Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #371
MasterandCommander-Guest
Default When you realize exactly what you're doing - that's when you're too mature to play

It's all 0s and 1s. Playing a game when broken down, is simply reordering boolean. It has no application to life whatsoever: you are alive, so you have no need to play. Computers playing computers makes more sense.

In reality, nothing is affected by you playing, apart from the passage of time, and the lack of input into other problems and challenges you encounter in life.

It's one of the most ignorant things you can do.

Using escapism as an excuse, is simply burying your head in the sand, and won't let you find any further solutions to any dilemmas you have encountered.

The primitive part of your brain is the only thing controlling the desire to play: in my case, my post should read as the primitive part of my brain causing my to have an addiction to economy simulators, because they strike a conceptual appeal to the idea surrounding resource economies (no finance), which are much more viable and lack the volatility of a free financial market. Due to the passing recession, this would be a time to reinforce this concept, but no governments have participated in any action towards such a market.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #372
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterandCommander-Guest View Post
It's all 0s and 1s. Playing a game when broken down, is simply reordering boolean. It has no application to life whatsoever: you are alive, so you have no need to play. Computers playing computers makes more sense.

In reality, nothing is affected by you playing, apart from the passage of time, and the lack of input into other problems and challenges you encounter in life.

It's one of the most ignorant things you can do.

Using escapism as an excuse, is simply burying your head in the sand, and won't let you find any further solutions to any dilemmas you have encountered.

The primitive part of your brain is the only thing controlling the desire to play: in my case, my post should read as the primitive part of my brain causing my to have an addiction to economy simulators, because they strike a conceptual appeal to the idea surrounding resource economies (no finance), which are much more viable and lack the volatility of a free financial market. Due to the passing recession, this would be a time to reinforce this concept, but no governments have participated in any action towards such a market.
What are you doing on this FORUM posting in a GAME's topic then?

Get a life.

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 01-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #373
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Hahaha, ok, no more flaming, please, or these posts will be removed.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 16-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #374
CyberDiablo

I've translated the game's article into Turkish. I really like Settlers. I've first, second, third and the 10th year anniversary edition of the second.
CyberDiablo is offline                         Send a private message to CyberDiablo
Old 21-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #375
arete

Awesome

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
Old 09-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #376
fleabag
Abandonia nerd

How do I expand my borders?
fleabag is offline                         Send a private message to fleabag
Old 09-02-2010, 06:16 AM   #377
arete

Select any house, manor or castle nearest your border - make it a military outpost. Build a road to it. Once it's built, soldiers will be sent to it, and when they enter the building, your boders automatically expand. Repeat.

Be prepared for when enemy soldiers come and attack your outposts: If they kill all your soldiers, they walk into your building and it becomes theirs, and all your buildings around it burn down, so build multiple outposts and castles.

Catapults automatically destroy any enemy military buildings within reach, so keep them supplied with stone.

To make more soldiers, you need 1 sword, 1 shield and 1 beer. (Yes, the game was developed in Germany.) To train your soldiers, you need to send gold coins to them once they're in their building. Unfortunately, the game cheats so even low-level enemy soldiers kill my generals. Which is why I prefer Age of Empires 2 these days ;-)

Old 10-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #378
fleabag
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
Select any house, manor or castle nearest your border - make it a military outpost. Build a road to it. Once it's built, soldiers will be sent to it, and when they enter the building, your boders automatically expand. Repeat.

Be prepared for when enemy soldiers come and attack your outposts: If they kill all your soldiers, they walk into your building and it becomes theirs, and all your buildings around it burn down, so build multiple outposts and castles.

Catapults automatically destroy any enemy military buildings within reach, so keep them supplied with stone.

To make more soldiers, you need 1 sword, 1 shield and 1 beer. (Yes, the game was developed in Germany.) To train your soldiers, you need to send gold coins to them once they're in their building. Unfortunately, the game cheats so even low-level enemy soldiers kill my generals. Which is why I prefer Age of Empires 2 these days ;-)
Thank you very much!
fleabag is offline                         Send a private message to fleabag
Old 15-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #379
arete

Glad I could help for a change. Usually the games aren't ones that I'm familiar with *^^

Old 04-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #380
RTS_fan

Is it possible to play this game multiplayer with dosbox using direct IP connection?

Does anyone do this?