Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-11-2007, 03:03 AM   #241
Sal
Game Wizzard

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 1 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]317877[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Oct 31 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]317862[/snapback]
Quote:
thats all right, we are all people
though some people read rules and some dont=P
[/b]
Hello DosRaider and r.u.s.s.
Thanks (from my side) for your inputs. Yes, I read the RULES which are logical and sensible, but what I can't find is a TUTORIAL on your website (or maybe elsewhere) to explain in straightforward terms for "amateurs" re how to use a forum - I just use the few features I have discovered by trial and error - so where can a technologically-challenged person find relatively non-technical (straightforward) tutorial, please? One example : you mention an invision board - what is this strange animal? Maybe I was previously looking in the wrong place for a tutorial - please point me in the right direction or give me a hyperlink to it.
Thanks folks.
Regards Wendy
[/b][/quote]
Well I hope I am getting this right..Wendy is quite correct about explanations and tutorials..I feel like I have been rapped over the knuckles for doing something wrong, which is purely due to ignorance of the set up and no knowledge of where to go to get information.. I have apologised twice for my misdemeanor. I am not a person who ignores rules.. SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 01-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #242
dosraider
Dismembered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 1 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]317877[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
: you mention an invision board - what is this strange animal? Maybe I was previously looking in the wrong place for a tutorial - please point me in the right direction or give me a hyperlink to it.
[/b]
Scoll down the whole way to the bottom, you'll see:
Invision Power Board v2.1.7 © 2007 IPS, Inc.
Another much used one is phpBB.
Those are bulletin board software.

As for a tutorial.... hmmm, that would be an overkill, wouldn't it?
I would say, use your brains.

One possibility (of many) is when you must reply to and quote multiple posts:
use notepad, hit the 'reply' button in one message, copy paste in notepad, hit the 'back' arrow above and do the same for the next post, and so on.....
Oh djees, use your brains, FYI: I completely work in the browser itself, copy-paste-edit-goback-whatever and whatnots.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Nov 1 2007, 05:03 AM) [snapback]317878[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
..I feel like I have been rapped over the knuckles for doing something wrong...[/b]
I don't think that any of the mods/admins believe that you on purpose double / triple posted.
Otherwise your messages would have been deleted and you would get a negative postcount.

BTW: people around here are pretty lenient, the places where I'm the one on the delete buttons your double posts are deleted on sight after ONE warning.
Yeah, I'm pretty badmooded sometimes .... bÃ*Ã*Ã*Ã*Ã*Ã*Ã*Ã*d me.

*Edit:
Almost forgot those exists:
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?act=Help
And that's the one you're looking for:
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?a...E=01&HID=13

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 01-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #243
Sal
Game Wizzard

Thank you Dos Raider for your comments about my lack of brain power and computer ability..We ALL need to be told how useless we are at least once each day it stops us from having feelings pf any kind
of self worth or self esteem...SAL
Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #244
dosraider
Dismembered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Nov 1 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]317929[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:huh: Thank you Dos Raider for your comments about my lack of brain power and computer ability..We ALL need to be told how useless we are at least once each day it stops us from having feelings pf any kind
[/b]
Qué ? Oh my, self-pity modus is on apparently.

Listen Sal, I don't know what you make of my posts, but they are absolutely not intended as insult.
I didn't say: U R NUBS, I could, but I didn't.
So, quit that attitude of self-pity, will ya?

You both asked some explaination about Invision, you got it, and I think I was polite.
I can't say your reply is polite :/

*Edit
Too slow Mighty Midget, too slow :)

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #245
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Ok, can we knock this off? Back on topic? I believe you all got your messages across. Ok, so someone didn't do it right. So what? I think telling once should do, don't you all?

[/rant]

So... any more discussions on the game?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #246

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dosraider @ Nov 1 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]317930[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sal @ Nov 1 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]317929[/snapback]
Quote:
Thank you Dos Raider for your comments about my lack of brain power and computer ability..We ALL need to be told how useless we are at least once each day it stops us from having feelings pf any kind
[/b]
Qué ? Oh my, self-pity modus is on apparently.

Listen Sal, I don't know what you make of my posts, but they are absolutely not intended as insult.
I didn't say: U R NUBS, I could, but I didn't.
So, quit that attitude of self-pity, will ya?

You both asked some explaination about Invision, you got it, and I think I was polite.
I can't say your reply is polite :/

*Edit
Too slow Mighty Midget, too slow
[/b][/quote]

:bleh: aiy El dos raider es un hombre frio y agrio

Old 02-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #247
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Stop arguing. It just doesn't serve a point.
What is instinctive to a forum regular with several years of experience might well be utter black magic to the casual user.
Everyone was a newbie once, everyone had to find out how some of the board functions operate - often by trial and error.

Wendy, Sal: When you experience problems with forum controls, try to slow down a little. The forum controls may seem overwhelming or incomprehensible at first, but don't let that impression to fool you.

Wendy: What you're looking for - the ability to quote several posts from the discussion in a single reply - is called "multiquote". To mark any post for quoting you click its' button (next one to the left from the Reply one). Then use the Add Reply to write your post and all posts you've selected will appear in it as quotes (multiquote doesn't work with Fast Reply, unfortunately).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #248
WendyMann
Game freak

[quote]
Thanks a stack, Fifth Horseman. Very much appreciated.
Regards, Wendy

WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #249
Sal
Game Wizzard

k: To the 5th Horseman.....Thank you.... for your understanding and kindness yet again...Back to THE GAME...SAL
Old 04-11-2007, 05:38 AM   #250
WendyMann
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Nov 2 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]317931[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ok, .... Back on topic?
So... any more discussions on the game?
[/b]
Hello all

Back on topic: we are still missing 20 game/action-points and 300 treasure/fortune points. I have therefore started playing Armaeth again from the start (using DOSBox 0.72). I am making a note of "loose ends" i.e. unresolved hints, descriptions and items that could be used at some stage in the game. I have tried the following in level 0 but without discovering anything. I am going to (re)start level 1 next (going down 1st secret entrance).

Armaeth : loose ends / unanswered possible issues :

General:
What is the heart icon used for?

Items /Issues arising in Level 0
The waterfall flows underground after the cascade i.e. at whirlpool in pond (can’t swim down – is something hidden down here?) .
Can one dig somewhere with the shovel? (so far, no luck)
What is the whip used for?
What is the hive of bees or hive of hornets, or the honey, used for ? (except to die!)
Have we missed something up a tree or in a hole in a tree?
What is the oak chest in the hut used for?
Is there an additional use for the steel lever?

If anyone finds answers to the above, or finds any of the missing points, please help the gaming community by posting the details on this forum. Thanks a million.
Regards, Wendy
WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann