Thread: Project Nomad
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #74
Ave

What I don't understand is that the box tells of being able to talk to "over 11 races." However, here is what I have seen for the races (numbered for emphasis):

1. Arden
2. Musin
3. Chanticleer
4. Ursur
5. Pahrump
6. Phelonese
7. Korok
8. Bellicosian
9. Altec Hocker
10. Shaasa
11. Kenelm

Is there one more race, or something, like the Losten? I find it rather dificult to believe that "over 11" means exactly 11.

However, I would like to know some of the backstory on the game, though that would have to be obtained from the developers in some way. For instance, why is Earth the only planet in the Sol system that one can visit? I would like to visit some of the other planets for resources and the like, but they were left out of the game. Also, what is the story behind the OESI? If the governments of Earth have banded together for this service, then how far into the future does this game really take place? I know the log says 4161 or something, but the technologies from Earth seem quite modern for such a futuristic timeframe. Finally, what are this game's exact ties to Disney? After all, the ship is the same design as that hanging in the Space Mountain ride--and the log even says "Space Mountain Log." Was this a game based off the ride, or were the designers sneaky little devils that did not care about copyright?

By the way, EX-4 is the Korok that needs the Re-Random Generator (fixed by Bob-clo-cli-mar).

They should make an updated version of Nomad with better graphics and able to play more easily on modern computers. Possibly there could be a sort of Nomad 2: Return of the Losten, or something, or at least a game that reveals a threat from outside the Milky Way.