Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #91
Andr

A game related question:

Can't find the lever on erstams machine.

where is it?

Old 30-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #92
urgent26

Old gem, played this for so long. Some tricks:

1. It is possible to cremate EVERYTHING. Tho not applicable now, it used to be a big deal cuz the savegame file can be cut down a lot, and loading is much faster.

2. It's possible to fight anyone and anything by hiding behind a wall and using a 2 handed weapon or whip. In some cases, even a one-handed weapon can work. Very useful if you're starting out, low on cash and need some dead guardsmen to cremate.
urgent26 is offline                         Send a private message to urgent26
Old 01-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #93
TaintedGlory

I'm a huge fan of this game and haven't played it sense I was a kid however I was wondering if anyone knew of anyway I could get this running on my 64 bit version of vista?

I can install dosbox or exult, however whenever I try to install the game itself windows says something regarding compatibility issues. Its my understanding that it runs a 16 bit installer.. which can't be run on a 64 bit computer..

Any help would be awesome, I fear I'll have to dig up old cd's and install a virtual system..
TaintedGlory is offline                         Send a private message to TaintedGlory
Old 01-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #94
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Run DOSBox. Run the game's installer in DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #95
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you need to install the game via dosbox. that's why you downloaded it after all..
Old 02-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #96
TaintedGlory

Heh, I thought I did. But apparently I was using dosbox wrong. Anyways I figured it out, but wouldn't have if it hadn't been for the two of you. So thank you very much
TaintedGlory is offline                         Send a private message to TaintedGlory
Old 22-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #97
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Default Regarding DOSBOX

Dosbox Technical Configuration

Version 2.0

After installing dosbox you will get a configuration file. Open that file and you will see the following commands:

cycles=auto
#( this is the default value and should work for most of the games )
cycles=9000
#( some games require a customized value in order to run satisfactorily (e.g. Master of Orion). Use this only if the first one fails )

memsize=16
#( this is the default value and should work for most games. If you are familiar with dos programs I would suggest that you customize this value )

insert the following at the most bottom of the file:

mount x c:\mydocuments\dominus
x:

# The mount command above differs from person to person depending on where you extracted the zip file to. Try not to mount as z because some XP ( or possibly Vista ) computers will produce some kind of anomaly.
# Save the file with the changes above.
# Go to where you extracted the zip file and run install.exe ( Run the file within DOSBOX. NOTE: If you are running VISTA you might encounter problems, in that case you might want to configure install.exe in an older system and then transfer the game to your VISTA PC ( Yeah I know it is a pain in the behind but I had to do it this way, unless you have a better method than mine )
# Set the following sound card configuration:

sound blaster compatible ( 100% ) or original
address 220 ( also known as 220H )
irq 5 ( also known as interrupt request 5 )
drq 1 or dma 1

# Save the changes and exit install.exe and exit DOSBOX by typing ?exit? and press return
# Run Dosbox and you should get:

x:

# Type "dir/w/p" and hit enter or return. Every dos game will have three executables, .bat or .exe or .com. Look for these files and one of these will run the game, with sound. ( For Dominus it is DOM.BAT, for STAR TRAIL it is STAR.EXE so on and so forth )
# And then press ALT + Enter to maximize the screen.

Enjoy the games and good luck.:thumbs:
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 12:42 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 09-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #98
MV75
Abandonia nerd

How did we get this unprotected?

Thanks heaps for the disks download. I've been wanting replacements for my original 7 for 10+ years that went bad.

I have img copies of the 2 silver seed disks if wanted too from my originals. LMK.

Last edited by Paco; 16-10-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: removed link
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 05-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #99
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Regarding Gameplay:

I am suppose to get Water of Discipline for Gwenno but I can't gain access to the invisible chest that holds a key. The invisible chest is surrounded by walls. I have tried using Fetch, Telekinesis and Blink but to no avail. Can someone please help.

Thank you.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 15-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #100
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Ok, I got around to looking at the disks that are for download, disk 4 and 5 are the same one (disk4). Can this be fixed? Thanks.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75