Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #531
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Maybe you would be interested to share the name of this wonderful and glorious company with us poor fans who have no idea?
Don't have permission. I can talk about what happened, but not about the players. Wish I did, but stuff gets passed along in confidence before and after an actual interview takes place. Sorry.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #532
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Well, at http://www.masterofmagic2.com/ you'll find some info about potential candidates to release if not a sequel to MoM, at least something in the same vein
Old 05-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #533
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, hell, it appears that Brad's since decided to go on the record about MoM2, and Atari's bungling. That being the case: yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. And the game Stardock's currently working on is the fantasy-based strategy title that is effectively their answer to MoM.

I should mention that Brad also doesn't intend to allow players to choose how many "books" of an individual spell school they want to max in at the start of the game. The books, he says, will be found while playing. But he again admits this is up for grabs, and if players in the open betatest want something else, he'll give way.

A bit of trivia: when Brad's wife was in labor with their first kid, he was so engrossed playing a game in the waiting room that he never came in to take part in the birthing. Pure (if benevolent) geek, that man. I'm surprised his wife let him back in her bed.

Last edited by Borodin; 05-01-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:47 AM   #534
pepe4158

Quote:
The two heroes would just need to have a Magic Immunity spell cast on them, .
Yes....if you are a sorcery mage lucky enough to get that spell....n no quatantee you would have those coveted magic immunity items....um coorrect me if I am wrong tho...doesnt Torin sometimes come with magical immunity?...swear he did...now thats a match up lol Torin vs Warrack

Doombolt still manages to do some damage...maybe a bug ...dunno, but they made that one to powerfull.

Yes intersesting topic about this MoM part-clone released in 2009?....so a new hybrid clone is better then nothing eh?

Well what I meant was there would be no real 100% Mom II....due to Sid Meirs antics, probably just as well, when he finally sold the rights to master of orion, to make a third, that company just screwed it up so bad they lost their fan support, would hate to see it happen to MoM....so Stardock wont suffer the same fate huh?

Last edited by pepe4158; 06-01-2008 at 05:51 AM.
pepe4158 is offline                         Send a private message to pepe4158
Old 06-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #535
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158 View Post
Yes....if you are a sorcery mage lucky enough to get that spell....n no quatantee you would have those coveted magic immunity items....um coorrect me if I am wrong tho...doesnt Torin sometimes come with magical immunity?...swear he did...now thats a match up lol Torin vs Warrack
Well there are enough default artifacts offered by merchants or found in lairs that have the Magic Immunity Attribute. Of course, you can also use the program itemmaker.exe, supplied with the game, to modify the list of default artifacts to be found in the game events.
As about Torin, I don't know if he randomly gets Magic Immunity but probably not. There's only one hero I know who always (and probably as the only one too) has Magic Immunity and that's this paladin hero you can summon if you have at least 1 Life book, but he's just a melee one. He's quite nice too, is a Healer, has the armor piercing attribute just like the Paladins units but unfortunately no First Strike.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 06-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #536
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158 View Post
Yes intersesting topic about this MoM part-clone released in 2009?....so a new hybrid clone is better then nothing eh?
Latter part of 2008 for open beta. 2009 for release.

Quote:
Well what I meant was there would be no real 100% Mom II....due to Sid Meirs antics, probably just as well, when he finally sold the rights to master of orion, to make a third, that company just screwed it up so bad they lost their fan support, would hate to see it happen to MoM....so Stardock wont suffer the same fate huh?
Sid's done worse, lending his name to some really dubious titles, like that remake of Railroad Tycoon. Terrible game, good graphics, and about one-third the features of Railroad Tycoon II. As for MoO: I think the third release wasn't anywhere near as bad as some people made out, but the construction and battle AI was inept. Still, that's no worse than MoM. We love it, anyway.
Old 20-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #537
pepe4158

Quote:
Well there are enough default artifacts offered by merchants or found in lairs that have the Magic Immunity Attribute. Of course, you can also use the program itemmaker.exe, supplied with the game, to modify the list of default artifacts to be found in the game events.
Yes that would work in a single game, but was refering to a multiplayer...would your opponets agree is the question?

Well just one question, I think more amid at Boro...I really think its a moot point though about hoping for an actual MoM 2....what i meant before is i think the only obstical would actually be Sid Meir....but you were saying its Atari?
I was saying Sid cause they used his engine to create MoM...and if I remember right gave him some kinda deal n cut in their company for it, niw wuth that company gone...I would think anyone could just use the title?...only sid would block it for using his engine?...or am i wrong here?
pepe4158 is offline                         Send a private message to pepe4158
Old 20-01-2008, 02:46 AM   #538
littlenog
Lurker

Of all the games here this one I think has the highest user rating of all the games at 4.1
littlenog is offline                         Send a private message to littlenog
Old 20-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #539
Scatty
Treasure hunter

It is a timeless game too, after all
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 20-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #540
marshal99

Why did Simtex fold anyway ? They only had a few titles but those titles (MOO , MOM) were very popular and i'm sure sold a lot to have make a tidy profit for the small company.
Their 2 impending titles were highly anticipated before they folded , Mech Lords & Guardian : heroes of justice sounded fantastic and would no doubt proven to be a success. It's such a shame that both projects will never see the light of day.

Mech Lords
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0hjjdCH5E
marshal99 is offline                         Send a private message to marshal99