Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-04-2005, 01:00 AM   #1
Flop
Hero Gamer

During the past couple of weeks we've had threads about movies, comedy series and even comic books (sorry, graphic novels ), so I thought it was time for a discussion about books. This has probably been discussed before, but I didn't find any old threads on the subject, so I thought I'd start a new one. I hope that's alright.

Well, I just finished Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown (the prequel to The Da Vinci Code, which I read a couple of months ago). It's alright, definitely entertaining, but a little farfetched.

I'm now in the process of trying to read The Illuminatus Trilogy for the third time. It's a pretty entertaining book, but the other times I tried reading it, I lost interest about halfway through, and so I never finished it.

The book I'm really looking forward to reading, and have for some time, is A Feast For Crows, which will hopefully be out sometime during the summer. It's the fourth book in a series of seven, called A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R. R. Martin. I definitely recommend the other books to anybody with an interest in fantasy. When I picked up the first book, last summer, I hadn't really been reading books for about a year, but these books really resparked my interest in reading. I finished the first three in about two weeks, which is probably the fastest I've ever read anything (they're over 3000 pages, combined). I simply couldn't put them down. If any of you guys ever read any DragonLance or Forgotten Realms books, and wondered why modern fantasy books are so crappy, you should definitely look at these. Highly recommended.

But anyway, what good books have you read lately? What genre of books do you prefer? What great classics would you recommend? Just put anything book related in here, and let's have a good discussion.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop