Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-02-2005, 09:52 AM   #21
UnHoly
Super Freak

Dreadlord is talking about Secret of Monkey Island. It annoyed me to. I often get annoyed with short phrases like
Quote:
Nope
or
Quote:
Nie
in games translated to polish. I don't know why that little ones irritates me so much
UnHoly is offline                         Send a private message to UnHoly
Old 20-02-2005, 10:41 AM   #22
Arto

If I remember correctly, in The Riddle of Master Lu, the main character says constantly something stupid like: "I´m not thinking". It´s a great game, but it had quite many annoying sounds and phrases or whaterver. It is a pretty hard game too, so it probably just sounded more annoying than it actually was, because you get so frustrated with it.
Arto is offline                         Send a private message to Arto
Old 23-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #23
Mats
Abandonia nerd

Simon the sorecerer 3D when you don't really know what to do and you try to combine different items, Simon keeps saying stuff like "That's probably not a good idea" "have you gone mental" "that won't work"

He has around 5-6 phrases and he uses them over and over and over AND OVER AGAIN, it's like you want to cry because you can't skip past the phrases, but you have to listen to them in their full lenght.

Pat McGroin: no score

///MJ
Mats is offline                         Send a private message to Mats
Old 23-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #24
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Twin Snakes for GCN, try to shoot the rocket at the Rex when it's pinning Ninja, but Snake just replies with something like "No, I can't..." I pressed the button in a speedy order and it results in "N... No... No I... N.. No... N.... No I Can't..."
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 23-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #25
Strange Oddysee

Or that awful helicopter from Simcity 2000 "Helicopter one reporting heavy traffic".
Thankfully we could shoot it down!
Strange Oddysee is offline                         Send a private message to Strange Oddysee
Old 24-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #26
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate. Most annoying voices I ever heard, most cliche dialogues too.

"The heat of a thousand suns shall destroy you!" screamed with a voice of a rusty metal grate can get annoying 15 time over...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #27
Anovich
Abandonia nerd

I just remembered another one I absolutely hate. Generally in Bg and Bg2 it's annoying when the characters say their weapons do no damage. But particularly Jaheira in Ng2 "My weapon has no effect!" sooooooo got on my nerves :ranting:
Anovich is offline                         Send a private message to Anovich
Old 24-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #28
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Around 1990, there was a truly poor strategy/action/RPG title with terrible AI based on Joan of Arc. When an execution occurred, you'd hear an extremely loud repetitive crunching sound, with something like a cow wailing in anguish in between. It repeated about a dozen times, and there was no way to turn it off. The thing was evidently meant to be an axe, with a crowd roaring. I still can't forget it. I wish I could.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 24-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #29
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Playing the demo of Daggerfall on a operating system that wasn't one of it's extremely strict list of compatible systems would result in a very high pitched screaming noise that would eminate from anything if a sound effect was being played.

Or some of the units in Dark Reign

"Yeeeees?"
"Tumbertain"

Ah, Tanya, she sounded normal in the cinematics but ingame she sounded like a freak.
"YEAH?
"HAHA!"
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 25-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #30
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadlord@Feb 24 2005, 04:46 PM
Ah, Tanya, she sounded normal in the cinematics but ingame she sounded like a freak.
"YEAH?
"HAHA!"
god yes, that KERR-CHINGAH! noise she made was enough to make you turn off the sound for her missions.

although the original C&C did have by far the best music of the series.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone