PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Hanoi

Morrin
08-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Heya. I know this isn't one specific game (like tetris; lot of variations and versions) but Im missing the name (if there is any). The concept follows:

You have a pyramid that is divided to pieces (sliced horizontally)
The pieces are in wrong order (like the widest piece is on top)
You have to arrange the pieces so that they form a pyramid

The trick is that you can move the top piece only, either to left side or right side. After that, you may move the next piece to left or right, or move the piece you just moved back. So practically, you have three piles that you can use and in the end, there must be one pile (in the center) that forms the pyramid.

Additional question: if anyone knows this game, can someone suggest me a good version?

Thanks!

Luchsen
08-12-2006, 07:15 PM
It's called Towers of Hanoi.

Lulu_Jane
09-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I remember that there was a version of the Towers Of Hanoi game included within one of the Dr. Brain games from Sierra. Whether it was "The Island Of," or "The Castle Of," I can't remember...

Luchsen
09-12-2006, 09:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Dec 9 2006, 07:50 PM) 271086</div>
Whether it was "The Island Of," or "The Castle Of," I can't remember...
[/b]

The Island of Dr. Brain.

Lulu_Jane
11-12-2006, 06:11 AM
There's a free flash based version of the Towers of Hanoi here, (http://www.mazeworks.com/hanoi/) so you don't have to go and buy a copy of The Island Of Doctor Brain *cough* *cough* ESA *cough*

Enjoy :D

The Fifth Horseman
13-12-2006, 01:44 PM
A version of Towers of Hanoi was one of the last puzzles in Legend of Kyrandia 2.