Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-11-2013, 04:37 AM   #1
catchaserguns
Games Master

Could we get a cd image for this game in the ISO Cellar. They used to have it on the old site ISO Art: Lost in Cyberspace. But that went down last year.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 23-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #2

downloaded it, tried it, doesn't look that bad to me.
granted, i like illusions and fantasies more, but it is definitely not as bad as you make it sound....

worth a try.

Old 24-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
ouch

I think that the guy that reviewed tha game hated the game actually.. I wouldn't be so harsh even if I wouldn't like the game too much, as I know how creating a game that tries to be fun is so very hard, that the reviewers often can't imagine...

Old 26-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ouch @ Feb 24 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]280793[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I think that the guy that reviewed tha game hated the game actually.. I wouldn't be so harsh even if I wouldn't like the game too much, as I know how creating a game that tries to be fun is so very hard, that the reviewers often can't imagine...[/b]
Yes, I did hate this game.
Simply put, it doesn't stand a comparison to the previous pinball games published by 21st Century Entertainment.

But hey, nobody says you have to agree with the reviewer...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #5

here's another vote for "the reviewer got out of the wrong side of bed today". I thought it was far from abysmal, even if you don't think it's as good as some other pinball games.
I think the reviewer just has preconcieved ideas from other pinball games as to what they "should" be like, or something....

Old 03-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I think the reviewer just has preconcieved ideas from other pinball games as to what they "should" be like, or something....[/b]
Remember this one is a 1996 game and yet Pinball Illusions - a game one year older - severely beats it in every aspect.
As in my opinion Pinball Illusions is the best pinball game I have encountered, I consider its quality as one marking the maximum score.

In case you wondered, though - the score for Absolute Pinball was not an abstract one. I rated each aspect of the game separately and then used these to calculate the final rating.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
Offen

I love this game, I tried it when I was around 6-7 years old, it was only the demo of the first track, but still I played it alot. but I couldn't read english at that time, (from norway) so I don't remember the name later when I wanted to find the full version, because I didn't find the CD with the demo.

The thing I like very much about this pinball game is the mini games xD Racing, shark avoiting, meteor avoiding, and the "kiss scene" xD thats the only ones I have tried this far :P

now I am 17 by the way. I don't know why this game is so "bad" compared to the other ones, I have only tried
Pinball Fantasy this far.

Old 24-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try Pinball Illusions and you'll see the difference :P

-- Reed Richards