Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 AM   #301
Lord Blade

I'm having some problems with the speed in this game.
It works fine for the first part.

But when I leave the first town, time seems to be going by super fast.
Is there any way to slow it down?
Lord Blade is offline                         Send a private message to Lord Blade
Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #302
Abandoned Witch
I will never go back anymore

Albion's the best RPG ever made.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #303
bruneauinfo
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
I think this will solve your problem, run the setup.exe and change the top sound card to Sound Blaster Pro (I used New).

Let us know if that fixes the problem.
This appears to have worked for me. Windows 7 64-bit. At least it starts now.
bruneauinfo is offline                         Send a private message to bruneauinfo
Old 22-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #304
Guest1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored player View Post
However, I am still interested in the main story, and, most importantly, about how they explained the magical part in the end. If somebody would care to write a few sentences about that, I would be very grateful. (I can find walkthroughs, but no story line anywhere on the Internet.) I know that I won't be able to bring myself to play Albion further, but I do want to know this part. Thanks in advance!
Guess there is no explanation. It's just fantasy and I hope it doesn't really mean the programmers believe that "there are more things in heaven and earth, Rainer, than are dreamt of in your scientific world view.".

About the other criticism:
What you describe is just typical RPG-gameplay of that era, the stuff many old school players miss in todays games. They don't make games like they used to ... and that's a good thing. :P
But to be fair one has to admit that compared to many other games released back then Albion at least tried to be immersive. Ok, the clumsy dialogue (yes, even in German it's not very good) doesn't help but many other things like the beautiful pixel art and the very detailled plot do.

And to hell with logical dungeon design, switch puzzles are great!

Old 16-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #305
Jeminy3

Post Mouse too clunky? Try the arrow keys!

Hello! Great game here, thanks for making it available! I've been enjoying it so far. =)

I'd like to point out something that may not have been addressed earlier - if it has been, I apologize.

I've discovered that you can, in fact, control your characters with the arrow keys on overworlds and, more importantly, inside dungeons and cities. You can move forwards, backwards, and turn pretty quickly, and it's a huge help.

I can see what the developers were trying to do with the controls in the 3D areas, making the game completely mouse-controlled, but for those areas it's a bit clunky and slow. The "diagonal" movement arrows in the corners can be annoying when you just want to turn without moving and click in the wrong area.

Another thing, the arrow keys (which includes numpad arrows) will work as long as your cursor is over the main game window, not the bottom area with the character portraits. So if the arrow keys stop working, make sure your cursor is over the main gameplay area.

Last edited by Jeminy3; 01-03-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Jeminy3 is offline                         Send a private message to Jeminy3
Old 16-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #306
Roller
Lurker

Do you guys play this game still? Who is better Siobhan or Khunag, facing a choice there. The thing is, i think Siobhan a better but i heard Khunag is involved in some sidequests. So maybe i should ask if Siobhan is talkative or is just a silent puppet?
Roller is offline                         Send a private message to Roller
Old 25-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #307
Sheldon
Exclamation Spoilers

Mega Spoilers ahead don't read if you don't want to know!!!

When I reach Maini I almost always choose Siobhan. She doesn't say much, but she can use some of the best equipment that no one else can. When she is all decked out with the best gear, she is probably the strongest character in the game.

SPOILERS (You've been warned):
-
-
-
-
Khunag is an essential character for the later quest through the Kengent Kamulos
underground city/dungeon and the game wont let you go there without him. It's not essential to pick him up as soon as you arrive at Maini for the first time though.
Anytime after Melthas and Sira leave at the end of Maini you can go back and pick up Khunag and have him in your party as well as Siobhan. I often go to the Kengent Kamulos city with the following party: Tom, Drirr, Harriet, Siobhan and Khunag. Yes you miss out on the powerful spells of Melthas and Sira, and yes you will only have 5 members, but you get Siobhan. That way your party is much less reliant on magic and you can deal with the monsters that have a high magic resistance.
Afterwards you can ditch one of them for the final mission to the Toronto and take Melthas and Sira or you can keep them both and pick up Joe for the 6th spot.

Old 25-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #308
bill5

I gave this a 1 since I can't give a game any higher that doesn't actually work. It seems to "install" just fine but when I run it in DOSBox, it just kicks me right out. Too bad, sounded interesting.
bill5 is offline                         Send a private message to bill5
Old 26-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #309
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
I gave this a 1 since I can't give a game any higher that doesn't actually work. It seems to "install" just fine but when I run it in DOSBox, it just kicks me right out. Too bad, sounded interesting.
Well, post your problem in Troubleshooting. I'm sure game can be played.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 27-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #310
Default different problem

My problem isn't the sound...my problem is that i can't get this game to work. Every time i click on something to get it going i receive a message about how my system doesn't support full screen mode.

I have played various games in full-screen mode, and i remember this game very well. I would love to play it again...but how?

also i remember i originally stopped playing because i could never get past the words. There is a section where you have to sneak into the mines to hear the incantation for keeping evil spirits out of the mines, and i would hide to get the words...but when i would report it, i was told that they were the wrong words. I repeated the quest over and over, but never got anywhere.