Thread: Psycho Pinball
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #21
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 21 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]300689[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WolverineDK @ Jul 21 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]300687[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zenith @ Jul 21 2007, 11:31 AM) [snapback]300648[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 21 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]300629[/snapback]
Quote:
Quote:
all those with read/write error[/b]
so i tested it and it seems that the game NEEDS to be in a directory called PP. it doesnt matter what are other directories above the "PP" (which is kinda wierd in my opinion) but all the game files need to be in a subdir called "pp"

can 'enlightened sebastianos' add this to technical notes about the game please?
[/b]
No! If you want to run the game from DOSBox, mount the one directory BEFORE the game directory (like: you've got the game in c:\games\psychop -> mount c c:\games), then go to the game directory from mounted directory (ex.: c: -> cd psychop). It works with any name of the game directory (so you don't need to have the game in "PP" as r.u.s.s. said).

Other option it still Sega MegaDrive/Genesis emulator (like Kega Fusion) and game ROM, it has less colours but better effects.

Enjoy the game!
[/b][/quote]

Could I get that in plain simple cardboard English ? or somebody be friendly, and tell me it in Danish. Since this made almost curse, when I mounted PP(where PsychoPinball was) as directory, instead of my dosgames directory. And if I mounted that directory, and then I mounted the main dosgames directory. And the only thing I could get when I wrote dir, was the dosbox directory. So someone please explain it to me like I was a 6 year old, who only understood basic English, and spoke Danish like a native.

Sorry, but it doesn´t make any sense. Shall I write that big mount command in the dosbox window, instead of in the dosbox config ?

Anyway , I am not going to play the emulated version yet.
[/b][/quote]

I think I wrote it quite understandable, but simple: (for example you have the game in c:\games\psycho)

1) run DOSBox
2) mount c c:\games
3) c:
4) cd psycho

then setup soundcard and run the game. Is it OK?
[/b][/quote]

finally it worked. For me and the sound is working and so forth. It is just strange that it has been such a hard game to get working. It is just weird, that it is the only game that didn’t like me having it as a long directory name. And as Sebatianos said, it doesn’t like frontends, even though I call that odd

Last edited by WolverineDK; 29-08-2011 at 05:42 PM.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK