Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-05-2009, 02:35 AM   #1
kernkern

Default Stuck keys

I've tried playing Albion and Blood Bowl, but the 'a' key acts like it is perma-presesd. I am using VDMS as the only external program to run the two games. Any ideas?
kernkern is offline                         Send a private message to kernkern
Old 12-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Judging by your name, you probably have a non standard keyboard (non-english, most probably using some wierd characters). There is probably an issue with the old DOS games not recognizing all of it, and for some reason the key not recognized end up as a continuous a on your screen.

If this is really your problem, there is nothing you could do that I am aware of, short of changing your keyboard. Try using DOSBox instead of VDMSound, it should have more compatibility options running in the background.
Old 13-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
kernkern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Judging by your name, you probably have a non standard keyboard (non-english, most probably using some wierd characters). There is probably an issue with the old DOS games not recognizing all of it, and for some reason the key not recognized end up as a continuous a on your screen.

If this is really your problem, there is nothing you could do that I am aware of, short of changing your keyboard. Try using DOSBox instead of VDMSound, it should have more compatibility options running in the background.
Standard english keyboard on a Lenovo T60. It seems to have taken care of itself. Not sure what the issue was, chalk it up to some random thing
kernkern is offline                         Send a private message to kernkern