Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-02-2005, 12:34 AM   #141
cheesegrater
Game freak

Silent Hunter 2 - Most disappointing game. The original silent hunter which was made years earlier was 100 times better.

Driver 3? I didn't even know it was out. It sold well because of the reputation and the hype. It looks like they turned it into a GTA 3 clone. Immitation is the biggest type of flattery.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:52 AM   #142
Gun Man
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Man

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater@Feb 10 2005, 01:34 AM
Silent Hunter 2 - The original silent hunter which was made years earlier was 100 times better.

Oh a inteligent one :blink: but yeah is a bad game(not bad but boring)..but i love the underwater cam.

Lead Designer - IronOak Studios:
PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO
Gun Man is offline                         Send a private message to Gun Man
Old 10-02-2005, 02:03 AM   #143
cheesegrater
Game freak

The lack of a dynamic campaign was the biggest let down. Also, I hated the ship animation - all the ships sunk the same and it took them forever to sink. There was no secondary explosions, hull breaking, etc. The bugs in that game were horrible - especially problems with ships running aground. It's kinda puzzles me to see a battleship rolling around on the beach. Multiplayer was buggy as hell. The only good thing was the graphics and the awesome FPS I got on my crap Pentium II.

There was probably more disappoing games out there but this was the biggest one for me. Also post some games that everybody can agree on. Maybe you thought Age Of Empires was disappointing, but 10 other people think it was great.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:21 AM   #144
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I liked Age of Empires when I was younger, not for the battle but for the pretty buildings and stuff... actually I still love RTS mostly for the buildings.

But yeah those monks were annoying, I still remember their chants "ayehoo hailyoo"
Old 10-02-2005, 09:21 AM   #145
Mardi-Gras
Forum hobbit

For me, "The Getaway" - main problem? no following camera, added to an ai that always knew where you were. The driving section of the game was supposed to be "Just like driving in London!" I'll give it that, they succeeded there. Inching along at 5mph in a horrible jam of lorries, cars, bikes etc. And I've never heard such foul language in a game, ever! Not that I'm a prude, but it really is a bit over the top.

And I have to agree with the general sentiment regarding "Manhunt". i was applying for a job for a Playstation 2 magazine as a reviewer, and took Manhunt as one of the several games I chose to review. The magazine had a policy that it only reviewed games that the reviewer had completed in full. so I had to slog it out until it was done. That game is one nasty piece of work. not sure if it's Rockstar's attempt at a joke on everyone who found the cartoony violence of the Grand Theft Auto games fun, or something darker that's just beyond me. What's really ashame is that the closing levels are actually remarkably well designed, and, excepting the finale, veer away from the 'snuff' side into the more familiar territory of a game like "Hitman". But getting that far is tedious and unpleasant.

And i didn't even get the job.
Mardi-Gras is offline                         Send a private message to Mardi-Gras
Old 11-02-2005, 12:43 AM   #146
Draken

Quote:
Originally posted by NewSchool87@Jan 15 2005, 11:28 PM
Hey! :bye:
The more dissapointing games for me were the first Age Of Empires (it was boooring ) and Black And White (who cares about resources gestion? I wanted to play for the creatures!...but something was always going wrong)
Black and White was ok. It'll be much better in the Black and White 2, in which shall have amazing graphics and you get to control units to war(not peasants or townspeople, guards and knights and archers etc.)
Draken is offline                         Send a private message to Draken
Old 11-02-2005, 08:03 AM   #147
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Draken@Feb 11 2005, 01:43 AM
It'll be much better in the Black and White 2, in which shall have amazing graphics and you get to control units to war
That wasn't the problem of the original one. The problem was that you had to solve miniquests and invade an entire island while you had to constantly feed you worshippers and make sure the peasants didn't loose faith in you and expand your villages at the same time, while trying to get back your creature.
THAT was annoying
Old 11-02-2005, 02:28 PM   #148
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

The problem with Black and White is that while it claimed to be about being a god, that basically boiled down to throwing rocks, swinging your cursor about and being forced to play a virtual pet simulator. Real fine work there, Molyneux. I guess real games aren't popular anymore, just vague video game notions?
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 11-02-2005, 05:18 PM   #149
Calamity
Game freak

In terms of console games I'd probably say
-Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness: (this was the Tomb Raider I had been waiting the whole series for and by the time it finally comes out they managed to make the controls absolutely horrid so it's not even fun to play.)

-Final Fantasy VII and anything after it (I used to love the SNES Final Fantasy titles but everything past VI just doesn't do anything for me, plus there are far better RPGs out there.)

As for pc titles I was really let down with Bureau 13 but it might have just been the clunky interface and Diablo (For a game that everyone hails it sure was boring.) There could be a few more but I refuse to touch Deus Ex 2 (for example) since I adore the first one and really don't like what I've heard about it's sequel.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 12-02-2005, 12:11 AM   #150
Wired
Abandonia nerd

Star Fox: Senile Adventures

I think it's the only game I've really hated playing, I mean... it just bored me out of my skull and I promise and swear I'll never play that game again. Other than that I can't think of anything, oh I'm sure I've played lots of awful games but none other have fused it's evil vileness into my mind as firmly and irrevocably as SF:A.
Wired is offline                         Send a private message to Wired