avatar? 0_o

PSS. Luchsen, thanks

Last edited by Elena; 26-01-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Elena is offline                         Send a private message to Elena