Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #61
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Tired

I killed already 4 pair of worms.
And new appeared! Rats!! Some said they're 15 pairs!!!
Mama mia..
But my provision decreased even I eat only at yellow color of my meter.
I hope to find some Screamers for food.
To be fair I have some reserve in the boxes in the beginning of the level. Maybe now is the moment to back to water supply to level 2 and use my last food.
My water meters show about inch (2.54mm) water only.

Where are my good German advisers? Kmonster, twillight and other boys?

starving yoga

Actually in real life a yoga is possible to live with very small quantity of food.
Yes, I know.
Sadly my warriors are not yogi.

This game is not easy of all..
What easy was feeding in Ultima II! Take a fishing rod and goto near water. Voila!! 10-12 fishes without problem.
Keine Problem.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 13-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #62
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Brave yoga

I have pleasure to announce that brave yoga finished level 4.
My God, what a fight with billion Magenta Worms.
Oh, this game is absolutely though.
The main factors are two: Light and food (water).
At last I am able to start direct duel with Rockpile.
But Worms are very, very hard opponents. God bless the doors. Without door I am unable at this stage to win against violet worms.
Q: If I back to level 4 Screamers room have I find again Screamers for foot?
TY, Danke sehr, Sposibo.

thankful yoga
Old 13-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #63
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
The main factors are two: Light and food (water).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohne Mitleid View Post
Don't ever overestimate your need for food and water. Once of the worst things in the game is walking along, dying of thirst and starvation with no relief in sight.
There are rooms that regenerate Screamers and other enemies. Now would be a good time to find a water source that is nearby. Kill Screamers, eat, drink, sleep, kill more Screamers.

Now is also a good time to move Gothmog and Elisha to the front to fight and gain experience. It would also be a good time for everyone to practice spells.

With time, comes experience, as is true in life. The more time you spend building your party when you have resources, the less time you will spend dying in the future.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 13-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #64
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
There are rooms that regenerate Screamers and other enemies. Now would be a good time to find a water source that is nearby. Kill Screamers, eat, drink, sleep, kill more Screamers.

Now is also a good time to move Gothmog and Elisha to the front to fight and gain experience. It would also be a good time for everyone to practice spells.

With time, comes experience, as is true in life. The more time you spend building your party when you have resources, the less time you will spend dying in the future.
Great advices!
True and true.
Yes, but time said me non stop: Yoga do not forget that food and light decreased every second. So I am forced as You before to be faster and faster and faster...
In Ultima II I was able to stop, to do order in my boxes end cetera. There time is very, very important factor..
..Yes, I know the Screamers room but before minute I visited it, and NO any Screamers? How, if, to start regeneration process?
Last news: I passed 2 of 4 places in level 5.
Q: I need some directions what monster with what spell to be beat. Now I dully use Fireball and from 2 minutes Poison cloud.
TY, Danke, Merci

yoga

PS: Is it possible constant light all the game?
I see in Youtube some gay using 6 (!) save slots? How is possible?
Old 13-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #65
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Great advices!..Yes, I know the Screamers room but before minute I visited it, and NO any Screamers? How, if, to start regeneration process?
You have to wait. If you want to know how long to wait, kill your last Screamer, save the game, start your timer and go to sleep (in the game). The Screamers will wake you up. That's what I did, anyway. Then I restored the game, found myself a water source, came back to the Screamer area and waited. Hmmm... did you ever try to fill your wineskin from a puddle on the ground? I can't remember if that works or not.
Quote:
Last news: I passed 2 of 4 places in level 5.
You'll have to remember, I am replaying this mostly from memory, so I don't really remember everything by level numbers. Level one is the level with the Hall of Champions, right? Or did you start counting when you went down one level?
Quote:
Q: I need some directions what monster with what spell to be beat. Now I dully use Fireball and from 2 minutes Poison cloud.
I think there were over 20 monsters in the game. I don't remember how to kill every single one. Fireball, poison and lightning seemed to be the most effective, but not everything dies using just those three spells.
Quote:
PS: Is it possible constant light all the game?
I think there are some magic amulets or necklaces that provide light if worn. Practice casting stronger light spells. Even if you fail at things, fighting or magic use, you still gain experience.
Quote:
I see in Youtube some gay using 6 (!) save slots? How is possible?
I don't know about 6 save games, but I do know that every time you save the game, it creates a BAK file of your save. So you actually have two save games: The one you just saved and the point you just saved a game from.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 14-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #66
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
You have to wait. If you want to know how long to wait, kill your last Screamer, save the game, start your timer and go to sleep (in the game). The Screamers will wake you up. That's what I did, anyway. Then I restored the game, found myself a water source, came back to the Screamer area and waited. Hmmm... did you ever try to fill your wineskin from a puddle on the ground? I can't remember if that works or not.
You'll have to remember, I am replaying this mostly from memory, so I don't really remember everything by level numbers. Level one is the level with the Hall of Champions, right? Or did you start counting when you went down one level?I think there were over 20 monsters in the game. I don't remember how to kill every single one. Fireball, poison and lightning seemed to be the most effective, but not everything dies using just those three spells.I think there are some magic amulets or necklaces that provide light if worn. Practice casting stronger light spells. Even if you fail at things, fighting or magic use, you still gain experience.
I don't know about 6 save games, but I do know that every time you save the game, it creates a BAK file of your save. So you actually have two save games: The one you just saved and the point you just saved a game from.
I found how to start regeneration process for Screamers room. I passed the room in question and make 4-5 steps aside. Then back and voila.. 4 Screamers waited to be sliced. OK. I did 3 times when...yes..same f....d worms suddenly attacked me from aside. Now I panically escaped but prepare to back and kill the worms and cont. my slicing work, because I suspect that there will be no food, no much Screamers on levels forward. I plan to fill up 2 boxes with me for reserve.

...Yes, for me Hall of Champions is level 1. Now I am at level 5 (this one with many water wall resources), after level 4 with Screamers room. To clear more the things, there is a room with 30-40 teleporters. Remember? I will check yr idea for ground puddle for water and report.
I know that you help not playing the game and memory some time can not recall corectly the events. So my thanks are very thankful. I may say: Danke Sehr Gnadige Ohne Mitleid, of course.
Q: OK, now we have Screamers room. But after 2-3 levels I suppose will be not so handy to back to this 4 level. New similar rooms? If not how will yoga provide the group with food supply? Ummoglich!

This game is a big challenge for me, because 3 years ago I failed in Level 3, when 2 rockpiles beated me down. Now I am able to enter direct duel with rockpile and kill it.
Q2: This is principal Q. I did collect many stuff. Which is to keep and which is to throw out? New and new stuff appeared. Any direction?
What is this Rabbit foot for? Some AB member tell me - yoga this is for luck! True or he is kidding me? I have 2 already.

I am patient gamer, who do not advance fast as idiot. I evaluate the situation, save, and step by step try to overcome. Many times I battle with some opponent looooooooooooooooooong hours. I enjoyed to crash the enemy with more attempts. Still I use the tactic: Hit, run back and restore.
This is because I am still weak relatively...
I remember my long battle with bad Lord Xeem in saga Words of Xeen. Amazing!!

yoga - the brave leader of victorious gang
Old 14-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #67
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Help! I express severe problem in the last room of 4: the room (North with many traps) -when I stritly follow the road suddenly was attacked from my left side by 2 Snakes!I killed snakes but 2 of my characters were killed. No any Rebirth altar nearby!Hard time for brave yoga. The problem is hard because I have to change my position, which result offail the road! It is not ordinary road but very near..
Old 14-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #68
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Wow

Quote:
Help! I express severe problem in the last room of 4: the room (North with many traps) -when I stritly follow the road suddenly was attacked from my left side by 2 Snakes!I killed snakes but 2 of my characters were killed. No any Rebirth altar nearby!Hard time for brave yoga. The problem is hard because I have to change my position, which result offail the road! It is not ordinary road but very near..
Oh, Mein Gott! Oh, Mein Gott! What a game!!

Can You imagine, dear Ohne Mileid, my last minutes before end of level 5?
Thanks to yr advice for save.bak file I resumed the lost game. Danke Sehr, noch ein mal!!
Well, brave yoga started the last road to West. Imagine mine field and yoga, carefully walking up-down surrounded by mines (actually traps). In this very hard moment.. yes.. but no one, nor 2 but 3 Snakes attacked me. They attacked my right line warrior Sonja and killed her 1-2-3 times. Well, I understand that Snake solution is 3 Clouds of Poison. Ok.
Yoga makes full strength columns, give Sonja the best armor, prepared 2 potions of Anti Poison and 2 potions of Health restore, prepared Elija and Gothmog with ready Clouds of poison spells and..started my road of hero. First Snake appeared - 2 spells - wipe out. Very fast I prepared new Clouds of Poison potions. Same story. At the same time I advanced to West. Entered. 3-th Snake followed me. Es gibt keine Problem. I am prepared, at stable ground and snake is kaput..
Note: As I promised I checked to take water by ground. Nein.
..Then new snake appeared and some strange green opponents (like green walking trunk). Eliminated. Mission accomplished.
.Now I am in the beginning of level 6. A skeleton wanted to tell me Hello with saber, but I politely sent it to a better world.
Very important note for the beginners:
At any cost close the door after Screamers room this way preventing polite visits of regenerated violet worms.

yoga 6 level
Old 14-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #69
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

I'm glad I could be of some help. I really liked this game too.

Now, for your other questions:
For which equipment to keep and not to keep, sometimes that is hard to say. Some items are magic, some offer better protection and then you have to consider how much everything weighs on top of it all! I know you have Gothmog in your party (he was in mine too). I don't know if you still have it, but he was wearing something on his chest with a moon or something on it. He was the first one I used to figure out about magic items. Wear the shirt (or whatever it is), check his stats, take off the shirt, check his stats and something changes. It was one of his stats being less without the shirt than with it. The same method applies with items that are cursed. If you wear the cursed item, your stats will go down, not up, if the item is worn.

The rabbit's foot is supposed to boost your luck. I could never figure out if it was just luck for hitting things or for spells too. I could also never figure out if your character had to have it in their hand or just in inventory. The theory is, every character has a certain amount of luck. Let's say your luck is 100. You try to hit an opponent and would ordinarily miss, but your luck helps you and you hit instead. Your luck would then decrease. So if you rely on luck to hit (or cast spells?) and your luck score goes to zero? As the saying goes, you are out of luck or your luck just ran out. At some point during the game, I decided I was going to rely on skill rather than luck, then threw the rabbit's foot away.

Sorry about the water on the ground, but it was worth a try. The snakes and the traps. Now I guess you know why the snakes have wings near their heads. I think the green walking trunks are supposed to be some kind of slime monster. I thought they were the second worst drawn monster in the game. At least you have the worst drawn monster in the game to look forward to!
Old 15-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #70
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking level 6

Quote:
I'm glad I could be of some help. I really liked this game too.

Now, for your other questions:
For which equipment to keep and not to keep, sometimes that is hard to say. Some items are magic, some offer better protection and then you have to consider how much everything weighs on top of it all! I know you have Gothmog in your party (he was in mine too). I don't know if you still have it, but he was wearing something on his chest with a moon or something on it. He was the first one I used to figure out about magic items. Wear the shirt (or whatever it is), check his stats, take off the shirt, check his stats and something changes. It was one of his stats being less without the shirt than with it. The same method applies with items that are cursed. If you wear the cursed item, your stats will go down, not up, if the item is worn.

The rabbit's foot is supposed to boost your luck. I could never figure out if it was just luck for hitting things or for spells too. I could also never figure out if your character had to have it in their hand or just in inventory. The theory is, every character has a certain amount of luck. Let's say your luck is 100. You try to hit an opponent and would ordinarily miss, but your luck helps you and you hit instead. Your luck would then decrease. So if you rely on luck to hit (or cast spells?) and your luck score goes to zero? As the saying goes, you are out of luck or your luck just ran out. At some point during the game, I decided I was going to rely on skill rather than luck, then threw the rabbit's foot away.

Sorry about the water on the ground, but it was worth a try. The snakes and the traps. Now I guess you know why the snakes have wings near their heads. I think the green walking trunks are supposed to be some kind of slime monster. I thought they were the second worst drawn monster in the game. At least you have the worst drawn monster in the game to look forward to!
Yes, I increase my experience but still I have no feeling I control the game. No, this game suprised me every moment. Every new step ahead brings me new and new opponents and new quiz.
OK. Time for more detailed situation:

Location - level 6.

Battle layout:
First line right warrior - Sonja (Fighter)
First line left warrior - Hisssa (Fighter)
Second line right warrior - Gothmog (Wizard)
Second line left warrior - Elija (Priest)

Weapon:
Sonja - Staff of Clans
Hisssa - Axe (my best weapon for now)
Gothmog - Compass
Elija - 2 throwing knives, star

Armor and weights:
Sonja- Large shield - 47 kg
Hisssa - Small shield - 49 kg
Gothmog - Buckler - 33 kg
Elija - Torch - 56 kg

Health + Stamina + Mana
So - 112, 80, 6
Hi - 185, 87, 5
Go- 90, 65, 56
El - 140, 96, 74

I do have 3 Magic boxes, 4 ordinary boxes, 8 glass bottles, some magic potions in glasses, 2 rabbit foots, 4 water skins, golden key, 4 gold coins, silver coin, 2 new torches, 1 RA key and other stuff.

Situation: I enter level 6 but in wrong place. Have to enter again level 5 and goto South to find correct place in level 6.

But I started giant supply operation assuming than in the future the food and water will very small and even nothing. So I will fill 3 x 8 = 24 Screamers slices in the boxes as reserve. The 4-th box will carry up these special ready MA, VI, Ku, Ya and Dain potions.
I will fill 4 waterskins and 8 glass bottles with water. The supply operation is about to end.
Note: Never in my life I learn so much game DM info. Even in the university!
I think this reserve will be enough for next 1-2 levels and hope to have chance to back again to my stock - Screamers room.

Would be so kind informing me is some similar room acting like Screamers room in next levels?
How to use VEN potions with Poison cloud?
And who is my last enemy?
Thanks

yoga supplier