Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #21
cast Implosion for 250 damage

Maybe you aren't replenishing because you have been poisoned or diseased or ran out of food? Find a healer in a town and get healed. Caveat: I haven't played the game in years so I'm speaking from memory. For what it's worth I think this is without a doubt the best RPG I've ever played (and I've played quite a few).

I remember waking up on Saturday mornings just to play it for hours before my parents woke up because when they did my playing time would be severely restricted (hard to imagine now with the ubiquity of computers but video games were a vice then).

Anyway, the game is awesome. Like the other poster above I got to LVL 255, quite a feat in itself but not impossible and actually quite easy if you follow a fairly linear strategy - just fight all the character quests (each class, ninja, thief, etc has a specific class-based quest that gives you XP like no tomorrow).

But before you do that, find Middlegate and fight in its dungeon to get gold, gain basic experience, and rescue a few mercenaries that could come in handy later if you so wish to get them to join your party. After that, go the vulcano town and find your way to the vulcano where there are gems galore in the 'dungeon' under the volcano, and some handy weapons like flame sword or flame flails etc - these will be your first 'powered' weapons. Make sure you get a levitation spell on at all times when exploring to avoid the lava. This is a good place to gain money because you can simply enter and exit the vulcano and the random gems will 'repopulate' the dungeon and you can 'find' them again.

When you feel that you've reached a high enough level, start the serious fun: class-based quests.

IMO the first characters you should amp up on XP by doing the class-based quest are your sorcerers (their implosion spells are handy when fighting top-level monsters). Note that you can only bring sorcerers along for a sorcerer-specific quest - same goes for the other classes. The exception to this is the thief - he gets to accompany all classes on their quests. Since sorcerers have major offensive magic in this game, I have two in my party. Along with the thief (to make a 3-member party) and a teleport orb and/or teleport spells, I was able to complete the sorcerer's quest quite easily. AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A MAP OF THE TOWERS IN SORCERERS' ISLE just so that you can use your teleportation orb with the most economy. Hint: by teleporting a few squares beyond a door you can avoid 'meeting' the monsters to reach your destination.

You get major sh!tloads of experience once you complete the quest. With powered-up sorcerers, you're basically set. Repeat the process for your knights, cleric, paladin, and other classes in your party.

At some point in time, to really become EXTREMELY powerful you'll have to start fighting dragons to gain XP. Fight a lot of them. Then go to the dragons cave (dragon's domion?) - it's an underground dungeon someone in the mountains (walk around the mountains until you find it, or check out the map) filled with wyrms and dragons.

The most powerful weapons are there - the Ancient Bow, Photon Blade, Titan's Pike. Use clever teleporting to avoid the most powerful dragons and you're set. What's more, if you exit and re-enter the cave, you can do it all over again, collecting lots of ancient bows and photon blades to sell them off at a profit later. Basically at this point you'll never run out of money. There's also a HP fountain in the cave that gives you HP for free everytime you enter it. Basically repeat until you get thousands of hit points like I did.

This is only an outline of the strategy I used, noting the most important things you must do to win the game.

The final stop of the game is a dungeon under the lake near Middlegate. There you'll find a cypher/scrambled message that you'll have to decode to win.

It's a simple cypher - they've simply replaced the letters in the alphabet with a different alphabet. So the letter 'e' might be 'x' for example. Or the letter 'a' might be 'g'.

But once you do a bit of analysis (look at how many letters repeat themselves - for example, since 'e' is most common in english so if you see lots of 'g' letters you can deduce that g = e), you can basically decode the message. Another hint: look for 2 or 3 letter words in the message - they'll likely be 'the' or ''by' or similarly common 2/3 letter words. So you can substitute letters in and see if they make sense - it's trial and error.

If you're STILL bamboozled, here's a hint from what I can remember: it went something like "we the citizens of Cron..." or something like that. Once you figure that out you can basically substitute the corresponding letters for the rest and solve the cypher.

Fup me I've been longwinded. Hope this helps.

Old 23-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #22
cast Implosion for 250 damage

Sorry for the grammatical mistakes and some nonsensical words (like writing 'someone' when I meant 'somewhere'). It was stream of consciousness writing but I hope it makes enough sense even where I've been ungrammatical.

Old 25-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #23

Hell, I looked it up on google and it appears that people have already written general guides and more thorough walk-throughs than my own pathetic effort above. And the final cypher actually goes "We the people of Terra . . . "

Anyway, more here: www(dot)gamesover(dot)com/walkthroughs/might2(dot)txt

Such an aweomse game. Great memories playing it.

Old 16-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #24
rAIF

Hi there, a little help please

What's up with the sludge beast, I can't figure out what hurts him. I have two chars who can hit them and do damage, female archer and male ninja archer has glaive equipped and ninja has staff+1 ninja couldn't hit them when he had nunchacks (whatever the spelling). It can't be tied to gender then, read somewhere that some monsters can only be hit by one gender, and it can't be magic weapons cuz my sorcerer and cleric both have staff +1 as well but they can't do a thing against those guys, same as my knight and paladin, who both have broadswords.

And those sludges are so damn imba anyway, one of them releases his acid spray and all my party is dead, so if the group I encounter happens to have over 2 sludges I run, nothing I can do about it, and it sucks.
rAIF is offline                         Send a private message to rAIF
Old 17-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #25
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Have you considered that there may be different classes of weapons? Like in Diablo, where clubs are better than swords against skeletons.
Or perhaps try some magic spells?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #26
rAIF

Yes I have considered that, and ruled it out, cuz my archer uses glaive, which is slashing damage, and hurts these things. While two of my other guys use broadswords, also slashing damage, with no hurt on the damn things, and ninja uses staff, so that's blungeoning damage, and two other party members with exact same weapons don't do shait, and damage spells only do like 1-2 dam to these guys. Totally useless, plus they spray acid that does 41 damage to everyone and if first round doesn't kill all of the party then the second one will for sure, these are fucking retarded monsters.
Old 17-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #27
rAIF

turns out my ninja was a chick as well, damn should have given her more feminine name, so those things can only be damaged by females I guess, even though I know that now these guys are still too damn powerful, even if my entire party could hurt them, they can still kill my guys off with 1-2 waves of their acid spray
Old 18-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #28
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If that's the case, maybe they are the game designers' way of telling you you're not supposed to go there just yet?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #29
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Not in this case. But don't worry, once you gained enough levels you won't have to fear them any more.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 02-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #30
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Fun title, and the first M&M that was developed on the PC rather than ported over. Looked very good at the time, and was reasonably tough as well as pretty funny. (I seem to recall laughing at the sexily winking "Nasty Witches.") Lots of sly bits of humor, too: the names of the twin sorcerors locked in their towers are anagrams for Gumby and Pokey, the two heroes of an early, popular clay-based cartoon program here in the US (1950s).

Watch out for the Cuisinarts.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin