Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
Russien

Well first of all thanks tot he crew for such a great site. I have been looking in this forum to see if I found a topic of someone that ahd the same problem as me but I didnt so I guess I should post. If I do somehting wrong please forgive me.

Well the problem I had with UFO has happened to me in 2 different computers. The thing is, its quite a weird problem. Everything goes well and I manage to do the first land mission well but as soon as I purchase an auto cannon (the one that looks like a chaingun) and equip it in the skyranger trouble starts. I mean i can get to the site all right and I see all the crew in the ship but as soon as I move someone the screen goes out.

Pease help!ª

Old 19-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

1. Which version of UFO is that? DOS or Windows one?
2. Did you try a different copy?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #3

Well thanks for responding in such a short time. I was using the windows version wich I downloaded from this site. I tried using the DOS version but couldnt get to run the game. Basically I didnt know how.

Anyway now im trying to download it from other sites. I have downloaded it from a spanish site (im spanish) but got the same results only that this time without sound. By the way when i try to configure the sound card it asks me a lot of stuff. where do i look what sound card i have and what ports and all that stuff?.

I have quite and old laptop but hell. Not that old. I mean this game is from 1993 right? It ought to work fine in this computer....

Old 19-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

what is your os? 98? in most of cases the cursor is defaultly on some value when it asks you for the stuff, so try choosing that one. and for the soundcard try picking sound blaster
Old 19-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #5

Well thanks for your help. No I was using windows XP but it seems the problem was with the copy. After downloading it from 6 different sites the last version didnt encounter that problem. I am so happy .... gonna have hours of fun with this game. Thanks again

Old 25-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Avalon

well i dont know about this problem, but maybe you should try the dos version. and use dos box
Avalon is offline                         Send a private message to Avalon
Old 25-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

Who buys auto cannon?