Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-02-2005, 08:24 AM   #81
Molokaicreeper

Cool

hey dude, you dont need to put the meat outside! all you gotta do is drop it on the floor inside her house, somehow she doesn't smell it anymore LOL
Molokaicreeper is offline                         Send a private message to Molokaicreeper
Old 28-02-2005, 08:29 AM   #82
Molokaicreeper

Thumbs down

hey guys I still am looking for disk number #1 of 12 from return to zork the floppy disk version, can anyone please do an image of disk one and email it to me [BEEEP]@aol.com I'll appreciate it!!!

Liliana
Molokaicreeper is offline                         Send a private message to Molokaicreeper
Old 12-03-2005, 07:44 PM   #83
Mike b

Hey everyone, Im running XP but a few errors are coming up when i Play the game through DOSbox...

I run it from DOSbox...
I hear thunder and lightning, see "infocom" logo
"art of adventure" at bottom of screen
Then a black screen, flashes message "cannot open file intro00.pmv"

I can't get the movies to play at all, here, or at the mountain pass, or when the man at the lighthouse answers the door.

Any ideas???

[desperately hopes I'm missing something simple]

Old 17-03-2005, 04:14 AM   #84

I downloaded it, but when I try to install it, it says:
"The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOs and Microsoft Windows applications."
This always seems to happen when I try to run things in DOS. I have Windows XP. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
thanks

Old 18-03-2005, 05:34 AM   #85
mrpeepers
Lurker

I'm getting the same problem as Mike B. there are no videos at all. even when you make the raft and go into the river, it goes straight into West Shanbar. Also everything is very choppy, and pressing F11 and 12 and 7 and 8 doesn't do anything. help please!
the person who posted just before needs DOSbox, it is on this site.
mrpeepers is offline                         Send a private message to mrpeepers
Old 10-04-2005, 11:49 PM   #86
hillel_kitty

Just a thought, mike b, have you tried installing the project book? I don't really know what this does, but install.exe seemed to think it was a good idea.

Does anyone have the problem of this program running WAY too fast in XP? I've never seen that codger Trembyle shuck and jive so FAST! I've got DOSBox installed, but I just run RTZ thru windows, since it automatically pops DOSBox when I start up rtz.bat

How can I slow this down? I've tried ctrl-F8 and F12, but it doesn't seem to help.
hillel_kitty is offline                         Send a private message to hillel_kitty
Old 11-04-2005, 03:39 AM   #87
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hmm....the problem with running videos must be some kind of Dos/memory issue as they work perfectly in Win98. Have you tried running the program using VDM sound? That's available onsite too and the memory can be configured easily. Dosbox is trickier to set up...for me, anyway. Sometimes VDM sound doesn't need any configuration at all and games will just play with the default configuration.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 21-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #88
Guest_nick

Well i managed to make a false CD ROM drive inside of dos box, and load RTZ out of that. i edited the .conf file like:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount C C:\DOS\CDrive
mount D C:\DOS\DDrive\ -t cdrom
C:
CLS

so i loaded RTZ out of the D: that i pulled up inside of dosbox. back in C: i went through the tinstallization okay (i had to chose the no option when it asked about loading the .pjm thing to the harddrive, otherwise it all locked up.) now i can run RTZ, i see the into scene with the white house and all, and get to the first clip in the valley where the orb says he needs a new battery. then everything goes black, and nothing loads. I still have the funky little hand as my mouse cursor tho. Anyone else hit this problem? or know how i can work around it?

Old 21-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #89
Guest_nick

nevermind, i finally got it to work. it took some tinkering with letting it use smooth audio and whether to load movies into higher memory. i had to put the first two on NO, and the bottom two on YES. now it works great!

want some rye? 'course I do...

Old 06-05-2005, 02:39 AM   #90

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the .pmv files to play? They're the only thing I can't get working.