Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #121
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Could any of the experts help me out?

So far there are two buildings I can't pass:

1) The first time where you meet those hooded orange creatures that attack you by casting a sort of blue lights that float towards you. Just when you enter that building, there are also two guys with telescopic arms.
When I've passed through the main hall, towards the right, there's a flight of stairs up. After I've taken the card for a new spell, the door through which I entered closes. Next there's a room with 3 of those hooded guys, with a door to the left but I can't open it.

2) I think this is Nupraptor's stronghold: lots of sewers, slimy pink and blue creatures crawling on the floor, etc.
After making my way through several rooms, I enter a sort of library with monks and a lot of book racks. There's one door I fail to open, but I don't see any levers I could move or anything similar.

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-03-2005, 12:34 AM   #122
kain_taka

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Mar 5 2005, 01:32 PM
Could any of the experts help me out?

So far there are two buildings I can't pass:

1) The first time where you meet those hooded orange creatures that attack you by casting a sort of blue lights that float towards you. Just when you enter that building, there are also two guys with telescopic arms.
When I've passed through the main hall, towards the right, there's a flight of stairs up. After I've taken the card for a new spell, the door through which I entered closes. Next there's a room with 3 of those hooded guys, with a door to the left but I can't open it.

2) I think this is Nupraptor's stronghold: lots of sewers, slimy pink and blue creatures crawling on the floor, etc.
After making my way through several rooms, I enter a sort of library with monks and a lot of book racks. There's one door I fail to open, but I don't see any levers I could move or anything similar.

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated!
Okay, been years since I last played this on my old 75 mhz computer, but it sounds like you just got the energy bolt spell. Look for buttons on the other side of the spiked areas that you can't cross. You can hit those with the spell, opening new areas/doors.

For the second one, I think that is napraptor's stronghold. Anywho, look for any object with a aura/glow/light around it, usually colored strangely (purple, green, ect.). Those, more often than not, turn out to be switches to open doors. I think you have to specifically hit a series of chains where you currently are, but I could be wrong.
kain_taka is offline                         Send a private message to kain_taka
Old 07-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #123
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Thanks a lot! k:

In the first area, there was indeed a button like you describe. I had ignored it until now, thinking I'd pushed it before since it wasn't lighted.

In the second area, I had walked past the lights, but failed to see the difference in the chains after walking up to them. With the right combination, the door opened.

Apparently you've got an excellent memory
Old 10-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #124
Cowowar
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Feb 22 2005, 11:00 PM
game crashez once I´ve started it...I hear only bartender voice(the bar is closing...bla bla bla)...I cant do nothing...WD-key dosn´t help at all...infact the only way out is *REBOOOT*...its strange though...bartender walkcycle and some distandt bird-sounds still looping like it should ingame...I surpose...anyway...HOW SHOULD I KNOW...I CANT PLAY...PLAY...PLAY...im shakeing alot here...me...cant play game...IM LOOoosing my temper...

I have a very New, Powerful, Uptodate PC running XP...If that seems to be the problem...well..then this will be my finale quote... HATE YOU, FUTURE ...

ps... plz help
exactly the same problems, new pc and all
Cowowar is offline                         Send a private message to Cowowar
Old 10-03-2005, 06:06 AM   #125
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

There is this (unofficial?) patch from http://home.comcast.net/~heavyweight...kain/index.htm.

Note: I have not tried it yet, so I cannot guarantee it will work. I also have not played Blood Omen before, I am hoping to be able to play it as soon as I can find some time away from current busy schedule. So, try that patch at your own risk. Oh, and I am also not in any way affiliated with the site owner. I found the link to that site from HOTU
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 16-03-2005, 12:00 AM   #126
thecolourgrey

i downloaded the version off here, had the same problems as everyone else with the windows keys rubbish. i could get it to work ok but not really satisfactory. so now my friend bittorrent is helping me get a clonecd of it ah. how i love bittorent

Old 17-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #127
Johnny Butane

Not finished downloading yet but need to comment on earlier posts.

I remember this on the PS and Kain most defiinitely does not suck blood through a stick.

If you watch the intro Vorador sucks blood exactly the same way as Kain, kick behind vampire magic.

Old 18-03-2005, 06:55 PM   #128
Noob
Question

My game stop after i go to tomb (after die in city with human form) and i tryed all key of my keyboard and nothing! any can give a save game or a help????
:Titan:

Old 19-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #129
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Noob@Mar 18 2005, 07:55 PM
My game stop after i go to tomb (after die in city with human form) and i tryed all key of my keyboard and nothing! any can give a save game or a help????
Have you tried it multiple times? Sometimes the game hangs up for no reason, and the next time you try to do the same thing, it works.
And have you tried ALT+TAB? I don't know if this helps, but you could give it a try.

If that fails, and no one else comes up with a solution, I could send you a savegame of the first spot after that scene where it's possible to save.
Old 23-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #130
thecolourgrey

if you can get hold of the clonecd or an actual cd of the game there's a patch on the net that will fix all these problems not sure if it works on the version on abandonia though