Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-01-2005, 07:50 AM   #91
Hanz0
Lurker

Legacy of Kain is one of the best games I have ever played! The whole "blood-sucking", "magic-droping", "ressurecting", "changing forms", part is great great great, even my little sister likes it (she fell for blood drinking) :angel: .
I realy didnt play all the series after it, but i think non of the "Kain" games will ever get close to gameplay and atmosphere like in this masterpice. A must play! k:
Hanz0 is offline                         Send a private message to Hanz0
Old 27-01-2005, 11:03 AM   #92
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanz0@Jan 27 2005, 08:50 AM
Legacy of Kain is one of the best games I have ever played! The whole "blood-sucking", "magic-droping", "ressurecting", "changing forms", part is great great great, even my little sister likes it (she fell for blood drinking) :angel: .
I realy didnt play all the series after it, but i think non of the "Kain" games will ever get close to gameplay and atmosphere like in this masterpice. A must play! k:
im a big fan of legacy of kain; soul reaver

it has its flaws its true, but it does let you wander about as freely as blood omen

the later ones arent very good.
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 27-01-2005, 05:20 PM   #93
Bluecharge

This is making me sick
none of you will answer the uber most important exclamation millions would like to hear, "Blood Omen:Legacy of Kain has detected an invalid locale identifier on your machine!"

Its a freaking great error that I keep freaking getting when i run it. Yes I have a perfectly fine system running XP but..ummm...this program sucks until it will run.
cheers
:help:

Old 27-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #94
Bluecharge

oh, and the error box title is "System Locale/Language Check Failed."

maybe that will help the think tanks help me figure this large, massive, horrendous piece of day-making crap out. :ranting:

Old 27-01-2005, 06:26 PM   #95
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluecharge@Jan 27 2005, 06:25 PM
oh, and the error box title is "System Locale/Language Check Failed."

maybe that will help the think tanks help me figure this large, massive, horrendous piece of day-making crap out. :ranting:
im not sure it will work, but you need to set up an additional location and langue in win xp, of uk british, or american or something then set that to play the game..
Old 01-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #96
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by xoopx@Jan 4 2005, 07:30 PM
i finished it! (on playstation) it wasnt as hard as i thought. i only found 24/100 secrets ;(
having the movies or reading that transcript someone posted is important if you want to know wtf is happening.

worryingly, the story was a ridiculous and convoluted as soul reaver 2... bad guy after bad guy after bad guy, all quadruple crossing everyone else.

so out of the 4 kain games ive played, i still rate soul reaver 1 as the best
Hey what do you use as a psx emulator? I've got a fast computer but i'm not sure as to what the latest emu's are...I so want the movies/cutscenes for this game ...

Thanks

Old 01-02-2005, 08:59 AM   #97
xoopx
Hero Gamer

epsxe is a great one. get plugins from "pete"
it does take a bit of setting up, its not HARD but there are a lot of settings to play with
Old 02-02-2005, 07:20 PM   #98
Balvan

I wonder if Kain meets Raziel in this game or is it in the other sequel?
Balvan is offline                         Send a private message to Balvan
Old 08-02-2005, 03:57 AM   #99
jpnuar1

Send a message via ICQ to jpnuar1 Send a message via MSN to jpnuar1

OK, I can't download this (of course, I am still trying to), since it would take about a week to do so.

But I have a question involving the movies...

Is the plot understandable without having the movies? Or will I have to buy the playstation game (and a playstation or PS2) if I want to enjoy the superb plots that I have heard are present in all Silicon Knights' games? (I have so far only ever played Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and its sloryline PWNED!!!!)
Old 09-02-2005, 04:02 AM   #100
MonkeeBoy
Lurker

I've played both the psx and abondonia versions of Kain and I'd have to say the plot makes very little sense without the cutscenes. Oh sure, you can figure out what's going on but you'd tend to have this constant vague feeling of "Did I miss something here?" Still fun to play but if you want to enjoy the well done story, hunt down a psx or pc copy on ebay or someplace like that.
MonkeeBoy is offline                         Send a private message to MonkeeBoy