Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 04-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
Vicarious

I've been playing it since last night and I still can't figure out all the controls I looked around for some and couldn't find any. Does anyone have a list of the controls that could help me out.
Vicarious is offline                         Send a private message to Vicarious
Old 23-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #3

The producer on this game is wrong, it was actually produced by Sensible Software, just like the later Sensible Soccer titles.

Old 23-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 23 2007, 02:43 AM) [snapback]276061[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The producer on this game is wrong, it was actually produced by Sensible Software, just like the later Sensible Soccer titles.
[/b]
All information related with this games say that it was make by Microprose, even the game it self refers to microprose, why do you say that i isn´t, where you have see that information to be checked?
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 24-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 23 2007, 01:43 AM) [snapback]276061[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The producer on this game is wrong, it was actually produced by Sensible Software, just like the later Sensible Soccer titles.[/b]
I owned this game on the C64... And the name was most definitly Microprose Soccer... <_<
I even had the game-box, so I might know...
Old 27-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
Dudley
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bruno G @ Jan 23 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]276189[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 23 2007, 02:43 AM) [snapback]276061[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
All information related with this games say that it was make by Microprose, even the game it self refers to microprose, why do you say that i isn´t, where you have see that information to be checked?
[/b][/quote]

The game is CALLED Microprose Soccer yes.

But it was written by Sensible Software.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/microprose-pro-soccer

For one source.

If I really must I'll scan the interview with Sensible head Jon Hare from this months "Retro Gamer" magazine where he talks about writing it if that would help.
Dudley is offline                         Send a private message to Dudley
Old 15-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
megahorax

This game is the best of the ¨80 sports games.
megahorax is offline                         Send a private message to megahorax
Old 18-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
Dark-Star

I've played the PC- and C64-versions of this, and I must say that the C64 version is waaaaaaay better. If you like the PC version, grab a C64 emulator (CCS64, Vice) and try the C64 version.

--Darkstar
Dark-Star is offline                         Send a private message to Dark-Star
Old 18-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
Fortinbras

This was one of the first computer games I played.
I had this, Chessmaster 2000 (good!), Rolling Thunder (bad) and Ferrari Formula One (terrible), for my Amiga 500 lol.

It's also the only computer game that had me literally crying (because I lost to France 1-2) - I was 9 years old In the world cup you could choose to play a team at any moment, so me and a friend did this when the final came up (of course we couldn't choose which teams did make it there), anyway this frustrated my brother out of his mind.

I'm using the keyboard and as for the controls I first used the arrow keys, but is hard to run diagonally, so I switched to the numpad, and use the spacebar for shots, tackles, and passes. Are there more controls?

Gotta love that banana power option!
Fortinbras is offline                         Send a private message to Fortinbras