Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
DoomYoshi
Abandonia nerd

Default Dear Fifth

Please feel free to delete this thread after reading it. I contemplated sending a PM but after some thought, realized there was no reason this should not be a public letter.

I really appreciate the new ban/unban forum. I enjoy being a member of this forum and like to see what other people are doing to get banned so I can avoid such a fate. However, the rules are pretty clear I find and I have read them several times. So my main reason for wanting to know is pure gossiping/ nosiness/ <s>informing the CIA</s>.

Unfortunately, with no access granted to post there (at least not for this lowly member) several questions will go unanswered or addressed in places they do not belong. For instance... what caused Kon-Tiki's initial banning? I realized he was banned for the sockpuppet accounts but what caused the first chatbox ban?

I realize you are probably pretty busy. It is unfair for you to have to create a thread for every nincompoop who decides to get banned. So I would like to point out also that instead of providing the full quote from the forum rules, perhaps just the particulars would be better. For instance:
Quote:
Original account: Kon-Tiki.
Sockpuppets: Poopoosaurus, Poopoodino, Kintoko, Vasilisk

Reason: Multiple accounts. As per forum rules,

This is his only warning.
He's free to return to using his original account (Kon-Tiki), but creation of any further sockpuppets will result in banning of it as well.
Maybe it doesn't take a lot of time or the professionalism of it gives you your jollies. In any case, we can look at the rules ourselves. If we are too busy then we will just have to trust you.

-Yoshi