Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #51
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

They get hungry much less often with Exult. The constant empty stomachs of the companions was a classic complaint with The Black Gate, so they fixed it.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 09-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #52
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt@Jan 9 2005, 05:02 PM
They get hungry much less often with Exult. The constant empty stomachs of the companions was a classic complaint with The Black Gate, so they fixed it.
For this alone, the Exult folks deserve to receive stock options in Garriott's current company.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 09-01-2005, 09:28 PM   #53
Dark
Smile

sorry
i forgot this is a english site
if any of you saw my last post
i was saying if they are going to upload Serpent isle
it have been a long wait...

Modified by Omuletzu
Reason: extensive use of emoticons for the sole purpose of annoying members!

Old 09-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #54
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Thank you, we know about all the wonderful emoticons already. You don't have to remind us.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 09-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #55
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt@Jan 9 2005, 10:52 PM
Thank you, we know about all the wonderful emoticons already. You don't have to remind us.

I have to wonder whether anybody will make as large and detailed a standalone RPG universe as Ultima VII or even BG2, again.* I was speaking recently with the project leader of Beyond Divinity; and it was his belief that the sheer cost of it all, thanks to all the art and animation required these days, simply makes it economically unfeasible.* On the other hand, one of the most encouraging signs was the development of Anito.* But that was done on-the-cheap, and the company has not been able to acquire a US distributor, which would helped bring in some greatly needed money.
LOL! I apologize for not knowing Croatian. I can manage German pretty well, but other than that (and English), I'm at a loss. And at the moment, I'd rather become much better in German, than pick up a third language. It would be nice to read Goethe without having to consult a dictionary.

I have to wonder whether anybody will make as large and detailed a standalone RPG universe as Ultima VII or even BG2, again. I was speaking recently with the project leader of Beyond Divinity; and it was his belief that the sheer cost of it all, thanks to all the art and animation required these days, simply makes it economically unfeasible. On the other hand, one of the most encouraging signs was the development of Anito. But that was done on-the-cheap, and the company has not been able to acquire a US distributor, which would helped bring in some greatly needed money.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 10-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #56
Alemtris

I'm also wondering if there's any update on adding the expansion to the downloads so we have the "full version" of Ultima 7. Any word?
Alemtris is offline                         Send a private message to Alemtris
Old 15-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #57
Thoralin

Excuse me, does anyone know how to get my characters to eat ? They keep complaining they are hungry and apparently I have to tell them somehow that all the food they are carrying can provide relief.
Thanks

Old 18-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #58
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Double-click on something to eat and then on the character you want to feed, or his portrait. Or just press F and then on the character. The latter option is probably Exult-only.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 10-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #59
jareth_chong

Ultima VII Part 2: Serpent Isle and its expansion The Silver Seed are available for download at GROG!

Serpent Isle is a better but more linear story than The Black Gate. The gameplay in Serpent Isle is also very linear and structured. NPC party members and all subplots are integral into the main storyline. Serpent Isle is less of a RPG and closer to being an adventure game. IMO, Ultima VII Part 2: Serpent Isle has the best storyline, the best characterization, and the best pacing in the entire classic series. (I have play through Ultima IV to IX, including both Underworld games and both Worlds of Ultima games.)

Exult supposingly is an open source project to update the Ultima VII game engine. However, Exult website indicates that the project is completed but the project does not update the entire engines, 100%. For example, hit points and damages do not work properly in Exult, and animals can open doors. Exults have quite a number of known issues, big and small. It does not seem that Exults will release newer versions to deal with those issues. So, I can't recommend using Exult to play Ultima VII.
i am myself, i am me...
but not for long, my flesh are rotten...
and all i remember will be forgotten
jareth_chong is offline                         Send a private message to jareth_chong
Old 11-02-2005, 02:59 PM   #60
Wired
Abandonia nerd

So, I was thinking. Should I play The Black Gate and Serpent Isle using Exult or should I just stick to the plain old dos versions? On one hand I'd really like to experience the games as they were meant to be played but on the other I'm thinking maybe the changes in Exult makes the games better (I'm not sure what changes there are really).
Wired is offline                         Send a private message to Wired