Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-07-2005, 08:31 AM   #61
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

CyberJudas is still being sold... it's not abandonware yet, so no downloads. Maybe you can get a cheap copy on ebay.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 31-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #62

How do I get the Soviet Union to collapse without causing a nuclear war?

Old 31-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #63
Triton

I'll get back to you on that. Right now, I'd try to bring down their ambition level and increase ethics.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #64
HarryMoe

There is a way to add new scenarios. Someone a number of years ago had made a module for UGE. With it you can change the ideology of all countries, ownership and trade (I think you could change ethics and ambition too but I can't remember everything that was in it. To bad you couldn't change the countrty you controlled). I remember the readme told how to make a new scenario though I don't recall if I made one so I don't remember much about that.
The changing of trade status in that editor was a great way to bring up your countries money along with the others (or hurt them). If you went in and changed certain countries to blocked trade you could then go back and give them a better trading status. You could do the opposite to hurt someone economy.

Great game though. Always went for Iraq and did surgical strikes as it drove up my popularity. (Certain countries it seemed to work for me to do this). Took over the entire world except Hong Kong and a couple others as it always seemed to crash my game. Key was to always win another war before your pop plummeted.

Also if you threaton with war or nukes against Iraq when they want to go into Kuwait I believe that usally works if I recall.
Though if you want to fight them then up your trtoops in Saudia Arabia and then ask Iraq to place troops there. Other countries will offer to station your troops and just keep going until you have no other choices. Turkey will usally accept and the Saudi-Iraqi Neutral zone and Kuwait sometimes. So in total you can have 8 million troops to pound the Iraqis. Just remember that there really doesn't seem to be a limit to the amount of troops you can deploy around the world except for the limit in the country itself.

I didn't care for CyberJudas as much.
HarryMoe is offline                         Send a private message to HarryMoe
Old 02-08-2005, 08:49 PM   #65
Danny252
I have a custom title!

well, Ill see if I can run it in windows/vdmsound maybe...
Old 02-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #66
Triton

If you can force Iraq to give up its plans of invading instead of going to war with them, you can save lives, money, and ultimately boost your popularity. If you do anything, try to sabotage Iraq's national assets to drive its social outcry up to 75% (it starts at about 30%); at that point, supply arms to rebels and try to stage a coup d'etat. Once the coup succeeds, immediately invade Iraq and take it over using the troops you've based in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, or a similar government will take its place.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #67
Jenkins

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Adrian@Jul 29 2005, 11:05 AM
hmm on xp it locked up for me too so I used DOS box and it works fine unless I go to the budget screen...but then it locks up. Anyone else had that happen?
Same for me, Dosb 0.63 locks up when I access the budget screen. Quite annoying if I want to change the outcome about the budget.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #68
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Well do what you should. turn off sound and use windows. works much faster.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #69
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I found out that I could play it on DosBox without locking up at the budget screen.

I have no clue how though, a few times it kept jamming, then all of a sudden it started working.

By the way, I adore this game.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 03-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #70
Danny252
I have a custom title!

I was invading iraq with help from turkey, then I saw this little number.
Soviet troops in iraq: 2000: defending
I thought 'crap.'
then I went for afganistan with pakistan helping. even more soviets. then the soviets got grumpy... I moved troops into china, south korea, svalbard, norway and turkey (All next or near to soviets or major soviet territories)
Then I did some surgical strikes on iraq, afghanistan and russia. now my Effectiveness rose to 100% after some attacks on russia worked.

then they nuked me..

the US was down to 23,000,000 people, 2 advisors dead. I nuked russia back. I then invaded russia and nuked china, italy, the UK and canada for annoying me. Then the pakistanis surrendered in afghanistan and the turks in iraq. and the ruskies had 3x my troop numbers.

I lost. The world was in 'Anarchy' and my QofL was 24%. about .5% above the average.