Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #181
Nirklars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
*IF*(?) you're running the game in dosbox you always can remap all the keys with the keymapper, it's all explained in the dosbox readme.
Oh thanks. I completely must have missed that function. Ill have to do some research first though to know which button does what.
Nirklars is offline                         Send a private message to Nirklars
Old 24-09-2008, 02:51 AM   #182
MagnusX
Forum hobbit

Awesome game, grew up playing it. Couldn't get enough of the different styles to kill guys. Loved the spider bomb!
MagnusX is offline                         Send a private message to MagnusX
Old 24-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #183
MagnusX
Forum hobbit

Hey I was wondering why there's no music in the game. Was that data removed intentionally?

I changed some sound blaster settings and I heard music playing when it tested.
MagnusX is offline                         Send a private message to MagnusX
Old 24-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #184
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

AFAIK, both movies and music have been removed from this version of the game.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #185
Darkside1Exisle
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusX View Post
Awesome game, grew up playing it. Couldn't get enough of the different styles to kill guys. Loved the spider bomb!
I still have my original CDs of both No Remorse and No Regret and they run fine with DOS Box. In fact, I have DOS Box set to auto mount my drives for me upon startup and I found a slightly higher version of a DOS menuing system that I used to use big time back in my days called "Hard Disk Menu" version 4.5 from Microfox (I used to have version 4.3 but the functionality is pretty much the same as I remember) :cool: so I used that to auto-launch my games and they run fine.

In No Regret:

There's a real cool mother gem of a secret armoury room on the mission where you have to destroy an ore separator.

When you get to the ore separator, jump past the double-conveyor to the other side of the top section and follow it around until you get to a white first aid station. Continue past that (2 wall panels over) and you'll open a secret door to a teleporter. Enter the teleporter to get to the secret armoury. The armoury is in the shape of an E on it's side and the middle section will have a whole mother load of weapons and ammo and power ups. If you continue to the other side of the secret area, you'll come up to (and the computer will take over) a secret door leading to an alcove with a round firepit with a pentagram. The devil appears out of the flames and taunts you to the voice of Chairman Draigon saying "I've been waiting a long time for this! Prepare to die, Silencer!!", then just above left of the room, a photo appears of (in my opinion) one of the voice actors or one of the programmers pointing back at you, saying "You won't succeed!", The Silencer fires off a couple of rounds back at the devil sending him back to hell. When done, just walk back to the teleporter to exit the armoury.

:cool:

Enjoy....
Darkside1Exisle is offline                         Send a private message to Darkside1Exisle
Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #186
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

and the next Extra-Bug...

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 24-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #187
RocknRolla1-2
Forum hobbit

I used to love this game, but my cd's are long gone
RocknRolla1-2 is offline                         Send a private message to RocknRolla1-2
Old 02-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #188
kristustf

I have the original CD of No Remorse, but not of No Regret. And I was wondering if anyone got an ISO I could download. I really have no interest in playing a slaughtered version. (Optionally I'll have to get it off of Ebay)
kristustf is offline                         Send a private message to kristustf
Old 02-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #189
kristustf

Looks like Crusader isn't Abandonware after all.

You can buy it as download here:
*MEEEP*

Same goes for the prequel.

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 03-08-2009 at 03:54 PM.
kristustf is offline                         Send a private message to kristustf
Old 02-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #190
Iselwin
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristustf View Post
Looks like Crusader isn't Abandonware after all.

You can buy it as download here:
*MEEEP*

Same goes for the prequel.
Patch for game is sold, not the game itself. Quote the FAQ:

"2) Once the patch has been downloaded, you have 2 options, you can install the game from the cd, or, if you have misplaced the original or your copy has become corrupt, included with the patch is a link to a site where you can download the original game for free."

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 03-08-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Iselwin is offline                         Send a private message to Iselwin