Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-07-2005, 12:40 AM   #41
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Quote:
I have to spell it out for Rabadi:* If you choose to register for membership, than to keep that membership you must get at least 100 posts.
You mentioned "Qualifications for membership:", so naturally I perceived it as "qualifications for non-members to become members" rather than as "qualifications for existing members to keep themselves as members". See the difference there?
*shrug*
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 16-07-2005, 01:20 AM   #42
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Yeah, I know. Sorry for not making it crystal clear (I have a problem with that; my thoughts get all jumbled up and what comes out doesnt make any sense)
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 16-07-2005, 02:01 AM   #43
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

It's okay, it's just a misunderstanding, no harm done. English is not my primary language, so I also do not express myself well sometimes.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 06-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #44
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

i' m sorry to restart this topic again, but i was reading the "Important annoucements" topics and stroke something called V.I.P. Section!!!

from what i understood, this seccion is to be restricted and according to Tom 's rules:
Quote:
Tom Henrik*
Posted: Jun 26 2004, 09:45 AM

The total number of V.I.P.'s shall (preferably) not exceede a total of 25% of the members. (This section is only for the elite!)
does this means that now that we have over 4000 members, there is "space" for about 1000 VIP' s or did the rules changed? (of course everybody wants to be a VIP, it would do wonderfulls, specially to my EGO :bleh
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 07-08-2005, 01:51 AM   #45
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Well, to become a VIP, you need to work actively for the site. Stop working and you loose you VIP membership. Start working again, and you'll gain VIP once more.

Helping out the site can be anything.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 PM   #46
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Tom, i understand the rules, and to be quite honest, i' m far away to deserve such an honor. i' m very happy to be a member, and the only thing every one can have as granted from me is that every time i see i can do something positive, i will do it.

my question was not about how to become a VIP, it was more as how the number of members can affect the number of VIP's. so maybe, but just maybe i' ve presented a reason to delete accounts that are inactive. and to tell you the true, now that we are in this "honest small-talk", if i was in Kosta' s place, i could not press the "delete botton" too.
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 07-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #47
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrek@Jul 12 2005, 09:40 AM
I agree with both of you... althow it might look unconsensual

I think people should be warned first... if a pm is sent to a member, there will be a mail sent to the address entered in his account so, if that address is valid and the member has any kind of interess in belonging to this comunity, he will come here checking for it.

IMHO (if i learned it correctly from you guys, it means "In My Humble Opinion") i think that even if an account is deleted, its nick should be preserved for some time, giving the chance to be reactivated. Hotmail does something like that if you don' t check in during a month, but preserves the address.
i have the same opinion that sherk because the nick is personal, and the people after received a e-mail if they don´t come here they must lost there log
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 11-08-2005, 03:45 AM   #48
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Or someone here has been unplesant to them.

I like to see so many new people flooding in each day. You never know in that sea of people where brilliance will shine out of gaming(like everywhere). k:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 11-08-2005, 08:12 AM   #49
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Aug 10 2005, 08:45 PM
Or someone here has been unplesant to them.

I like to see so many new people flooding in each day. You never know in that sea of people where brilliance will shine out of gaming(like everywhere). k:
while it's great for the site to becoming ever more popular, it has it's downsides...such as the stupid idiots who think it's funny to come in and flame everyone and spam a lot...it really sucks, and bringsdown the board...it's the reason Puffin left for awhile
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 11-08-2005, 03:18 PM   #50
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yep...

The thing is I sometimes leave for large chunks of times due to real life issues. So I'm always at a lack of understanding to what's going on.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy