Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #41
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy+Apr 30 2005, 05:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stroggy @ Apr 30 2005, 05:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lizard@Apr 30 2005, 03:50 PM

Well,I generally disbelieve that games with awesome graphics will have another qualities than that graphic....
I pray that Obvilon will be an exception....

Thats a bit of a narrowminded view, wouldn't you say?
I mean when Morrowind came out it, too, used some pretty nifty graphics for the time (pixel-shaded water and such) and I still find myself playing it for hours.

But your logic says a new game has to be ugly in order to have a good gameplay. [/b][/quote]
It could be.
Unfortunetly most games with super-dooper-ultra-uber-cool-graphics I played totally sucked in other aspects....
I dont say (or at least not in THIS post :whistle: ) that game MUST have bad graphics to have good gameplay...
Just most of the games that are excepted or praised,or about which people talk generally just for good graphics dont have too much other qualities...
And I am big fan of morrowind too...
I wouldnt had anything against good graphic,if other(and for me far more important) aspects of game wouldnt be ignored or sacrified for it...
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 30-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #42
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Well, indeed there've been quite a few instances where graphics preceded over gameplay, but certainly not all cases are like that.
Anyway, I don't really worry about Oblivion. Beth did a wonderous job on Morrowind, and I still have some faith to trust they will not stray.
Old 30-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #43
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Graphics don't make a game imo, one of my friends only likes games with good graphics regardless of gameplay, really annoying when talking about games and he puts them down, but whatever.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 30-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #44
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

The Longest Journey and Planescape: Torment

Can't find them ANYWHERE except eBay. Which Dad doesn't trust, and I therefore can't use.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa