Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Icewind Dale 2, BG yoga and the Company

Hi, all nice gamers,

I will continue to play saga IWD 1 & 2 with kind help of some Masters, Mages, Wizards and so on.

Every AB member, who is interesting of this game is welcome here.

Thank You.

yoga the brave
Old 28-09-2011, 05:23 AM   #2
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

I just successfully started the game.

It is version 2.01 (101615).

The first task is to select party.
Bored last time of 2 days selection now I decide to use ready party as Winter rose.
Why this?
--Because I like the name.. What an argument!! Ha ha ha

Enclosed one may see the characteristics of above party.
Your opinion is highly welcomed.
If my choice is good I immediately will start the new game.
TY.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Select party.jpg (59.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 28-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

ROTFLOL.. Lawful Good Tiefling.. but interesting party, never really checked the built in ones. Though no dedicated healer, the druid might work. Just keep in mind that both the Tiefling and the Aasimar are ECL + 1 races, meaning they will advance slower then the others.
Old 28-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
ROTFLOL.. Lawful Good Tiefling.. but interesting party, never really checked the built in ones. Though no dedicated healer, the druid might work. Just keep in mind that both the Tiefling and the Aasimar are ECL + 1 races, meaning they will advance slower then the others.

Thanks a lot, dear Hunvagy.

You are so kind to support me.
BTW, do You see my shame with IWD1?
5-6 days long the brave is beaten from Brother Poquelin!!

Shame, shame for me!

Never mind I will play 3 games at ones:
1. Shadow Caster
2. IWD 1
3. IWD 2

Once again my deepest thanks.
I will start with that band.
Only I dunno who may Detect traps by my commandos?!

same yog who is unable to beat Poquelin..
Hmmm.. I do not give up..
Old 28-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Make sure you have the patched game (version 2.01), else you'll encounter some unpleasant things like enemies getting a free attack when your monk attacks them with fists.

Since you're playing a party pregenerated by the developers it definitely should be (and is) possible to beat the game with it.

For deciding who has to handle the traps I'd just look at the character names.
With the search skill you find them, with the disable device skill you disarm them.

Keep in mind that in IWD2 you have a lot of freedom to develop (and mess up) your characters as they level up. I'll give you some advice for this.

The weak point about the party is that you don't have a priest to cast the powerful cleric spells, but this can be changed.
At the next level up I'd switch the party leader (the Watcher) to priest and take only priest levels afterwards to get access to cleric spells. Even 1 paladin level is enough to get proficient with almost all weapons, the charisma based saving throw bonus and the paladin dialogue options.
Raise only WIS at level up for spellcasting, if you decide to stay a pure paladin or multiclass with fighter instead raise only STR.

You don't need a pure rogue to handle the thieving skills, so you can multiclass your gnome with illusionist (favored class for gnomes) at the next level ups for more casting power (with low strength backstabbing won't be very effective anyway). Rogue1/illusionist x is sufficient to handle the thieving skills until the end of the game, you can add maybe a 2nd and 3rd rogue level later in the game if you want, but caster levels yield more power.
When levelling up as illusionist pump up the spellcraft skill for successful scroll scribing and put the rest into search, disable device and open locks. Raise only int at level up for spellcasting.

Keep your druid pure class to get the powerful high level spells fast. At level up I'd raise DEX to 13 for being able to take the very powerful rapid shot feat. Afterwards I'd pump up WIS for better spellcasting. If you raise spellcraft to 10 you can take the "scion of storms" feat at level 9 to improve the damage dealt with call lightning and static charge by 20 percent. If you want to take a spell focus consider that most druid spells are transmutation spells.

Keep your monk pure class. Multiclassing destroys their unarmed attack skill. I'd raise WIS at level up, but STR, DEX and CON are also useful.
Take the "rapid shot" feat for a free extra ranged attack per round.

Keep your bard pure class and don't underestimate the power of bard songs. I'd raise only CHA at level up for better spellcasting and diplomacy, you can also raise CON instead for more hitpoints.

Keep your mage pure and raise only INT at level up. Spellcraft is checked for successful scroll scribing.

About feats (you get one every 3 levels):
"Improved initiative" doesn't work, so don't take it.
The extra +1 AC for "dodge" is useful for everyone who can take it.
If you want your party to move faster give "dash" to everyone (except the monk who gets extra speed anyway), later in the game "improved critical" is quite powerful.

Last edited by kmonster; 28-09-2011 at 12:03 PM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 28-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
Make sure you have the patched game (version 2.01), else you'll encounter some unpleasant things like enemies getting a free attack when your monk attacks them with fists.

Since you're playing a party pregenerated by the developers it definitely should be (and is) possible to beat the game with it.

For deciding who has to handle the traps I'd just look at the character names.
With the search skill you find them, with the disable device skill you disarm them.

Keep in mind that in IWD2 you have a lot of freedom to develop (and mess up) your characters as they level up. I'll give you some advice for this.

The weak point about the party is that you don't have a priest to cast the powerful cleric spells, but this can be changed.
At the next level up I'd switch the party leader (the Watcher) to priest and take only priest levels afterwards to get access to cleric spells. Even 1 paladin level is enough to get proficient with almost all weapons, the charisma based saving throw bonus and the paladin dialogue options.
Raise only WIS at level up for spellcasting, if you decide to stay a pure paladin or multiclass with fighter instead raise only STR.

You don't need a pure rogue to handle the thieving skills, so you can multiclass your gnome with illusionist (favored class for gnomes) at the next level ups for more casting power (with low strength backstabbing won't be very effective anyway). Rogue1/illusionist x is sufficient to handle the thieving skills until the end of the game, you can add maybe a 2nd and 3rd rogue level later in the game if you want, but caster levels yield more power.
When levelling up as illusionist pump up the spellcraft skill for successful scroll scribing and put the rest into search, disable device and open locks. Raise only int at level up for spellcasting.

Keep your druid pure class to get the powerful high level spells fast. At level up I'd raise DEX to 13 for being able to take the very powerful rapid shot feat. Afterwards I'd pump up WIS for better spellcasting. If you raise spellcraft to 10 you can take the "scion of storms" feat at level 9 to improve the damage dealt with call lightning and static charge by 20 percent. If you want to take a spell focus consider that most druid spells are transmutation spells.

Keep your monk pure class. Multiclassing destroys their unarmed attack skill. I'd raise WIS at level up, but STR, DEX and CON are also useful.
Take the "rapid shot" feat for a free extra ranged attack per round.

Keep your bard pure class and don't underestimate the power of bard songs. I'd raise only CHA at level up for better spellcasting and diplomacy, you can also raise CON instead for more hitpoints.

Keep your mage pure and raise only INT at level up. Spellcraft is checked for successful scroll scribing.

About feats (you get one every 3 levels):
"Improved initiative" doesn't work, so don't take it.
The extra +1 AC for "dodge" is useful for everyone who can take it.
If you want your party to move faster give "dash" to everyone (except the monk who gets extra speed anyway), later in the game "improved critical" is quite powerful.

Hey, what is this?
You again know all about this game, Kmonster!?

Mama mia, I expected that You will politely ask - What to do, the brave, with ...?
No, nein, Sie again start to tell me what to do..

Ha ha ha

Really, who are You, Herrn Kmonster?

Walking Encyclopedia of games or what? Maybe alien as Brother Poquelin?
Me?
Very, very ordinary BG man who now discover the nice RPG, a little stupid I suppose.

Because You and Caro Capo want one to play the game with any configuration of commandos and without WT, I will start with this gang.

Sure, the game was installed with the patch You mentioned.
I do play IWD 2 at my OS Win 7 Ultimate.
IWD is played at XP Pro. I hate Vista.

OFF
Can You imagine there was a lady visitor from UK and her laptop with Vista was unable to play my video *.mp4 files! Ummoglich? Ja, ja.
I recommended this lady to install VLC media player to solve the problem.

No, no the brave does not give up with Bro Poquelin.
Just evaluate its weak points.
You know I started Xeen 7 times and Ultima Pagan 8 - 6 times.

Q:
Note: This Q is for Kmonster only, plz.
-What is the name of the game, if any, which You do not pass?
Old 28-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
Capo
Unconventional member

You should first finish IW1 yoga
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 28-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
I just successfully started the game.

It is version 2.01 (101615).

The first task is to select party.
Bored last time of 2 days selection now I decide to use ready party as Winter rose.
Why this?
--Because I like the name.. What an argument!! Ha ha ha

Enclosed one may see the characteristics of above party.
Your opinion is highly welcomed.
If my choice is good I immediately will start the new game.
TY.
1) Finish IWD1 first.

2) A little too much on the spellcasting side in that party if you ask me. Brute force of fighters (eg. that paladin is completly worthless with that low DEX) are much more working for starters.
Old 29-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
1) Finish IWD1 first.

2) A little too much on the spellcasting side in that party if you ask me. Brute force of fighters (eg. that paladin is completly worthless with that low DEX) are much more working for starters.
Why would a paladin need higher DEX, they usually wear heavy armor anyway... Cat's Grace is a second level spells anyway

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 30-09-2011, 06:03 AM   #10
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomekk View Post
Why would a paladin need higher DEX, they usually wear heavy armor anyway... Cat's Grace is a second level spells anyway

OK, Capo Capo,
I have to finish with IWD1.
Just to kill these nasty goblins in the Docks in IWD2.

Tomekk, what is this Alice in my footer, pls?
No Google.
Little hint? OK.

L.C.

PS: The worst spell with which hit me Poquelin is some fire column from the sky. Maybe I have to use anti fire spells or alike.
And he very fast kill the four warriors I sent.
Rats!!

Y'now, friends, the life is as sinusoid --
Good times, then bad times.
The brave is now in minus zone of sinusoid.. But...

yoga never give up.