View Single Post
Old 27-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #1090
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp@Apr 26 2005, 11:42 PM
If its only the alien commander thats there then just have one dude guarding him with a stun launcher w/bomb (just-incase he wakes up and doesnt move and set of the nade)

Then clear the rest of the base of all other alien scummies and take home your shiny new etherial commander all stunned up but undamaged. Now if you dont have a stun-launcher (possible) try and find one ASAP (i think a few aliens carry them sometimes) , throw a few smoke grenades or just wait there with one troop who should be carrying nothing in his hands (or mabye just a stun-rod) so he will get MC'ed but the commander hopefully wont move. Then clear out the area from other aliens and find a stun launcher.

Any other way you can screw that up then your royally buggered.

And if your still doing your human only tech, then smoke grenades is all you can use really. However if you throw a grenade just far away enough so it hits the first grenade in the blast radius but far away from the Alien Commander so it wont kill/seriously wound him then that should work fine. Destroyed grenades dont explode.

Here is a question though which is easy to find out yet im too lazy to be arsed to do it myself, if you drop a prox nade or primed grenade and it doesnt go off after the map ends, do you get the grenade back???
I don't know about regular grenades, but I once littered my base with prox mines in an hour of desperation, and I got all the unexploded ones back in my inventory afterwards.
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident