Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #21
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 21 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]300689[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WolverineDK @ Jul 21 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]300687[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zenith @ Jul 21 2007, 11:31 AM) [snapback]300648[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 21 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]300629[/snapback]
Quote:
Quote:
all those with read/write error[/b]
so i tested it and it seems that the game NEEDS to be in a directory called PP. it doesnt matter what are other directories above the "PP" (which is kinda wierd in my opinion) but all the game files need to be in a subdir called "pp"

can 'enlightened sebastianos' add this to technical notes about the game please?
[/b]
No! If you want to run the game from DOSBox, mount the one directory BEFORE the game directory (like: you've got the game in c:\games\psychop -> mount c c:\games), then go to the game directory from mounted directory (ex.: c: -> cd psychop). It works with any name of the game directory (so you don't need to have the game in "PP" as r.u.s.s. said).

Other option it still Sega MegaDrive/Genesis emulator (like Kega Fusion) and game ROM, it has less colours but better effects.

Enjoy the game!
[/b][/quote]

Could I get that in plain simple cardboard English ? or somebody be friendly, and tell me it in Danish. Since this made almost curse, when I mounted PP(where PsychoPinball was) as directory, instead of my dosgames directory. And if I mounted that directory, and then I mounted the main dosgames directory. And the only thing I could get when I wrote dir, was the dosbox directory. So someone please explain it to me like I was a 6 year old, who only understood basic English, and spoke Danish like a native.

Sorry, but it doesn´t make any sense. Shall I write that big mount command in the dosbox window, instead of in the dosbox config ?

Anyway , I am not going to play the emulated version yet.
[/b][/quote]

I think I wrote it quite understandable, but simple: (for example you have the game in c:\games\psycho)

1) run DOSBox
2) mount c c:\games
3) c:
4) cd psycho

then setup soundcard and run the game. Is it OK?
[/b][/quote]

finally it worked. For me and the sound is working and so forth. It is just strange that it has been such a hard game to get working. It is just weird, that it is the only game that didn’t like me having it as a long directory name. And as Sebatianos said, it doesn’t like frontends, even though I call that odd

Last edited by WolverineDK; 29-08-2011 at 05:42 PM.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 21-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #22
Zenith

It doesn't like frontends because they directly mount the directory in which the program is and Psycho Pinball because of some strange reason needs to be in subdirectory (probably not in root).

Old 22-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #23
Donners

Ah, got it working too. Thanks.

I don't really like the way it only shows part of the "machine" at a time. Perhaps it's designed for small monitors or something, but I'd rather see the whole thing than follow the ball closely.
Donners is offline                         Send a private message to Donners
Old 24-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #24
Luso
Game Wizzard

:brain: My favorite pinball game of all time! k:

I LOVE Psycho Pinball :bleh:
Luso is offline                         Send a private message to Luso
Old 25-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #25
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

OK, for all those who have problems running this game (I've also added this to the review):

Step by step guide to run the game:
Seeing how some people have problems running this game I was asked to add this to the review (although everybody who is comfortable with DOSBox will know that you can change the mentioned things).
1. Download and install DOSBox (prefrebly the latest version).
2. Download and unzip the game Psycho Pinball. (there should be a folder named PP with all the files in it).
3. Put the PP folder directly on drive C: (so you'll have a folder called C:PP).
4. Run DOSBox (no frontends - just DOSBox).
5. Enter the following commands (press enter after each line of command):
mount c c:\
c:
cd pp
psycho
6. Enjoy the game.

If you know what each of these functions does and are able to change them, it's OK, if you aren't that comfortable with DOSBox please FOLLOW THEM TO THE LETTER!!!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 25-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #26
Zenith

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Jul 25 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]301254[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
OK, for all those who have problems running this game (I've also added this to the review):

Step by step guide to run the game:
Seeing how some people have problems running this game I was asked to add this to the review (although everybody who is comfortable with DOSBox will know that you can change the mentioned things).
1. Download and install DOSBox (prefrebly the latest version).
2. Download and unzip the game Psycho Pinball. (there should be a folder named PP with all the files in it).
3. Put the PP folder directly on drive C: (so you'll have a folder called C:PP).
4. Run DOSBox (no frontends - just DOSBox).
5. Enter the following commands (press enter after each line of command):
mount c c:\
c:
cd pp
psycho
6. Enjoy the game.

If you know what each of these functions does and are able to change them, it's OK, if you aren't that comfortable with DOSBox please FOLLOW THEM TO THE LETTER!!!
[/b]
As I wrote in some of my previous posts, I must note that you don't have to install the game to c:\folder, if you don't want to have mess on the HDD, install it anywhere (where you usually store old DOS games, like c:\dosgames, and THERE make a game directory like PP, PSYCHO or what you want). The game only requires to be not directly in the root (like c:\, d:\ or so), so mount one directory before the game directory and it will run OK and also you don't have to create an another directory in the root (where you still have those like Program Files etc.). Sebastianos' guide is fine but it's really not necessary to have the game in c:\PP, so I wanted to correct it.

Old 25-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #27
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

he knows, he just wanted to give a step-by step walkthrough for all those who arnt sure
Old 25-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #28
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zenith @ Jul 25 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]301267[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Jul 25 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]301254[/snapback]
Quote:
(although everybody who is comfortable with DOSBox will know that you can change the mentioned things)

[/b]
As I wrote in some of my previous posts, I must note that you don't have to install the game to c:\folder, if you don't want to have mess on the HDD, install it anywhere (where you usually store old DOS games, like c:\dosgames, and THERE make a game directory like PP, PSYCHO or what you want).
[/b][/quote]
I know. You don't need it there. You can usually change directories to your liking, but this is the easiest way if you just want a quick play (without trying to understand the workings of DOSBox).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-08-2007, 06:51 AM   #29

hmm, mI tried everything which was said here, but still doesnt work on DOSbox. I also tried the c:/ thing, just put it in c:/pp but that didnt work either. When I run psycho.bat, the codemasters sign shows, then I choose the language and then i crashes....

Old 13-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #30
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 13 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]304379[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
still doesnt work on DOSbox.[/b]
On which version of DOSBox, exactly?
Quote:
I also tried the c:/ thing, just put it in c:/pp but that didnt work either. When I run psycho.bat, the codemasters sign shows, then I choose the language and then i crashes....
[/b]
The game crashes or DOSBox crashes?
Any error messages in DOSBox window or the status window?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman