Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Every true gamer has one, through the relatively short history of video games there have been ten that have moulded it and shaped it to perfection, only to leave it's players with mouths agape in awe and astonishment. These are the best of the best.

I'll post my list, but i'd also like you to. Please post a description of why you believe that game deserves to be on the list and in that order. Any game system ever made is eligible.

Edit: You are also encouraged to name Honorable Mentions, and explain why you like them, your favorite games shouldn't just be limited to ten, right?

------------

10. Burnout: Revenge Playstation 2
The fastest, sleekest, most destructive racing game ever created. A must for anyone who loves major car crashes.
-
9. Goldeneye 007 N64
The one that started it all, a phenomenal single player game, complete with detail and enough objectives and challenge to keep even the most hardcore First Person Shooter fans at the edge of their seat.
-
8. Driver Playstation
Without a doubt one of the most satisfying racing games ever created. A white-knuckle challenge kept you trying for hours and hours to deliver that hitman to the theater.
-
7. Star Fox 64 N64
Simply astonishing, the world's greatest flight-based game, in my opinion. Playing as Fox McCloud, you navigate your way through a mult-path galaxy to ultimately end up at your goal: the almighty Andross.
-
6. Spyro The Dragon Playstation
An absolutely addictive platformer, almost everything about this game is programmed with care, delivering some of the greatest times of your life.
-
5. Perfect Dark N64
"Perfect" just about describes this one-of-a-kind FPS, playing as Joana Dark, you creep your way through the campaign mode only to arrive at *gasp* the greatest multiplayer mode in any game, ever concieved. I don't care about Halo, Masterchief owes all his fragging prowess to Joana Dark.
-
4. Quake PC
The one. The greatest FPS ever made...that's it, it just is. Everything about this game is perfect, fantastic level design, horrifying monsters, gruesome weaponry, terrifying atmosphere, this game is Id's finest work.
-
3. Metal Gear Solid Playstation
Oh, where to begin? Let's start with "Oh my god!"...this game has the best-concieved storyline portrayal and composure of anything on the market, it even beats out most movies! Essentially addiction in a case, I played this one for fourteen hours straight and never once got tired of it.
-
2. Conker's Bad Fur Day N64
Ah, Conker...so much bad language, so much inuendo, and yet everything about you is perfect...actually the only thing even slightly wrong is the camera, but it can be overlooked. This game still has some of the best voice-acting ever done, second only to Hideo Kojima's masterpiece. Conker's BFD also has a great plot, and above all, it is absolutely hilarious! The player actually prays for another cutscene, just to hear more of the gut-busting dialogue. A masterpiece, only beaten out by...
-
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64
That's right, Zelda. This game is perfect. Don't even argue with me, I won't give up: THIS GAME IS PERFECT. Everything about it is magnificent, the graphics (for the time), the gameplay (best i've ever seen), and the level design (again, best i've ever seen). There isn't one thing wrong with this game anywhere.

Shigeru is the master when it comes to game-making, ALL HAIL THE HYRULIAN KING!

-----------