Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-02-2005, 04:54 PM   #81
Buc're

I don't read all messages... all TTD fans check this site:
OpenTTD
Buc're is offline                         Send a private message to Buc're
Old 18-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #82
LittleDude

I have ttd + patch but i can't seem to get dash deisels or manley more deisels back to back or engines at the front and back gimme some help LOL

and i was playing the game a while ago the same train took out 2 or 3 rival busses LOL
LittleDude is offline                         Send a private message to LittleDude
Old 18-02-2005, 10:22 PM   #83
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You begin at year 1950 if you play with the default setting. As you play more desings will become available. I think there is some randomness in all this but you will always get the new desings sooner or later.

It is usually always worth using the new desings especially with trains. They start at low % reliability but that increase with time when they are first created. This mean that if you get a new very powerfull train (in term of HP) but with around 50-60% reliability and you purchase a lot of them (and reduce the time for maintenance so they don't break so often) you can end up upping their % back up to the 90% and sometime more.

Since you get more money if you bring the good faster to the end of the line, this end up with profits in the long run. Plus the old models end up losing % realibility after a while so you should always consider trying new models to see if they increase or else your lines will be so bugged down with broken down trains that they will become less and less profitable until it's not worth it anymore.

For the trains hitting busses, that's not a bug and you can use this to your advantage. If you want to prevent this happening to your own vehicles tough be sure to create bridges above or tunnels under the tracks (for either the train or the road, doesn't matter as long as they don't both connect) or you can be sure it will happen sooner or later. When one of your vehicle crash (any kind) the % efficiency of the stations will drop to near 0 so you should always try to avoid that too. And try to hit other players road vehicles too.
Old 19-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #84
LittleDude

it was always a 'dash' deisel that hit them might have been the same one dunno but i had 4 of them on 2 tracks 2 with mail cars 2 just solo
LittleDude is offline                         Send a private message to LittleDude
Old 21-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #85
LittleDude

Double post because i found out how to have back to back trains and engines at the front and back!!!
Old 22-02-2005, 08:43 AM   #86

please help me, im running winxp pro, and the other pc is running win98, we are unable to get network to work, it just minimises the window and stops responding after we join the game??? please help.. really wanna play this game again

Old 22-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #87
LittleDude

you trying single player or 2 player?
Old 24-02-2005, 09:25 AM   #88
SHADOW-XIII

Hello evreyone
I think I know much about TTD and I am supporting and helping with TTD at few forums.
I'd like you all to help to.
In my opinion TTD+TTDPatch is much more better than OTTD in the moment and it's not going to change soon for me so ... TTDPatch Rulez k:

anyway

if you would like visit http://www.tt-forums.net , the best source of knowledge about TT stuff (you can easly contact me there via Private Message)

I would like you to point to this release of TTDPatch: http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/latestw.zip (it's alpha developing version, but it has better default switches/settings) also visit http://wiki.ttdpatch.net to get all detailed information about TTDPatch

Old 24-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #89
AbandonBrfan

U DDY This is a niceeee game... my first sim game!!! but is so hard the money is down fast...!!! but i'm have a secret tactics
AbandonBrfan is offline                         Send a private message to AbandonBrfan
Old 13-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #90
Mjuboy

Hi ppl
i just dloaded teh ttd+patch from this site
the game works fine but cant seem to save my games
whenever i try to save, it says game save error
i run a winxp pro
it really sux if u cant save coz everytime i hv to start a new game
please help me
email me at: mjurulz@gmail.com