Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-04-2005, 08:19 PM   #1081
SPAM

thanks guys for the tips. shortly after I posted that message though I started againg did real good troops never went insane and only lost 2 men by monthe 3 yeh good change. By the way i use tactics and damn good ones my men are just retarted or something they pee their pants when they see an allien :angry: but I was doing good till I attacked a large ufo with 3 interceptors with lasers and avalanches. Must not have been a supply ship. it invaded after that i had no fighters then because I just spent it on big base renovations and 2 laser tanks and the laser cannons for my fighters. aww well Ill go back to the save and stert saveing more often. :crazy: Thanx for the UFO capturing tricks usually i just bust in the front door and nade the place. and shoot everywhere. Blasted engeeiers in the engine

Old 26-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #1082
SPAM

eye now i kant spel gud

Old 26-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #1083
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by SPAM@Apr 26 2005, 10:19 PM
thanks guys for the tips. shortly after I posted that message though I started againg did real good troops never went insane and only lost 2 men by monthe 3 yeh good change.* By the way i use tactics and damn good ones my men are just retarted or something they pee their pants when they see an allien* :angry:* but I was doing good till I attacked a large ufo with 3 interceptors with lasers and avalanches.* Must not have been a supply ship. it invaded after that i had no fighters then because I just spent it on big base renovations and 2 laser tanks and the laser cannons for my fighters. aww well Ill go back to the save and stert saveing more often. :crazy:* Thanx for the UFO capturing tricks usually i just bust in the front door and nade the place. and shoot everywhere. Blasted engeeiers in the engine
Ermm...Using Interceptors with laser cannons are pure suicide.When trying to down ufo bigger than "small" use two avalanches or plasma cannons(when you had researched it)
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 26-04-2005, 08:36 PM   #1084
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Laser Cannons are really handy on Lightnings that go 'Elerium Hunting' but very, very little else. They are handy at the beginning of the game for a good length of time but quickly start to let you down.

Interceptors with Avalanches are quite capable of taking down Terror UFOs to begin with, you should do this from the beginning if you are brave.

It gets your soldiers either very skilled or very dead. It's your call really.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 26-04-2005, 08:36 PM   #1085
Danny252
I have a custom title!

this is the collectors edition, yes.
Old 26-04-2005, 09:08 PM   #1086
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Student@Apr 26 2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah that should do (ive tested it myself). :evil: :evil:
BTW why do i always have to send troops to cydonia? id rather nuke the place :evil: .
Heh.Good point. :evil:
Btw can be nades destroyed by regular hit from regular weapons,or just from explosives
(The problem:Stunned enemy commander, and near him(my soldier fumbled :ranting: ) primed nade.Any explosion that would destroy nade will probably also kill a commander.And becouse I cleared etheral base just to get him I would be very unhappy if it happens.The question is:Can I destroy nade with nade with regular laser rifle/heavy plasma shot on floor where it lies?)
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 26-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #1087
Jman4117
Game freak

It has to be HE. Any strength will work as floor objects have 0 armor. Burning might also do it but I've never really tested.....
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 26-04-2005, 11:04 PM   #1088
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard+Apr 26 2005, 09:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lizard @ Apr 26 2005, 09:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Student@Apr 26 2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah that should do (ive tested it myself). :evil:* :evil:
BTW why do i always have to send troops to cydonia? id rather nuke the place :evil: .
Heh.Good point. :evil:
Btw can be nades destroyed by regular hit from regular weapons,or just from explosives
(The problem:Stunned enemy commander, and near him(my soldier fumbled :ranting: ) primed nade.Any explosion that would destroy nade will probably also kill a commander.And becouse I cleared etheral base just to get him I would be very unhappy if it happens.The question is:Can I destroy nade with nade with regular laser rifle/heavy plasma shot on floor where it lies?) [/b][/quote]
You can blow stuff on the ground up with:

grenade
alien grenade
High Explosives
Any explosive ammunition for weapons (e.g., rockets, blaster bombs)
dying Cyberdisks (treated as alien grenade)
not sure: smoke grenade
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 26-04-2005, 11:42 PM   #1089
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

If its only the alien commander thats there then just have one dude guarding him with a stun launcher w/bomb (just-incase he wakes up and doesnt move and set of the nade)

Then clear the rest of the base of all other alien scummies and take home your shiny new etherial commander all stunned up but undamaged. Now if you dont have a stun-launcher (possible) try and find one ASAP (i think a few aliens carry them sometimes) , throw a few smoke grenades or just wait there with one troop who should be carrying nothing in his hands (or mabye just a stun-rod) so he will get MC'ed but the commander hopefully wont move. Then clear out the area from other aliens and find a stun launcher.

Any other way you can screw that up then your royally buggered.

And if your still doing your human only tech, then smoke grenades is all you can use really. However if you throw a grenade just far away enough so it hits the first grenade in the blast radius but far away from the Alien Commander so it wont kill/seriously wound him then that should work fine. Destroyed grenades dont explode.

Here is a question though which is easy to find out yet im too lazy to be arsed to do it myself, if you drop a prox nade or primed grenade and it doesnt go off after the map ends, do you get the grenade back???

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 27-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #1090
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp@Apr 26 2005, 11:42 PM
If its only the alien commander thats there then just have one dude guarding him with a stun launcher w/bomb (just-incase he wakes up and doesnt move and set of the nade)

Then clear the rest of the base of all other alien scummies and take home your shiny new etherial commander all stunned up but undamaged. Now if you dont have a stun-launcher (possible) try and find one ASAP (i think a few aliens carry them sometimes) , throw a few smoke grenades or just wait there with one troop who should be carrying nothing in his hands (or mabye just a stun-rod) so he will get MC'ed but the commander hopefully wont move. Then clear out the area from other aliens and find a stun launcher.

Any other way you can screw that up then your royally buggered.

And if your still doing your human only tech, then smoke grenades is all you can use really. However if you throw a grenade just far away enough so it hits the first grenade in the blast radius but far away from the Alien Commander so it wont kill/seriously wound him then that should work fine. Destroyed grenades dont explode.

Here is a question though which is easy to find out yet im too lazy to be arsed to do it myself, if you drop a prox nade or primed grenade and it doesnt go off after the map ends, do you get the grenade back???
I don't know about regular grenades, but I once littered my base with prox mines in an hour of desperation, and I got all the unexploded ones back in my inventory afterwards.
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident