Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #71
AchtungWolf
Lurker

Default Memento

I was never able (that souds like shit.. sorry for my bad english... but you understand.. no?) well... as I was telling.. I wasn't never able to play this game on my old 486Sx 33... never know why... some kind of trouble with EMS memory... anyway, Now i remember how I want to play it since far far long....

Thanks from a guy with a horrible memory, for remember to me that game, I try to make it run in my "new" computer... when i find it...

where the &u@# were....:wondering:
AchtungWolf is offline                         Send a private message to AchtungWolf
Old 06-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #72
humorguy
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungWolf View Post
I was never able (that souds like shit.. sorry for my bad english... but you understand.. no?) well... as I was telling.. I wasn't never able to play this game on my old 486Sx 33... never know why... some kind of trouble with EMS memory... anyway, Now i remember how I want to play it since far far long....

Thanks from a guy with a horrible memory, for remember to me that game, I try to make it run in my "new" computer... when i find it...

Never apologise about your English if it is your 2nd language! And your first instinct was correct! 'I was never able to get to play the game...' is the correct English - so you were right first time!!! I have the compilation Aces over Europe and Aces over the Pacific! To say they are brilliant is still an understatement!
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 06-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #73
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungWolf View Post

when you find it, use dosbox to run it, it will handle the ems thingies automatically
Old 07-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #74
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sierra/Dynamix published, eh?
Well then, guess it's time to remove the protection, as neither is in ESA anymore.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #75
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

IS there a way to enhance the graphics a bit? Mine doesn't look as nearly as good as on the screens next to the review. all i see are some big blobs and it's very hard to see any planes at all. is there a setting to make it look better? i dont' remember red baron looking this bad and this game came out after it.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #76
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
IS there a way to enhance the graphics a bit? Mine doesn't look as nearly as good as on the screens next to the review. all i see are some big blobs and it's very hard to see any planes at all. is there a setting to make it look better? i dont' remember red baron looking this bad and this game came out after it.
Have you tried turning Hi Res on with a button that I believe is available in the in-flight game option menu?
Zaru is offline                         Send a private message to Zaru
Old 08-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #77
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

I was looking for something like that, but couldn't find it. well if it is there then it's time to search for it again.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 08-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #78
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Gregor, I have checked it just a moment ago. It's under F10 key during the flight and it's called Tall Res. But it's ON by default so you may be flying in this mode already.

I remember that because I wasn't able to recognize bandit planes by markings (as markings are shown only when you reach relatively close distance), I have learned to do it by their colours. Of course sometimes I found myself friendly firing, but it worked most of the time.
Zaru is offline                         Send a private message to Zaru
Old 29-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #79
Ostfunker

Newbie posting!

Hello, my problem is about installation.

I've donwloaded the Zip file, extracted it and put all extracted files onto a CDROM.

I've loaded the CDROM into a Windows 3.1 machine from 1995 that I keep for playing my fave games

However, when I run Install.exe, it asks me to load Disc 1 and I can't do that!

What am I doing incorrectly and how to get around it?
Ostfunker is offline                         Send a private message to Ostfunker
Old 30-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #80
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

The game is pre-installed. Execute the AOE.COM to play. It is recommended to copy the files to HDD (if you haven't done this already). Try to execute the INSTALL.EXE from HDD to undertake configurations.