Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Might And Magic II - Gates To Another World (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15768)

Romano 24-09-2007 01:01 PM

Might And Magic II - Gates To Another World

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Paco 24-09-2007 01:46 PM

finally all Might And Magic the old school is complete (MM1-5). But dont forget to put it on News-Page. ^_^

Guest 24-09-2007 04:43 PM

You should rename the World of Xeen into Might and Magic: World of Xeen.

Also there is Might and Magic: Clouds of Xeen still missing. Then you would have the entire M&M series completed. After that Heroes of M&M came out.

Paco 24-09-2007 04:49 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 24 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]312958[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Also there is Might and Magic: Clouds of Xeen still missing. Then you would have the entire M&M series completed. After that Heroes of M&M came out.
[/b]
Might And Magic IV + V: World of Xeen would be better. Yes, you see Might and Magic 4 is also there!

ebon 25-09-2007 04:15 AM

Is the pc version bug free? I remember I bought this for the C64 and recalling that i had save problems for the characters individual missions. Was utterly disappointed that I could not continue Not sure if it was my 1541 being out of alignment. Sure would like to try to finish it. excellent graphics on all platforms!

svpearson 25-09-2007 04:37 AM

Great game, thanks for adding!

I can't tell you how many hours I spent playing MM1 and MM2 back in the 80's.

Even though later ones had better interfaces and graphics I still felt that the first 2 were the most fun to play.

I still have MM2 in the box with hint book and manual in my collection :ok:

svpearson 25-09-2007 04:49 AM

Where is the "loadfix" the review mentions for getting it to run in dosbox? I dont see it in the zip file download.

Surpisingly it runs under windows XP however with internal PC speaker which is horrible for sound.

The Fifth Horseman 25-09-2007 07:53 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 24 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]312958[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
World of Xeen = Clouds of Xeen + Darkside of Xeen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(svpearson @ Sep 25 2007, 05:49 AM) [snapback]313039[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Where is the "loadfix" the review mentions for getting it to run in dosbox? I dont see it in the zip file download.

Surpisingly it runs under windows XP however with internal PC speaker which is horrible for sound.
[/b]
Loadfix is an internal program under DOSBox.

Guest 25-09-2007 08:19 AM

I had this for Apple IIe. It was a great game. I don't think I ever won it, but it was fun to just wander around and level up back in the day. I remember there was a monster named the Conquistador or Crusader or something like that in one of the mountains... he was tough to kill but you got a TON of experience points for doing it and I remember it was possible with low level characters somehow, but it allowed for some quick leveling.

Talin 25-09-2007 03:52 PM

well well, finally one of my favourite Might and Magic games comes online here on abandonia, spent thousands of hours on this one on my C64 :)

The current time is 10:31 AM (GMT)