Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Default The Abandonia Text Adventure - I Forgot the Subtitle

This is the Abandonia Text Adventure - I Forgot the Subtitle.

It will have this pattern:
--- post ---
>command(s) in italics

"Description of what happens in quotes and italics."
--- end of post ---
--- next post ---
>command(s) in italics

"Description of what happens in quotes and italics."
--- end of post ---

Important: Before composing a post, just post it, e.g. "Now it's a me - Mario!", then see if you are really the next one, (wait till you are,) then edit your post. This is to prevent waste of time (multiple writing at the same time), excessive writing haste (to be the first and get your post counted) and general confusion (multiple posts that don't correlate). If there is a queue and you have a post in it and don't want to wait, just edit it to display e.g. "[DELETE]", in order that the next player is able to continue and that I know I'm meant to delete your post. I know that this system could lead to the adventure falling asleep (no notification that the next post was edited and possible long queue), but the mentioned problems need to be solved, and so we just have to try something else.

If you want to say something in RIL (real internet life), just write it at the beginning or end of your post without greater-than sign (>) and quotes - should be possible, eh?

For all of you who don't have experience in text adventures and for those who need to remember something or just want inspiration, here is a Guide/How to (if one of you is able to read my mind from half a year ago, I would be pleased if you would tell me which tutorial I had there (in my mind) then. The game subtitle I thought of would be nice too.) And don't forget the default Wikipedia article.

Synopsis of "What happened so far" in the ATA:
Our Hero went from a room down through a trap door. In the below cave he got chased by rock'n'roll because of artifact theft. He was able to escape to the free nature by sacrificing his dwarf. At a river, he entvended (a German-English blend word meaning to steal from a vending machine) a boat. After the mandatory waterfall, our Hero caught a Pikachu. Since he had no more pokeball-esque items left, he run away from the next creature that approached him. An insidious tree knocked him out, and the creature tied him up in a hut while fighting with Pikachu. When our Hero woke up, a child-labouring female missionary converted him to atheism. With his dread fear of what the future holds taken from his now irreligiously strengthened shoulders, he got into an argument with the narrator. In the end, the narrator asked a sphinx-esqe riddle of our Hero."

Now, let's begin - once upon a time in Abandonia:

"You are in an exactly quadratic room with a wooden floor. The walls are white and display a complete lack of doors and windows. There's a carpet lying in the middle of the floor."