Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #201
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Bravo!
My protagonist is thrown in lava from gang of monsters?
Why? I am winner,Yes?
Or this is a well known trick of game creators to continue the game?
Thanks a lot.

yoga the brave aka winner

That's not your character, that's Irenicus... did you even bother looking at his portrait or read where the heck your character and him ended up at the game's ending?

And yes, the game continues, since there exists a certain obscure expansion pack called Throne of Bhaal

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 18-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #202
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Can You be so kind telling me more about Egg, Pantaloons quests?

You killed that f.....d lich from sarcophagus?
1) Yes, I killed two liches already.

2) The Pantaloon Quest is about being super-gubber. If you collect all three pantaloon, a smithy in the expansion of BG2 will hammer(!) them together into a RIFLE with 3 kinds of ammo, and a MECHA-suit!!!

PS: I explored all areas in Amn, met the Merchant&Thief encounter, and killed Anomen. He was foolish enough to attack the Walking Force, just because I told him he is like a squirel in pants when we met in the Coper Coronet. Some people
I just passed the Guarded Compound too.

Last edited by twillight; 18-08-2011 at 04:39 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 18-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #203
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomekk View Post
That's not your character, that's Irenicus... did you even bother looking at his portrait or read where the heck your character and him ended up at the game's ending?

And yes, the game continues, since there exists a certain obscure expansion pack called Throne of Bhaal
OK, Tomekk, but I suppose that is impossible to install the expansion ToB when one finished the ordinary BG?

@Mage
You make gigantic progress, hero!!
Keep that direction!!
How many sub quests do You finish?
I did 37 already and 8 impossible because of non accepted requirements. (KMONSTER TO BE PALADIN, CLERIC OR BARD)

Actually I am ready to smash Irenicus for 2-nd time and more if necessary.

I am the brave, that I am.

Hero of heroes, gamer of gamers..

yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 18-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #204
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
OK, Tomekk, but I suppose that is impossible to install the expansion ToB when one finished the ordinary BG?

@Mage
How many sub quests do You finish?
I did 37 already and 8 impossible because of non accepted requirements.
1) ToB allows to import characters from nonexpanded BG2 games. Playing SoA while ToB is already installed allows you to reach ToB with a much higher exp, that's the only difference.

2) If you read back here, I listed all quests of BG2 I accomplished. There are some quests I can not accomplish because of the lack of party (including romance-issues), and of course no chance on stronghold-quests.
In BG1 there were quests for male only, evil only, thief only - and I had all the requirements. In BG2 there was a quest depending on good reputation (I made it), and I'm currently try myself in Trademeet, where the druidic quest requires to have a druid - what I lack - to do it the good way, and I hear 2 quests depend on completing that by not poisoning the grove.
Old 18-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #205
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
1)Playing SoA while ToB is already installed allows you to reach ToB with a much higher exp, that's the only difference..
You also get the elite special abilities or spells (for spellcaster characters) after level 25 or like that I think, that were introduced with Throne of Bhaal, like for example Whirlwind Attack (10 attacks / round for 1 round for fighters) or Summon Good / Evil Planetar (Wizards / Sorcerers) or Deva (Clerics) which are among the best and strongest summoned creatures that can be summoned. Talk of powergaming, but you'll need those abilities in ToB, they also help well in SoA to deal with liches and similar, or while in Underdark.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 19-08-2011, 05:26 AM   #206
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

@Scatty
While importing, you are allowed to gain the missing abilities, just like when impoting from BG1 to BG2.

EMERGENCY
What is the requirement of "Summon Dark Planetar"?
I know it is not restricted from me (cheated to try), but currently it is no option. Any idea?
Old 19-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #207
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You need at least 3,000,000 XP as mage so you can memorize and cast level 10 spells.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 19-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #208
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
You need at least 3,000,000 XP as mage so you can memorize and cast level 10 spells.
Thx. I found this info nowhere.

In exchange I tell you how to be ABSOLUTELY INVINCIBLE:
Equip yourself with Carsomyr, Human Flesh Armor, the Amulet of Seldarine and the Ring of Gaxx.
At the Tear of Fear choose Good Reward, at the Tear of Selfishness choose Good Reward again.
Voilá: 100% immunity to magic, and immunity to +1 weapons or less. Ok, immunity to magic doesn't mean immunity to magic weapons, but still attractive, eh?
Old 19-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #209
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Would be too easy and too boring quickly. 90% resistance is better in my opinion, that way the countless spellcasters in the game are still a bit challenging and need countermeasures to be taken against being hit by them.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 19-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #210
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Would be too easy and too boring quickly. 90% resistance is better in my opinion, that way the countless spellcasters in the game are still a bit challenging and need countermeasures to be taken against being hit by them.
Yep, might be a little bit cheesy, so change Carsomyr with Cloak of Balduran. Fits more charactertypes, and allows only 75% resistance. I hope this wouldn't allow healing from any offensive magic strucks the character if all included

Anyway, some info on Trademeet's druids:
- if you do the "good" way, you get +1 quest (Two Feuding Houses), some more gold, elven chain (AC5), and statues on the main square.
- if you do the "evil" way, you get some more exp (even without the extra quest), you still can do the "Return of the tanner" quest. You get somewhat less gold (what you shouldn't mind), and a Shield of Harmony (this is ANOTHER Shield of Harmony besides what you get from the High Merchant for the Genie Quest!). You OPTIONALLY get -1 reputation (from the major).
My opinion is, that Robe of Vecna (AC5) is much better then the elven chain.
Also if you don't have a druid, you STILL can solve the quest the "good" way. Cernd will stand outside the Grove. You shall go in, and be sent away. Talk to Cernd, and he'll kick ass inside - instant win.

So: I'm finished with Trademeet!