Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #101

Sorry, I was really pissed of (didn't have the nicest day and then didn't find for a long thime what I searched for - the Mad TV thread), sorry for my post, which contained a lot of, let's say, harsh language.

I only wanted to find the thread, but now I have a question: I can't download Mad TV on HOTU (it says the file is corrupted), is there any other source of a non-buggy version of the game?

Old 20-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #102
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

this one is buggy? wait let me check my "sources", i will upload it somewhere if i find it for you

edit: all the versions i found are exactly the same size/files, if it's buggy then it's probably something in your pc, what's exactly buggy? how do you run the game?

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 20-01-2009 at 06:31 PM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 20-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #103

There are some bugs (for example spontaneous crashes on some events), as described in this forum in several posts.

Old 21-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #104

I found what might be the underdog version at another site, you can find it here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-...adTV1.zip.html

Old 21-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #105
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well if it doesn't have bugs maybe it'd be reasonable to replace this version on site with the one that doesn't have bugs from hotu.

does it?
Old 21-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #106

Yes, definitely. The version I got, which is probably identical to the HOTU version, seems to have fewer bugs than the version that is found all over the net and on abandonia. Some others should test it, though.

Old 21-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #107

Addition: Maybe mousectl.com and a batch file that first starts mousectl and then madtv should be included for better XP compatiblity? (with mousectl.com and such a batchfile, the mouse can be used for madtv unter winXP)

Old 21-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #108
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

wait. you are running under pure windows? no wonder about the bugs

use dosbox
Old 22-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #109

I AM using Dosbox. The bugs in the abandonia version (which seems to be sort of a beta, because it has a load of files and lacks the Rainbow Arts copyright notice present in the HOTU version) appear on Dosbox, I haven't played much directly on XP, but encountered some bugs that appear on DosBox, too.

BTW: since other players also detected these bugs (again, see earlier posts in this thread) it isn't very likely that they are related to my PC.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #110

I found 1 bug

Liveubertragung - Live Aid - 0 block

I by this and when I wish to have it on program game always crashed!