Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #131
Natso

Well i'm a member now, last post was my post.. BTW awesome smileys you got here...

Last night I hacked the save states of the game, pretty much maxxed out all her stats while shes 10 years old, I can change her age(so the game could last forever), And i can partially edit items(will finish mapping their layout soon). Also found how to give tons of money. Did anybody else here know that the programmers programmed in an 'invisible dress' so it actually showed her undressed? Surprised me too. I'm gonna make a program so that you can run it on a save state and select whatcha want done to it, and it can give you free items and tons of money upon will.

Anyways, Later.
Natso is offline                         Send a private message to Natso
Old 12-08-2005, 03:36 PM   #132
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Most of these changes can be made already by visiting Mad Eddy's shop. Maybe except for the age change, I'm not sure about that.
Of course it's more fun to have it figured out all by yourself
Old 12-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #133
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I have a tool, called MSG. It was specially designed to do such changes and creating stand-alone editors, so if you want you can give me your notes on what offset is responsible for what and I'll script the editor.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #134
Natso

Talking

In the words of Green Day... "I walk alone".

I do most of the stuff by myself when I hack, and I can create my own programs and stuff... However come to think of it I might just work with you(im lazy, dats my weakness). Lemmie type up a document... I still haven't figured out the item properties, best to do is just take the data and give it as taken... Though I know already how to rename an item(up to 256 chars in length)... can your MSG do that?

Anyways...

[insert smart comment here... i can't think of any right now]

Later
Old 12-08-2005, 08:49 PM   #135
Gamefreak

Actually there's already a build-in cheat in the game, with which you can get all the items already, including the undressing dress, did you know that already? Why create an editor then? Waste of time... :whistle:

Old 12-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #136
Natso

But you can set the stats exactly how you want them, etc, and also, the cheats is a little buggy, ya know? Besides, you can't rename items using the in-game cheats.
Old 14-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #137
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

A great game! Very original concept; them Japanese really know how to create original games.

However, I just can't seem to make enough money for my lil' girl. She never seems to do well at jobs, and thus I never have enough money to send her to school either. Any help?
Old 14-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #138
Gamefreak

The more she works in one job, the better she becomes. And participating in the torunaments is the source of good income. So let her study for art or fighting or dancing, and the money will slowly, but surely come.

Old 15-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #139
Natso

Haha I find the cooking tournament is always easy to win(i beat them by 300 points minimum, once by almost 900 points) and I get 3000 credits. As long as she works at some place, schools one time, and one free time every month, the 3000 lasts the whole year.
Old 17-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #140
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
can your MSG do that?
Depends. It can insert bytes into a file (altough it takes long to do so), but cannot shorten files. If the object records and their name tags are of fixed lengths (where after the ASCII in the name tag there are some "marker bytes"), then it will all be nice and clean. Otherwise might cause certain trouble (though I am quite prepared to at least TRY dealing with them).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman