Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #51
uweficker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
From memory, you have two types of ants: workers and warriors.

Warriors just run around and fight. Workers are those who do all the job.

What you basically need to do is select an ant, go where there is food, pick some (I think) then go back to the colony. Doing so imprint your "scent" and you now have a trail from your colony to the food. The other workers should then go there by themselves and harvest.

ahhh, thx.

i think in the beginning, i'm alone. am I the queen? 'cause i have to breed, or? thats why i cant pick up food, i guess.
uweficker is offline                         Send a private message to uweficker
Old 20-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #52
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You are a queen in the start, yes.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #53
uweficker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
You are a queen in the start, yes.

hmm, after breeding, the queen dies directly. And the game's over.

i think i need food but as a queen i can't pick up food.
uweficker is offline                         Send a private message to uweficker
Old 20-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #54
dosraider
Dismembered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ucLyqEboGM

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/564767-simant/faqs

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 20-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #55
uweficker

ahhh, i don't know why, but now it works.

thx
Old 21-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #56
jacoboram126

hmm sounds interesting you would have to develop a whole society of ants!!! would love to play a game like that.! I'll try it out.
Old 23-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #57
Alexis78
Forum hobbit

If I remember well, you can pick up food no matter what kind of ant you are, worker or soldier.
Now I didn´t remember if being that ant with a pair of wings you can collect food (I never used them to go around), but for the other two, yes, you ALWAYS can pick food with a soldier or a worker, at least in the MS-Dos version that I have from years ago.

And it´s better to catch food with a soldier in case of a fortuite encounter againts a red ant. The workers use to die more often than the soldiers against red ants, the giant spider only can be killed...ummm...no spoilers!.
Alexis78 is offline                         Send a private message to Alexis78
Old 23-07-2011, 04:11 AM   #58
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

By a human walking on them?
Old 26-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #59
GarbageGamer

i hate to be the buzz killington here but most to all SIM related games are now owned by EA, and they still hold the Copyright to them ....sucks because it seems the only place to get SimAnt is off eBay or amazon for like 18$ new

Abandonware isn't an actual legal term. In fact, SimAnt is still owned by EA and it is not legal to download it. I've seen sites get taken down for hosting SimAnt and other EA games... not that it stops much of anyone from doing it, but it's worth noting that it is not a legally free downloadable game yet.

Quote from the Lazy Game Reviewer (aka largest Maxis fan ive ever seen)
GarbageGamer is offline                         Send a private message to GarbageGamer
Old 26-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #60
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGamer View Post
i hate to be the buzz killington here but most to all SIM related games are now owned by EA, and they still hold the Copyright to them ....sucks because it seems the only place to get SimAnt is off eBay or amazon for like 18$ new

Abandonware isn't an actual legal term. In fact, SimAnt is still owned by EA and it is not legal to download it. I've seen sites get taken down for hosting SimAnt and other EA games... not that it stops much of anyone from doing it, but it's worth noting that it is not a legally free downloadable game yet.

Quote from the Lazy Game Reviewer (aka largest Maxis fan ive ever seen)
First, there is no "universal rule" on whats abandonware and whats not. Abandonia has its own quite strict rules and SimAnt and some other Sim-games check through it. Download was removed around 06 after the site staff was contacted by ESA (Not EA, who is a member though. And yes, we do know who owns copyrights and these kind of things) on behalf of their members, but it was applied again 3 years later, and this time ESA protection was part of the rules as well as couple of others that are related to online sites selling copies. Bottom line: Mr Lazy Game Reviewer doesn't decide whats Abandonware, at least not here.

Second, its actually about 2-3€ on Amazon. Bit more on Ebay, but that was a complete boxed copy. I got mine for 5€ and that was at a local supermarket.

Third, we know what were doing here, on both rules and abandonware in general. No reason to point out obvious things like its illegal, or what others say or think about it. Yes its illegal (more like it falls in "no one cares" gray area), but there is honor among thieves and we have better policy on these things than any given warez site.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen