Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-04-2005, 04:08 AM   #51
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by nico@Dec 19 2004, 02:36 PM
How can I install this game? The install-program tells me to insert a disk into the drive i'm installing from. if i don't install it dosbox tells me to install it. so what's left to do?
Forget instalation. Just unzip the zip file and run dosbox, then mount.... change directory... and type ORION.EXE count down 3 2 1 and enter then ohhh noooo I can't believe it....
bahman is offline                         Send a private message to bahman
Old 22-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #52
Old Lou

Hello:
Does anyone of you know if MOO2 is abandoned? It'd be great to enter one day and find it right here on abandonia. One of the best strategy games ever made in my opinion and superior to ascendancy so far.
...but maybe it's not abandonware yet.
Bye
Old Lou is offline                         Send a private message to Old Lou
Old 22-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #53
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Quote:
While both are nice game, the ONLY thing that Ascendency has that is superior to Masters of Orion is Graphics.
Actually, I for me think it's more a matter of taste, as personally I feel Ascendancy is at least more fun then MoO.
I found the games in MoO too short for my tastes; my regular MoO game lasts for about three or four days, seriously stretching it, where I can stretch an Ascendancy game for almost two weeks.
Besides that (or maybe underlying that) I personally found Ascendancy to be generally more immersive, more gratifying and generally offering greater rewards the MoO. As such, for example, I found MoO actually ending very frustrating.

Should I seek shelter now?
Old 27-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #54
Mouser

Great game, wasn't expecting it to be this good

Anyways, I've downloaded DosBox to use with all my older games, but I've got one problem: Moo runs waaaa-yyy too slow. I've tried adjusting the CPU cycles (CTRL-F12/F11) in DosBox.. Still slow. is there anything else I could try?

Old 27-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #55
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouser@Apr 27 2005, 08:47 PM
Great game, wasn't expecting it to be this good

Anyways, I've downloaded DosBox to use with all my older games, but I've got one problem: Moo runs waaaa-yyy too slow. I've tried adjusting the CPU cycles (CTRL-F12/F11) in DosBox.. Still slow. is there anything else I could try?
You have to play with ctrl f11 and f12 to find the right speed. I am sorry I forgot the exact number, somting around 15000-16000 but I am not sure if the right speed for my computer would work fine for yours too. If you have any question juet just let us know. I am master in master of orion.
Old 27-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #56
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Doubler@Apr 22 2005, 10:01 PM
Quote:
While both are nice game, the ONLY thing that Ascendency has that is superior to Masters of Orion is Graphics.
Actually, I for me think it's more a matter of taste, as personally I feel Ascendancy is at least more fun then MoO.
I found the games in MoO too short for my tastes; my regular MoO game lasts for about three or four days, seriously stretching it, where I can stretch an Ascendancy game for almost two weeks.
Besides that (or maybe underlying that) I personally found Ascendancy to be generally more immersive, more gratifying and generally offering greater rewards the MoO. As such, for example, I found MoO actually ending very frustrating.

What the hell you are saying!!!! MOO is too higer to could be compared with Ascedancy. The ship design is magneficant and sometimes you have to design a specific ship to could punish a specific race which uses a special ship design. Computer just play enough good and smart to put you in serious trouble most of the times and you have to have your own strategy, diplomacy, etc to could handle a difficult situation....
Old 27-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #57
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahman
What the hell you are saying!!!! MOO is too higer to could be compared with Ascedancy. The ship design is magneficant and sometimes you have to design a specific ship to could punish a specific race which uses a special ship design. Computer just play enough good and smart to put you in serious trouble most of the times and you have to have your own strategy, diplomacy, etc to could handle a difficult situation....
I disagree.
There are on same level,with MoO in slightly lead,becouse (instead of Ascendacy) it bringed its ideas to end.
But of course,everyone has its own opinion

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: removed borky html
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 27-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #58
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubler

I disagree.
There are on same level,with MoO in slightly lead,becouse (instead of Ascendacy) it bringed its ideas to end.
But of course,everyone has its own opinion
Well you are right. Everybody has its own opinion. In fact I don't understand why I argued about his comment too, because I have never played the other game very seriously. MOO, I played it a lot. Sometimes it is matter of taste too. Now lets have a beer

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: html
Old 28-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #59
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

I'm all for that !
Old 28-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #60
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Doubler@Apr 28 2005, 03:09 PM
I'm all for that !
Well you almost look like a donky, we might get good freinds.