Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2005, 10:10 AM   #1
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Hi there,

I downloaded the 3DMark benchmark test yesterday. But I donīt really know what to do with the score I got in the end of the test. Donīt know if itīs good or not.
Furthermore Iīm quite confused about the cpu score. In the system requirements is said that a score around 2500 is the minimum.That is something like a 1ghz cpu.
My cpu reaches much less. But itīs a 1,6ghz celero :blink:

Has anyone experiences with this testing prog?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 11-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
Caged
Game Wizzard

i just downloaded that prog yesterday and have had no time to fool with it, sorry. But post the results anyway, they must be interesting to look at.

At any case, you could always search google for your answers
Caged is offline                         Send a private message to Caged
Old 11-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Well, there's probably an online database where you can compare your score to others. That's at least how aquamark handles it.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 13-03-2005, 02:23 PM   #4
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

So you just can compare your system with others by this number? :blink:
Quite useless. Just wanted to know what my graphic card is able to do. "Is it good is it bad?" questions like this ave driven me to download a program like this. But as Iīm not really well informed about technical details of graphiccards the answers of 3Dmark donīt fit to those questions. You know what I mean?

I also searched the web for my card. But I only found opinions that didnīt base on own experiences with this card as it is quite new.

But it isnīt that important, Iīll keep searching the web
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 13-03-2005, 02:53 PM   #5
Chris
Abandonia Homie

tests like 3Dmark, aquamark etc. run several grafic demos which test your systems capabilities of drawing various types of shades, pixels... each test is addicted to one specific feature of your grafics card. what the program does is just generating an index by a comparison of frames per second over the whole runtime of the demos. this index is thereby mainly influenced by your grafics card, but also your cpu, the amount of memory you've installed...

Quote:
My cpu reaches much less. But itīs a 1,6ghz celero
the reason for this might be that celeron processors miss the second level cache, which makes them slower compared to a "full" pentium with the same clockrate.

Quote:
So you just can compare your system with others by this number?
mainly yes. what might be more interesting to you is watching the FPS-rate at certain parts of the demos. it can be faded in by some option. then you'll be able to see how good your system can handle specific grafical details (such as explosions). the index is interesting for tuning freaks who like to compare their systems to other.

after all the demos are nice to watch, if you have a system that is able to display them fluently.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 13-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #6
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by DonCorleone@Mar 13 2005, 04:23 PM
So you just can compare your system with others by this number? :blink:
Quite useless.
Yep. It's like comparing your dick sizes with your mates at school, it's poitless, but you still feel good when you have the biggest one.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 14-03-2005, 10:09 PM   #7
Morbid_Pathologist
Forum hobbit

yeah, im running a 3ghz laptop, and im getting around 8000 for the score (1024x768x32), its not the best score, theres some computers that score about 20,000+

but unless you play alot of new games you shouldnt be too concerned with the results.
Morbid_Pathologist is offline                         Send a private message to Morbid_Pathologist
Old 14-03-2005, 11:49 PM   #8
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

8000? Whoa my laptop makes just the half I think ( around 3800). But what did I expect with an 1,6ghz celeron hm
I donīt know if every new game runs. After all I sorted some out yet that work fine on my system. But playing too long on my vaio does harm to my eyes... :eeeeeh: so it isnīt that important. I was just wondering...
Thanks so far... k: