Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
Strange Oddysee

Ive been wondering...whats the first game you ever played (if you remember) and what was the game when you realized that your hooked to games for life?

The first game I ever played was Doctor Mario on the nes when I was six.

And the game where I realized I was hooked was Doom 2 (as Doom probably is for a lot of people).
Strange Oddysee is offline                         Send a private message to Strange Oddysee
Old 04-03-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Calamity
Game freak

I can never remember if the first game I played was either Super Mario Bros, Rampage or Castlevania. :P

Dorkily enough the first game that got me hooked was the CGA version of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? on my old Tandy. Infact I got hooked on a lot of edutainment when I was little, I also loved this one called Reader Rabbit. As for other games that got me hooked, I believe it was either Space Quest 4 or the Dagger of Amon Ra (which still remains my favorite adventure game).
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 04-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

The first game I played..Pfffffoom,civilization,warcraft and Prince of Persia.I dont know which was first,but this were games I had on my first computer,so it must have been one of them.When I realized I was hooked?When I played civilization for 3 hours without notice it....
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 04-03-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard@Mar 4 2005, 06:28 PM
When I realized I was hooked?When I played civilization for 3 hours without notice it....
that's Civ for ya! "one more turn" syndrome is well-documented!

The first thing I remember on PC was a shareware Cd my dad found with Raptor and similar on it, but the first game i remember playing was Galaxians (like Space Invaders) on his old ZX28k. mmmm spectrum games. Atic Atac (curse your spelling!), Manic Miner, JSW, and Halls of the Things. that last one was incredible, even if it took forever to finish and had no save. I also learned to program BASIC on that machine, and started writing a game involving a series of maze-like screens and a frog called freddie trying to save his girlfriend from an evil crab. that was fun.

We used to have a load of games for the old Acorn at one point as well, cos my mum used to bring one home in the holidays (she's a teacher). There was a mail-order company called The Fourth Dimension who sold them. We had Diggers (unfortunately that's not actually as good as i remember it being ) the first Settlers (in German with poor instructions - that was confusing!) and a few other things. Mmmmm, nostalgia!

I reckon the first thing that had me hook, line and sinker was probably Colonization, even more than the original Civ; finished it several times, but usually i kept starting again to try and get that elusive perfect start. I remember playing Settlers 2 a lot (a bit later on obviously) in the 2-player co-op mode with my sister having an extra mouse attached to a serial port.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 04-03-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

First game I ever played was Super Mario Bros, Snes was Super Mario World, N64 was Super Mario 64, PC was prob I think it was Wolfenstein 3-D, but I could be mistaken.

The game I was hooked on for life would have to be Super Mario Bros 3, as for the PC it would have to be The Sims for fairly recently. With Deus Ex coming in close second, and some of the older Lucasarts titles (DOTT, Sam and Max etc..)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 04-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #6
xcom freak
Games Master

Buck Rogers on Sega mega drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game ROCKS i want to play it SO much but the PC version is
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 04-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #7
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Oh... that's really far back in the past...

The first game I ever played was: The Attack of the Phantom Karate Devils (1983)

The first game I really got hooked on was: Ghostbusters (1984)

Both still for the Commodore 64. I still play both of them! Grat games!!! Excelent gmaes!!!!!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #8
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Freakin' Tetris, as I like to call it.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 05-03-2005, 12:53 AM   #9
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

An old ascii game (at least I think it was ascii) that I think was just called castle was my first... got me hooked on the whole parser genre.
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin
Old 05-03-2005, 01:00 AM   #10
JJXB
Pi-voh

sonic was one of my first games (i had it on master system ) but the earliest game i was hooked on was star wars: dark forces (i can't find the cd though )
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB