Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-10-2006, 01:51 AM   #1
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

I am currently playing Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager (DS2). Previously I finished playing Dark Sun: Shattered Lands (DS1), and so for DS2 gameplay I am using imported characters from DS1. At the moment, I am stuck with the Sinking Stones Maze in Volcano Core area in DS2. The navigation in this maze is timed. The game always times out too fast for me, so I am unable to finish navigating the maze.

I have tried playing the game in both DOSBox and VDMSound. I have tried a few ways to slow down the timer, from reducing cycles down to 1000 (from my regular 8000 cycles) in DOSBox (already tried in DOSBox 0.63 and DOSBox 0.65), lowering the CPU Usage in VDMSound setting, to using the Turbo slow-down utility (even down to 25% CPU). Alas, all is to no avail, the timer in the game is still too fast for me. In fact on the other hand all these slowing down effort really hurts my gameplay, such as the game becoming too slow for mouse response, too slow for keyboard as well.

Some background information, I am playing in a relatively old laptop, Acer Aspire, Pentium IV, 1.7GHz, 256MB RAM, 16MB Video, with WinXP Home Edition, using DOSBox or VDMSound as I have mentioned above.

Setting the game difficulty to easy, as advised by the DS2 Cluebook Manual, does not seem to have any effect whatsoever, the timer is still as fast.

So, any suggestion on how to slow down the timer some more without compromising the gameplay?

Or perhaps, any suggestion on how to bypass this frustrating section?

Is there any cheat or trainer utility or save file editor or whatever that enables me to pass this part?

Worse comes to worst, is there a save file available after this point for me to continue, or perhaps can someone help doing this maze part for me if I post my save file?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to responses.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 07-10-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Never mind, problem already solved by Kitarak, a certain developer/moderator from a certain Dark Sun forum. I sent him my save file and he did the maze part for me.

This thread can be closed/locked now. Or perhaps keep it open to discuss about Dark Sun games in general, if anybody is interested.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi