Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-09-2005, 05:39 PM   #71
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Not everything you get is useful!
Also remember this - if they tell you you have nothing to trade - that means they won't trade with you (may be because they have nothing to trade).
I remember the first time I finished the game - I was so frustrated at this point, that I started randomly flying around and came to a place in space with a strange Korok ship - it was MR1's ship and I destroyed him. End of story (I never found out about the Less Ten though...).
There are multiple endings, but the game get harder and harder by the end, so you wouldn't simple repeat - the attack, trade, find out stuff, go on errands and attack some more - routine.

Good luck!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 14-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #72
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Sorry for the double post.

Well - after so many years I've decided to replay the game and look for the other solution!!!
I finished it - and was quite dissapointed!!! :not_ok:

After a lot of bother I disabled the gate at the LOSTEN world - and was extremely dissapointed! All I that I could do afterwards was to send a Arch-Bot down and collect the Fail Safe device. This device destroyed the MCR and the game was over without reveiling any more story or anything... It was even the same ending as if I'd destroy the MCR with the missles - which isn't all that hard and I've done years ago, when I first played the game...

Anyway - I'll add a hint file to the EXTRAS - so if you wanna find out how to do it - you'll be able to download them!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 24-09-2005, 07:41 AM   #73
The Cabbage

Yeah, it really sucks about the ending thing. I was very disappointed too. But hey, it's the story you uncover on the way there that makes it worthwhile.

Hint with the Bellicosians: you can gain their respect by acquiring the Spikes of the Last One. I believe M'uret has it. It'll allow you a chance to chat with at least some of them without them blasting at you (most notably their leader - forgot his name/title). Don't think you can really get much out of it, except maybe some info on their backstory, but there's always the possibility that there's more you can do with them.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #74
Ave

What I don't understand is that the box tells of being able to talk to "over 11 races." However, here is what I have seen for the races (numbered for emphasis):

1. Arden
2. Musin
3. Chanticleer
4. Ursur
5. Pahrump
6. Phelonese
7. Korok
8. Bellicosian
9. Altec Hocker
10. Shaasa
11. Kenelm

Is there one more race, or something, like the Losten? I find it rather dificult to believe that "over 11" means exactly 11.

However, I would like to know some of the backstory on the game, though that would have to be obtained from the developers in some way. For instance, why is Earth the only planet in the Sol system that one can visit? I would like to visit some of the other planets for resources and the like, but they were left out of the game. Also, what is the story behind the OESI? If the governments of Earth have banded together for this service, then how far into the future does this game really take place? I know the log says 4161 or something, but the technologies from Earth seem quite modern for such a futuristic timeframe. Finally, what are this game's exact ties to Disney? After all, the ship is the same design as that hanging in the Space Mountain ride--and the log even says "Space Mountain Log." Was this a game based off the ride, or were the designers sneaky little devils that did not care about copyright?

By the way, EX-4 is the Korok that needs the Re-Random Generator (fixed by Bob-clo-cli-mar).

They should make an updated version of Nomad with better graphics and able to play more easily on modern computers. Possibly there could be a sort of Nomad 2: Return of the Losten, or something, or at least a game that reveals a threat from outside the Milky Way.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:51 AM   #75
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

From the impresion I got, this should have been an excelent game, but they cut it down.

You get many hints that there's much more to the game than there actually is. I guess it's because they had to throw some things out (unfortunately). I fully agree, it would be a time for a remake, where you'd get much more options. Back then I gguess the game would simply be too big.
I also get the feeling the game was after all maded for the younger population. Maybe that's why they simplifyed it. It's all a real shame though. That's why I was disapointed when I finally solved all there was to the MCR (I was really hoping for an option of being able to contact the Losten and get a chip to reprogram it - instead there was just a detonator causing MCR to self destruct).
Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #76
Jason1701

Ya I agree they should do a remake too bad that any current game developers wouldn’t be interested Anyways I remember playing this game on my friends computer cause we didn’t have one at the time and I loved it I remembered the game for years but I never remembered the name of it then I ran into it here I think the closest game I have seen to NOMAD was Freelancer that Microsoft put out a few years back
Jason1701 is offline                         Send a private message to Jason1701
Old 01-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #77
Charley W

This was one of the first games I ever bought. About 11 years ago, Portland had the worst snowstorm in 30 years and we were snowbound for a week or so. We got by largely by playing this game (and a couple of others). It's great to find it again and replay. Thanks for resurrecting this old favorite for a new generation! I had the sound problem also and your step-by-step proceedure was a big help.

Some bits and pieces to help:
The missions on the Com-net seem to be the same no matter which planet you go to and in the same order until you accomplish them. In other words, when you complete mission # 7, it disappears and #8 moves up the que. As I remember (I lost my notes years ago), some events are time-dependant; when you access them the clock starts and they will disappear eventually.

The different races have different viewpoints and different information. But with few exceptions, I've found that virtually all members of a particular race have the SAME information! This discovery has been quite useful, I get most of my basic information from the Planetary Representative and can save time talking the ships. There ARE exceptions, though. People that you HAVE to talk to individually include:
Musin- Bob-clo-cli-mar, Eld-clo, No-clo
Arden- Brin O-Keef
Pahrump- Er-iik
Phelonese- M-ret
(the Altec Hockers and the Korok are special cases)

Try to talk to the Korok orbiting Earth. It seems to have some more detailed background info than ones we found other places (nothing uniquely vital that I know of), and is easier to talk to. This may just be a factor of the first Korok you communicate with, though. You usually seem to be able to ask them 3 or 4 things before they go hostile on you. Jammers help on this, but I haven't figured by how much yet.

You start with an inventory of
5 chocolate bars,
1 car keys,
1 company badge,
1 company watch
1 $20 bill
and The Secrets Of The Galaxy.
None of these items except TSOTG seem to have any special use except for trade and they seem to have various values. If you get destroyed and select the Repair at Earth option, you lose EVERYTHING in your inventory except TSOTG and 10 chocolate. You can do nothing with TSOTG until you meet Bob-clo-cli-mar.

The version at TheUnderdogs has a couple of saved games already on it. This is a big help, since they are further along and have some stuff which you can run through and test without risk in your own game!!!

It would be really helpful if someone could post what the differences are to get to the different endings and just how many there are (I've heard of at least 3). Also, earlier there was mention of a .txt file, but I can't find it. It would save me a lot of wrist strain if I had access to all of the conversations and could just copy them into Notepad! And, please, if anyone has a copy of the manual that they can scan and put up, it would be greatly appriciated!!!! Cabbage, is your info up yet?

Again, thanks a lot!
Charley W is offline                         Send a private message to Charley W
Old 09-05-2006, 01:54 AM   #78
Palatinus

Does anyone remember how to get the stealth shield? I know that you have to get a series of facts and then I think walks-home-world gives you the shield if you tell him the one fact. I know one of the facts you need comes from an altec hocker as well. I wish I could remember the series of events. If anyone can fill in any of the blanks, that would be great.

Old 31-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #79

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Palatinus @ May 9 2006, 01:54 AM) [snapback]229528[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Does anyone remember how to get the stealth shield? I know that you have to get a series of facts and then I think walks-home-world gives you the shield if you tell him the one fact. I know one of the facts you need comes from an altec hocker as well. I wish I could remember the series of events. If anyone can fill in any of the blanks, that would be great.
[/b]
I think you ask (any) Altec Hocker about location->Losten;

Eitherway, you somehow get the fact:
"The gateway that guards losten has kept the korok from destroying that world. Their weaponry and intellect cannot solve its riddle"

I gave this fact to Altec Hocker 2 at Griss, and it replies with the new fact to do with the mcr/wr6000 that you have to give ("Give fact that...") to Walks-Home-World who is the planet representative at the Ursor planet Bluelakeshorz.

Old 31-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #80
oclane
Forum hobbit

Angry

a real good game for the peroed yep a good game but a bit to mutch dull colours
oclane is offline                         Send a private message to oclane